Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: blind vias w/ Protel / Specctra

Todd,
Rather than spending time editing the dsn file for blind vias,  here is what
I do.  Assign several thru hole via definitions/sizes in the design rules.
View these in the dsn file as Via1, Via2, Via3, etc.,  and only edit these
vias as blind/ burried by changing the appropriate  layers.
Also don't worry about the stack up transferring over to spectra. Spectra
doesn't care what the order is.

And rather than editing out every via comment in the dsn file, find out
which via is the default culprit assigned to every net ,  and use spectra
command to exclude this via, or use the pull down menu in spectra.

As far as classes, I believe you  are right  the classes are broken down to
net level.   Is that so bad?  The end result is like executing lower level/
machine code.   It works the same.

Also make sure you have the latest version of spectra because versions up to
8.0  did not support blind vias very well.  The last few versions do a great
job.

Mike Reagan

EDSI Frederick