- Melt butter, sift flour and sugar and add to butter; stir in milk. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from stove fire and add beaten egg yolks. Add vanilla. Fold in carefully the beaten egg whites.
- Place pudding dish in a pan of water and bake for about 40 minutes. Serve with any hard sauce.
- Cream butter until fluffy; add sugar gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla. Serve over pudding or cake; sprinkle with a little nutmeg.
If prefered you can add vanilla for additional taste.