Historically, the people I call serial power-grabbers (also known as looters) have always gravitated to government service because that's where the chances for them to grab power over other's lives are the greatest. Sure, there are opportunities for that in any bureaucracy, private or public, but none more so than in government.
CREATING HYSTERIA AS A PLOY
One of the ploys they've used down through the years -- and one that has worked well for them -- is the creation of hysteria among the people. This system was enumerated many years ago by the philosopher G. W. F. Hegel, and it carries his name, being called: "The Hegelian Principle." It is designed to create hysteria and allow laws to be made that would not have been allowed by the people without this previous conditioning. Creating hysteria requires just three steps:
- Create a problem or take a small problem and convince people that it is one of monumental proportions threatening our way of life.
- Publicize the problem, using every possible means of communication to whip up the desired hysteria among people who don't pay attention to politics as a rule and are thus subject to believing lies. Then:
- Offer a solution: When these people hysterically demand a solution to the problem you have created, you then offer one; one that will take away one or more additional rights, and usually more tax money, putting more power over their lives in the hands of the power-grabbers. There are several good examples of this principle operating as this is written:
- The drug problem: The so-called drug war has allowed them to pass laws (RICO) that allow government agents to become bandits who stop people on the street and confiscate (steal) the money in their pockets without having to prove any wrongdoing. It allows them to take the money thus stol... uh, confiscated and use it to finance their efforts to stea... er, confiscate more. In some places, individual cops get a cut of the swag. They stop lots of drivers on the highways and on the streets, using a very subjective drug dealer profile as probable cause and take the money they find on the driver and the passengers, saying "it must be drug money." Especially if the amount is large. They target people who own land the agency would like to have to use in their war, raid them, and sometimes kill them when they attempt to defend their homes or businesses with their own guns. When such jack-booted thug raids fail to find any contraband, no one is punished for wrongful killing. Self-defense apparently doesn't count when those people breaking into your house turn out to be cops or federal agents. They confiscate the homes of people whose visiting grandchild possessed a very small amount of marijuana while releasing violent criminals from prison to make room for drug users, while customs officials search the insides of the bodies of people coming into the United States.
- Warrantless searches: With the new money designs including an infra-red strip that allows them to scan your pocket as you pass any point (usually in airports) and count the money in your pocket, they can now know how much cash you have without the need to search you, and can stop and stea... confiscate it as "probable drug money" without having to prove anything - and 80% of the money thus taken has been kept by the government agencies. Mainly because the burden of proof is on the owner of the money to prove it is not drug money and he is forced to post a big bond to guarantee payment of the government's legal costs before any suit can be filed to get such money back.
- The smoking problem: There is really no proof other than statistics (which are easily manipulated) that smoking causes great health problems among humans. But they've been whipping up hysteria for many years in this field. They have scored some surprising victories in recent years. They force them to carry warning labels on every pack and those labels are growing more and more hysterical. They cannot advertise on television. They now have the right to dictate how the tobacco companies may advertise, and are able to keep them from using successful campaigns, because they're successful. Tobacco companies have agreed to pay a large extortion payoff to state governments to stop people from being able to sue them for what amounts to their own stupidity. And remember, this is a legal product. Without the anti-tobacco hysteria they've spent years whipping up, they could never do these things to a powerful and well-heeled industry -- with their permission.
- The gun problem: Notwithstanding the fact that gun control laws will not keep criminals - who don't obey laws at all -- from owning guns, and will only serve to disarm honest citizens, the anti-gun fanatics are quickly gaining more and more control over local gun laws. This gives the criminals more and more unarmed citizens upon whom to prey without fear of being hurt themselves. Except in places where people are allowed to get carry permits easily, where violent crime is fast going down in favor of crimes that do not require these cowardly criminals to come into contact with people who may shoot them.
- The child abuse problem: The increase in reports of child abuse in this country is alarming. Reports of child abuse have increased so quickly as to frighten most people -- some for one reason and others for another. Most people who buy into this lie believe that child abuse is growing at an alarming rate and this frightens them. People who know the truth are more frightened by the fact that 80% of all reports of child abuse are found to be false nationally, yet the child savers keep this information from you as much as they can and revile people like me who try to tell you the truth. In pursuing unprovable cases to the bitter end while knowing they can't find real evidence and are hurting people, they are so busy that they ignore the real child abuse (the 20% that's provable) and children die or live lives of agony and pain. They do this to whip people into a frenzy about the children while they, themselves, cause abuse to the children they should be protecting, by destroying their loving families without cause. In doing so, there's a lot of power to go around, even to allow the lowest-paid, untrained worker to be able to dictate people's lives.
- It's "about the children": And it's not just "child abuse" that they use to gain more control. Today, everything is "about the children" because saying "it's for the children" guarantees you the support of people who don't pay attention to politics and are thus unaware that you're simply running a scam on them.
- The environment problem: There are some problems with the way humans deal with the environment. But they aren't nearly as serious as the pseudo-scientists want you to believe. Example:
- Global warming: The figures just don't show that there is a problem with global warming. In fact, the general temperature in the world decreased by about half a degree in recent years. Twenty years ago, the same pseudo-scientists were yelling about the onset of a new ice age! Read the report: "The Sky is Falling!" for more detailed information and testimony of the man who invented the instrument they still use to measure world temperature.
- Humans not part of nature: They want you to believe that only the plants and animals are part of nature and humans are not. That this is absurd doesn't seem to phase them. Humans are mammals, and are thus part of nature. 'Nuff said.
- Trees: They say that cutting down trees is against nature. But they ignore the fact that nature herself cuts them down to keep them from overrunning the earth. They pretend that trees are not a renewable resource. But that's wrong. Trees are a crop, just like corn. Has anybody ever seriously suggested not cutting down corn? They are planted, they grow, and they are cut down. If man doesn't plant replacement trees, nature does.
These are just a few of the numerous scams the serial power-grabbers have going. There are so many going now that one person, let alone many, can't even keep track of them all, let alone write about them coherently -- and that's part of the plan of the power-grabbers: if it would take a 500-page book just to list them all, how are we going to stop them? Recognize them and oppose them: I spend just about all my time now opposing and alerting people about these scams. You don't have to do that much - just don't let them con you into giving permission for your own enslavement any longer. Oppose them at every opportunity and you might even win. If you don't win, in a few years, you'll live in a dictatorship.
The first thing you must do to help in this fight is to keep yourself informed as to things the power seekers don't want you to know.
To do that, join my "Forced Altruism List" by going to: http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/forcedaltruism and following the instructions to get a daily update on what's happening and a place where you can express your own gripes and frustrations by posting them to the entire List.
You may also read the current issue of the monthly online web based newsletter, "Beyond Common Sense," by going to: http:www.angelfire.com/co2/beyondcommonsense.
If you like what you see, you may subscribe to the Announcement List that notifies you when a new issue comes out by going to: http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/beyondcommonsense and following the instructions.
THE RAY THOMA$ PERSONAL PAGE
© 1997 firstname.lastname@example.org