James Osborn Crippen born October 21, 1786 in Accomack County Virginia and died December 13, 1866 married Martha "Patsy" Hall in Knox County, Tn., March 28, 1808. Joseph Geron (witness).
Martha was born in Hillsboro, Orange County, North Carolina September 12, 1784 dau. of Thomas Hall and Nancy Hays Hall. Martha died December 24, 1860? She is buried in Halls, Tn near Knoxville on Brown Gap Road in the 4400 block in a small cemetery with her husband and other family.
For a topographic map of this cemetery Click here. For more listings of others buried in this cemetery see bottom of page.
James Osborn Crippen was the son of John Crippen
Click on his name for lineage on Rootsweb.
James Osborn Crippen and Martha "Patsy" Hall Crippen had the following known children:
For grandchildrenClick Here
1. John F. (Jack) Crippen, M.D. b: 12 FEB 1810; d: Knox, TN; m: Mrs. Sarah P. O'Dell on 25 AUG 1840
2. William P. Crippen, b: 18 JUL 1811, Knox, TN; m: 21 Nov. 1833, Dicie Tindell . He was a constable for several years; and afterward was Sheriff of Knox, TN for six years.
3. *Obadiah Hall Crippen was born March 13, 1814
4. Nancy Jane Crippen was born 1820
5. Martha Crippen was born 1838
Obadiah Hall Crippen born March 13, 1814 was the son of James Osborn and Martha "Patsy" Hall Crippen.
Obadiah married (1)Elizabeth Harbison.
Obadiah Hall Crippen and Elizabeth Harbison had one child:
1. Angeline Crippen born 1836
Obediah married (2)Martha Roberts in Knox County, Tennessee, December 24, 1839. Thomas E Hall (judge); Andrew C Hall (witness). Martha was born 1821.
Obadiah Hall Crippen and Martha Roberts Crippen had the following known children:
1. Alcy Crippen was born 1841.
2. Mary Crippen was born 1842.
3.* Lamyra (Almira) Crippen was born 1845 and married Robert L. Wood son of Daniel M. Wood and Sarah Ellen Childress Wood
4. Sarah J Crippen was born 1846. She married Thomas D Wood in Knox County, Tennessee, August 29, 1861. Thomas D Wood was also the son of Daniel M. Wood and Sarah Ellen Childress Wood
5. Zilpha Bethaney Crippen was born 1848 married James Norris 20 Apr. 1867
Others buried at the cemetery on Brown Gap Road in Halls Tn are:
Martha J. Hall born Feb. 28, 1828 died Sept. 28, 1904 wife of J.L. Brown. The inscription at bottom of tombstone reads "An honest man is the noblest work of God"
Sarah P.Arnold wife of Dr. John Crippen. Sarah was born Feb. 12, 1808 and died March 22, 1878
James Crippen born May 13, 1841 and died June 26, 1914
Back to the Wood Family