Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Place Part bug/annoyance

> On my system everything updates properly except the designator. The part
> type & footprint are correct.
>
> I still consider it a bug, & I've never found a way around it.
>
> I'm not sure if you are aware of this but, by clicking on the left browse
> panel, you can quickly jump to the part you want by typing in the first
> couple characters. This saves scrolling time. I'm not a touch typist, so
> this method may be slower for you. (I just wish Protel knew what
> alphanumeric order was, like they did in P98.)
>
> Mark Geddes

Maybe we're talking about different things, but I consider that Protel 99 SE
is an improvement over Protel 98. Protel 98 listed components in
alphabetical/ASCII sequence (so that R10 was listed between R1 and R2,
rather than after R9), whereas Protel 99 SE lists components in a sequence
that I (and material released by Protel) refer to as alphanumerically sorted
(in which R10 is listed after R9).

Regards,
Geoff Harland.
E-Mail Disclaimer