June 29, 2002
I'm petsitting/ housesitting for some friends for the next two weeks so my updates to this here site might be sporadic. But, then again, that is usually the case. Please bear with me. (You could also bare with me, but why be gluttons for punishment?)
June 28, 2002
After exchanging insurance information and dealing with the police, Mom drove home. As she tried to get back into her routine, Mom received an unexpected visitor a couple hours later. Some guy knocked on the door and asked Mom to call 911 for him. He was disoriented and apparently overdosed on some drugs. The guy was a complete stranger so Mom told him he could use the phone if he stayed on the porch. He agreed and Mom warily handed him the phone. He then called 911.
A few minutes later, the driveway was flooded with flashing lights. An ambulance showed up, the fire department showed up and so did some police from the city and the county. According to a cop Mom talked to, the unexpected visitor was a familiar face, one of their regulars. Soon the visitor was placed in the ambulance and everybody drove away.
Mom is okay and doing fine, but she's really glad the excitement is over!
June 20, 2002
A special thanks to Tim (once again!) for sending me a bunch of vidcaps to play around with. The goal is to use them throughout the site so keep an eye out for them!
Elsewhere, things are slow at work and I'm only working six hours a day. I don't mind it, but my next paycheck is going to look pretty slim.
June 18, 2002
* I went to a couple of my niece's t-ball games. Keke is a good little athlete. She hit a couple of homeruns and made her coach proud (Which she does quite often since her coach is her mom. Hi, Carrie!).
* I renewed my driver's license. I was a little worried about taking the vision test since I haven't seen an eye doctor in ages. My ancient contact lenses did their job however and I passed! I was rewarded with a piece of plastic with a mug shot of a bloated fat man (Who is that guy?). I was thrilled.
* I was filmed getting covered with fake bird poop. (Here's my recipe: Add flour to water. Pour over head.)
* I lost my right contact lens in my eye. It wedged itself in the upper corner. Basically, it was deep inside my eye socket and it took hours before I finally got it out.
* While flipping channels, I noticed there was a new guy hosting Blue's Clues. He seemed nice and all, but what happened to Steve?
* I celebrated my 33rd birthday on June 14. I'm still playing in 30's back yard so I'm not grieving for my lost youth just yet, but give me a few days! Thanks to my family and friends for the cards and the gifts!
* I didn't update this site as much as I wanted which seriously blows. Dang.
With the above in mind, I close with the following quote:
masterpiece was ever created by a lazy artist"
June 12, 2002
While I have been slacking around these parts, things are progressing nicely on the show. Tim finished putting together our newest episode, "Clown Day Afternoon", last week and he did a stellar job! Everything looks and sounds great. Hopefully, that episode will begin airing in late July.
On Sunday, Tim, Bill, and I filmed some stuff for the upcoming "Single White Vinnie" episode and for an episode of Yakking with Arlo. As always, filming was fun. We did a scene outside Bob's Comic Castle where we witnessed a woman having trouble parking her car in an empty parking lot (Unfortunately, we didn't get that on film). Bob's owner, Trent Reeder, allowed us to film on his doorstep and even participated in the shoot. Thanks, Trent! Hope we didn't scare off any of your customers!
In some medical news, Tim had some surgery done Monday. He's currently recuperating at home. Get well soon, Tim!
And, as for me, I'm on vacation this week and it seems like the days are just flying by so, before I know it, I'll be back at work. Ugh.
June 2, 2002
While talking to Bill today, he mentioned his wife, Jamie, was excited to see her name mentioned on this here website. Jamie, of course, can be seen in our current episode, "The Comedy Stylings of Sven Juppen". However, Jamie seemed to be slightly disappointed not to see her picture on the site. To correct that oversight, I present the photo below.
Copyright © 2001-2006 Tom Cherry