From: TSListServer [mailto:owner-proteledausers@techservinc.com]On
Behalf Of Jon Elson
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2000 12:42 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list proteledausers
Subject: Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: No Net assignments on tracks & vias...

Brian Guralnick wrote:

> Mr. Cary,
>
> Ahhhhhhhhh,,,, There it is ------ thanks a million, I was looking for
that.
> It isn't well documented in the help.
>
> > Later I do a "Design | Netlist Manager | Menu | Update Free Primitives
> From
> > Component Pads" which changes the net of those "No Net" pads and traces
> the
> > net to which I just connected them, to make DRC happy.

Let us know how it works on your board, please.  I have a board
I imported from Protel 2.8, and it made a MESS out of the entire
board.  Almost 75% of the tracks were labeled wrong!  One net
(randomly selected) would take over 50% of the actual nets on
the board.  A complete jumble!  I am still wondering if it is
something I did, something peculiar to the board database, or
a general problem that this function does not work right.

Jon