South Vietnam tour dates:
Captain, Flight Platoon Commander, 1962 with 18th Aviation Company at Nha Trang, flying DeHavilland 11-place "Otter" aircraft;
Major, Flight Platoon Commander, 1966-67 with 281st Assault Helicopter Company flying UH-1 "Huey" helicopters at Nha Trang, flying special operations missions in support of 5th Special Forces Group.
Held staff assignments with 3rd Armored Division, Seventh Army Headquarters, 1st Infantry Division, 5th Mechanized Division, 1st Aviation Brigade, Fort Rucker Fixed-Wing Department, and U.S. Army School of the Americas.
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 1970, Park College, Parkville, MO.
Born: August 3, 1928, Wheeling, W.VA.
Lourdes Hernandez Cabrera, wife of 52 years, five children, 5 grandchildren all reside in South Florida.
Profession after military service: Safety Director and Transportation Director, Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
These Are My Stories
281st Assault Helicopter Company, RVN, 1966-1967
2nd Tour - 1st Two Days
Seven Hills S.O.G. Operation
Another Look At Covert Actions In Indochina
Why Didn't I Receive A Purple Heart Medal?
Chief Warrant Officer Walter F. Wrobleski
The Saga of the Exploding Toilet
Moberg's "Shot Down with Robbie Story"
Bob Moberg's Story
18th Aviation Company (Otter), RVN, 1962
BUNS, ICEBALLS, PRETZELS, NUTS AND OTHER DEPRESSION MONEY-MAKERS
THE CONDUCTOR AND THE GENERAL
“THE FIGHTING LADY”
LOOK BEFORE YOU TURN!
MY PERSONALLY MEMORABLE P2V FLIGHT
PRETZEL, THE AMBASSADOR AND THE GENERAL
RIFLE at my gut---PISTOL at my head!
BLACK CATS & SUPERSTITION!
Some of my pictures:
1. Capt. Jack Serig, Service Platoon Cmdr., Nha Trang 1962, 18th Aviation Co. 'Otters'
2. Capt Serig accompanied General Duong Van "BIG" Minh and party into Laos. The general was President of South Vietnam when Saigon fell to the N. Viet forces
3. Jan 1962 enroute to Nam on USNC Core, a "jeep' carrier. Capt. Jack Serig, 18th Aviation Co. 'Otters', 1st Fixed Wing Unit to arrive in South Vietnam
4. Beach at Cam Rahn Bay, 1967, Major Serig, Adjutant, 10th Avn. Bn.
5. Major Serig, Gemini II Hotel, Saigon, 30 Apr 67 2-months TDY to process aircraft loss reports.
6. Nui Ba Dinh, 1967, Major Serig flew the parked helicopter in and took the photo from the local headquarters front steps.
7. Aerial view of Hue taken by Capt Jack Serig, mid-1962
Jack W. Serig, Sr.
9021 SW 140th St.
Miami, FL 33176-7108