From: TSListServer [mailto:owner-proteledausers@techservinc.com]On
Behalf Of Michael Reagan
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2000 6:01 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list proteledausers
Subject: Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: PADS ASCII netlist reference designator
bug - is there a workaround?

Drew,
I would look at a couple things
1.  Does Pads allow net names longer than 8 characters
2. Does Pads allow reference designator as long as you have them.

3. I was told by PADS support that they no longer will support their old
netlist format.  The last two versions of PADS used a new format to support
Viewlogic attributes.

The problems you are experiencing probably come from PADs not supporting
their old netlist format .  Personally, I would start taking some of those
PADS files and importing them into Protel and convert them.  You will also
find the same problems with Orcad schematic to PADS now.   PADs is trying to
redirect customers away from ORCAD and outside program created netlist and
attempting to tie in closer with Viewlogic.

Mike Reagan
EDSI