Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Admission V
Paradise Found - Part 2

By Aries

Friday, 12:25 a.m.

"This is beautiful, but we really shouldn’t be here," the young woman reminded her friend.

"Don’t sweat it, Deb. It’s late. And if we should come across anyone, we just smile, say hello and act like we belong here. Who’s to know?"

"I guess...wow. Look at the beach down there, Nic. It looks beautiful now, imagine how gorgeous it must be in the daytime."

"Yeah...hey, let’s go take a walk."

"What? Down there? You think we should?"

"Yeah, why not? Come on Deb, live a little."

Nicole bounded ahead and disappeared behind a large clump of shrubs. By the time her companion had caught up to her, she’d found her crouching over a bunch of rocks, staring intently at something down on the beach.

"Nic, what are..."

Nicole quickly held two fingers up to her lips and motioned to Deb.

As the other woman approached, Nicole grasped her wrist, pulling her down to her knees.

"Want to see something absolutely gorgeous?" Nicole asked, just below a whisper.

Deb’s brow wrinkled.

"Down there." Nicole pointed to a moon-washed spot on the beach. Deb followed her direction and practically fell over.

"Oh - my - God...are they doing what I think they’re doing?"

"You bet they are."

"Those are the guys from the restaurant, Nic! I’m willing to bet money on it."

"Yeah, I think so too...they’re beautiful, aren’t they?"

Deb nodded, entranced. "Nic...we should go..."

"Why?" Nicole asked, not taking her eyes off of the scene below.

"Because...we should give them their privacy."

"They won’t even know we’re here. Come on Deb, how many more times in your life do you think you’re going to get to see something like this? Look at the way they move. So fluid...graceful." She stifled a giggle. "Like jungle cats."

"Nic, you’ve been reading too many smutty novels."

"I know. Ain’t it great?"

Deb watched the men, chewing her bottom lip. "Never thought I would appreciate watching two men doing it but damn, they are beautiful..."

The sand crunched softly under Alex’s back as Mulder thrust slowly into him, adding layer upon layer of tension with each stroke. His eyes fluttered open and he stared dazedly up at the clear, star-strewn sky. It was as if he was a part of that sky, hovering with the stars, there in the blackness. And it was this man, this beautiful, unselfish man who had taken him there.

Cause you are my starship
Come take me up tonight...

Mulder smiled through his building agony, listening to Alex’s soft sounds of pleasure. It almost sounded for a second there, like he was humming. He studied his lover’s expression. So soft. His lips...those lips that he never tired of kissing, slightly parted, allowing low moans and sighs to escape. And his eyes. Beautiful, hypnotic eyes, glazed and distant, turned up toward the stars.

Time to reach those stars, lover.

Alex’s body arched and a harsh growl filled the night air as he felt Mulder’s fist close around his rigid cock and begin a series of long firm strokes, exactly matching the tempo of his hips.

"Oh my...God...Fox...Fox..."

There was more than just the frantic need for release in his broken cries. Mulder cut him off, every word spoken with agonizing deliberateness.

"Come on, baby. Come for me. It’s what I want..."

Mulder quickened his pace and took Alex over the edge, pulling spasm after violent spasm from his body, pumping relentlessly, plunging as deep as he possibly could to prolong the moment.

An eternity later, the coursing shudders subsided but the driving presence within, remained. Blindly, Alex reached up and pulled Mulder down to him, sliding his hands along the perspiration drenched, sand sprinkled back. His fingers dug into slippery muscle, giving silent encouragement.

Mulder squeezed his eyes shut, his soft whimpers growing in volume as he slammed into the man beneath him with short, almost brutal thrusts. His whole body felt like a spring, being wound tighter and tighter until it was ready to break apart at the seams. The sensation and the need to relieve it consumed him, drove him harder and faster, wringing choking sobs from him as Alex held him tightly.

Please... A tear formed in the corner of Alex’s eye and rolled down, dropping off of his cheek and into the sand. Don’t let him suffer any more. Don’t let him...

Almost as his thought was completed, something happened to the man above him.

Mulder gritted his teeth as a tidal wave of devastation blasted through his body, ripping him apart. A furious snarl tore from his throat as he continued to ram into his lover until sheer exhaustion forced him to stop. He collapsed onto Alex’s chest, his now depleted cock slipping from between the still twitching muscles of the younger man.

Through the aftermath of Fox’s orgasm, he clung desperately to Alex, his body still wracked with violent shudders. Alex hugged him tightly, stroking his damp hair as he began to sob. Alex smiled through the flood of his own tears and kissed the top of the golden brown head.

"No more pain, lisa." He kissed him again. "No more dreams..."

Mulder inhaled raggedly, struggling for breath as he continued to cry. Krycek held him, cooing softly and dropping tender kisses into his hair. Gradually, the sobs abated and his respiration slowed. His body began to relax and his grip on Alex loosened.

"Fox?" Alex called softly to him.

No answer.

"Baby, are you with me?"

"Mmmm..." Mulder tried to lift his head but a gentle hand stopped him.

"No. It’s all right. I just wanted to know if you were still alive." He rubbed the barely conscious man’s back. "Relax. It’s okay. I love you. You rest...."

The two men lay quietly together, lost in each other and the joy of the long awaited completion of their reunion. All was silent now, except for the constant swish of the ocean and the steady rhythm of their combined breaths.

1:04 a.m.

The two women watched, struck silent by the thing they’d just witnessed.

It was over now, the beautiful, sensuous prelude. The ferocious, screaming climax that would have drawn all sorts of attention, had this not been private property....the achingly emotional finish that left both men exhausted and crying in each other’s arms.

Nicole drew a deep shaky breath and turned glazed eyes to her companion. "I get the feeling that we just witnessed a hell of a lot more than just two guys having sex."

Deb swiped at the corner of one eye. "I know. I have no idea what it was but... damn. My hands are shaking." She started to back away. "Come on, Nic. Let’s leave them alone."

The two women left as silently as they’d arrived, leaving the objects of their attention blissfully unaware that they’d ever been there.

2:45 a.m.

Mulder stirred and sighed softly. Gentle fingers massaged his temple and a warm mouth pressed against his forehead.

"Alex?"

"Thought you were going to be out for the night."

He lifted his head and looked down into tired but contented eyes. "Sorry."

Alex reached up and pushed the hair away from Mulder’s eyes. He gave his lover a devilish grin. "What for? I can think of a hell of a lot worse ways to wake up in the morning than naked with you, on a beach."

Mulder gave him a timid half smile.

Alex caught a handful of hair and pulled Mulder down to his mouth. After a long dizzying kiss, he murmured softly. "So..."

Mulder drew the corner of his lower lip into his mouth. "So."

Soft chuckle. "How do you feel?"

"Weak. Exhausted...better than I remember feeling in a long, long time." He lowered his head to Alex’s chest. "Thank you."

"For?"

"For sticking this out with me. I know it hasn’t been easy."

"It’s been hell. Watching you suffer so much and not being able to help....it was a hell of a chance we took tonight. I would've hated myself if nothing had changed."

"Right. We. I was as much a part of it as you were. You didn’t force me." He stretched up and kissed the underside of Alex’s chin, tasting the clean salty flavor of sweat and sea spray. "Actually, I was the one who’d initiated it. And even if it had ended badly for me, it would have been well worth the pain to know that I could still satisfy you."

Krycek tightened his hold on the man in his arms. "The pleasure lasts only so long. But the misery I’d feel later, would go on and on. Don’t you know that it breaks my heart every time I think about one of those episodes? Every time it happened I’d lay there holding you, feeling your body shake, seeing the agony in your face and wishing to God I could absorb the pain..."

"I understand how you felt. But worse than that pain for me, was the pain of wanting to be close to you. Of wanting to be what you needed and knowing that I couldn’t. It made me crazy." He lifted his head once more and smiled. "I guess this is one point we’ll never agree on."

Krycek skimmed the side of his finger down his lover’s nose. "Guess not...we don’t have to. It’s over. Thank God....come on. Let’s get back to the house. You need to get to sleep."

"You too..."

The men rose and brushed the sand off of each other, then went about collecting their clothes. As Mulder was pulling his pants up, Alex appeared behind him and helped him slip into his shirt.

"Thanks." He groaned softly. "God, my muscles feel like spaghetti."

"Still weak?"

"Yeah."

"Nothing that a warm shower and a good long rest won’t cure."

"That sounds so good."

Alex took his hand and silently led him back to the house.

3:38 a.m.

The bedroom door opened and Mulder entered first. He heard the click, signaling the locking of the door and then Alex was behind him, removing his shirt. He grinned.

"Make up your mind, would you?"

"Hmm?"

"You dress me, you undress me..."

Alex moved around to his front and began to unzip his pants. "I promise...I will not be dressing you again tonight."

Mulder leaned in and, pushing Alex’s shirt from his shoulders, planted a long, teasing kiss on his mouth.

"Morning."

"Huh?"

"It’s morning."

"Whatever...m-mmm..." Alex slipped the pants down and off and raised an amused eyebrow. "What’s this?"

"Nothing."

"Really. Have I ever told you that you’ve got the most impressive ‘nothing’ I’ve ever seen?"

"Yeah?"

Alex reached for his own zipper. "Oh, yeah." He let his pants drop and kicked them away before he moved closer, brushing against Mulder who glanced down between them, then back up.

"Speaking of impressive..." He inhaled sharply as Alex shifted, bringing their cocks together, allowing them to rub against each other.

"Yes?" Alex rumbled against his cheek.

"I uh..." he swallowed hard, "I forgot what I was saying..."

"Come on," Alex grasped his wrist and pulled him toward the bathroom. "Shower, then bed."

They entered the bathroom and Alex turned on the shower, testing the water before leading the other man inside.

Mulder closed his eyes, enjoying the warm spray as it ran down his body. He ran his fingers through his hair, pushing it back as he turned his face up under the water. Alex joined him, their bodies touching, as he did the same. He smirked and turned to reach for the bath wash and sponge. As he did, Alex wrapped his arms around him and pulled him backward.

"What are you...aah..." He winced, feeling the nip of teeth at his shoulder. Alex pressed his straining erection against his lover’s backside and stroked his hand up and down his chest.

"Too tempting," he mumbled into Mulder’s shoulder and pushed harder against him.

Mulder dropped the items in his hand, letting Alex push him up against the tiled wall of the shower. Alex fastened his lips onto the padded muscle between his shoulder and the base of his neck and applied a moderate suction. Mulder grinned.

"You know how many years it’s been since I’ve gotten a hickey?"

Alex released him and admired his handiwork. "No, how many?"

"More than I can count."

Alex licked the mildly tender area, sending shivers up his lover’s spine. "Well, that’s just too long." His hand slid downward and grazed the tip of Mulder’s swollen cock.

Mulder bit off a harsh groan.

"I didn’t think you’d be so sensitive again so soon," Alex purred against his shoulder as he closed his hand around the smooth shaft.

"Got a lot of catching up to do," Mulder replied through gritted teeth.

"Hmm...I see." Alex stroked him slowly.

"Mmmmmmmmm..."

"Good?"

Mulder laid his cheek against the tile and nodded.

Alex grinned wickedly and ran the fingers of his other hand down the cleft of his ass.

Mulder jerked reflexively against his hand. "Alex..."

"Hmm?"

"Please..."

Alex worked one finger in, past the clenching muscle, preparing him. It had been a while and he was extremely tight. He added a second finger and smiled as his Fox bucked against his hand.

"We are impatient, aren’t we?" He pulled his fingers out, leaving Mulder scratching at the tiles and whimpering.

"Nooo...Alex..."

"Easy, lisa. I’m not going to tease you..." He guided his cock to the place his fingers had just been. "I just thought you might like this instead. Would you?"

"Yes." Mulder pushed back against him. "Give it to me, Alex..."

Alex wrapped an arm around his chest and leaned forward against his back. His mouth traveled up Mulder’s neck to his ear. "I have a question for you."

"Now?"

"Mmm hmm."

"Come on, Alex..."

"Answer my question first."

Frustrated sigh. "What?"

Alex pushed forward until the head of his cock just began to stretch the muscle. A low growl rumbled deep in Mulder’s chest. Alex’s tongue inched out and swiped at his outer ear.

"Who do you belong to?"

Not a second’s hesitation. "You."

Mulder’s mouth dropped open and a hard shuddering gasp escaped as his lover surged forward, filling him with his solid heat.

Alex held him in a secure embrace and pumped steadily into him. One hand slipped down to his hard, wet cock and curled around it. Mulder automatically began to thrust into the firmly closed fist but Alex stopped him.

"Don’t move," he instructed softly. "Let me."

Difficult as it was, Mulder submitted to his lover’s request and held still. Alex soon found a comfortable rhythm and got down to business. No teasing, no fooling around. Pure and simple, this was a matter of need.

Mulder rested his forehead against the wall, palms flat out on either side. His breaths came out in rasping hisses from behind tightly clenched teeth and every muscle in his body screamed for relief.

Alex increased the speed and strength of his movements, taking Fox for the second time tonight, to the heaven he never thought he’d see again.

"Jesus.....ah, shit..."

In a heartbeat, it was on him. That teeth-grinding, mind-shattering ecstasy that had for far too long, eluded him. His strangled screams bounced off of the walls of the shower. His muscles tightened like a vice around Alex’s cock, triggering the younger man’s own violent orgasm. He held tightly to his lover, his hoarse cries muffled in the older man’s back. His hand continued to milk the cock it held, even after it had become slick with fluid. Only after they both went quiet, did he let go and wrap both arms around Mulder. Still connected, both men slumped forward, gasping for air.

Alex recovered first. He gently disengaged himself and pulled Mulder into his arms.

"You okay?"

Mulder nodded wearily, the hazel barely discernible beneath his heavy eyelids.

"You’re not going to slide to the floor if I let you go for a minute?" he teased.

A slow shake of his head was all the answer Mulder could muster.

Krycek released him and retrieved the bathwash and sponge from the floor. Quickly and efficiently, he washed his barely awake lover then led him out of the shower where he dried him and then put him to bed. That done, he returned to complete his own shower. Ten minutes later, he was under the light sheet, draping one long leg and an arm across the sleeping man. He nestled his head close to Mulder’s and immediately fell into a heavy slumber.

1:41 p.m.

Comes the day bright new leaving night’s soft sighs and tender passions behind
Still he sleeps dark angel lover of my dreams
Truth in love and light and sleep
Take from me what you will for I have more to give than ever I imagined
And you my heart’s deepest secret love’s most puzzling mystery give more than ever I knew you possessed
Boundless patience soothing touch and loving promises made so earnest
You made me believe
And the specter of an icy solitude haunts me no more...

Alex stirred, rising from a sleep, deeper than any he could recall. The arms around his back and the steady thud beneath his cheek brought a smile to his lips. He moaned softly and cuddled against the man who held him.

Mulder ceased his rhapsodic musings and opened his eyes. One hand began a slow sweep up and down Alex’s back and he rubbed his cheek into the silky hair.

"Good afternoon."

Sleepy reply. "Afternoon? Really?"

"Mmm hmm. Going on one."

Alex lifted his head and found his lover’s eyes. "How did you sleep?"

"Like the dead. You?"

He laughed softly and again rested his head "The same."

"Alex."

"Yeah?"

"Last night...this morning was...shattering. I had no idea...it took me completely by surprise."

"I know. I prayed for it but I didn’t think..."

"Neither did I. I’d been scared to death, thinking about what would happen to us if this trip didn’t work out."

"You would’ve gone for professional help when we got back home and I would have been there with you every step of the way."

Mulder raised a hand to Alex’s hair, petting and finger-combing the wild strands. "I know that you would have stayed. Finally I can say, I really know. The patience you’ve shown is nothing short of amazing."

"I’m a very patient man."

Mulder’s amused voice reached his ear. "Not always..."

"Well okay but you know...when it counts..."

"Uh huh."

Alex shifted and came in contact with the stony length of Mulder’s erect cock. "Ooooh." His hand dipped down between their bodies and stroked the twitching shaft. "Is this for me?"

Mulder’s eyelids fluttered then slid shut. "Only for you."

"That’s good to hear. What do you suggest I do with it?"

"I’ll just leave that to you. I trust your good judgment."

"Really?" Alex turned his face into Mulder’s chest and teased a nipple to stiffness with the tip of his tongue. "What if I decide that you’ve had enough? Three times in twelve hours may be overdoing it a bit..."

"Alex..." Mulder released his name on a deep sigh. "I would really hate to have to hurt you."

"S’cuse me...didn’t you just say that you trusted my judgment?"

"Yeah...except when it’s so glaringly flawed."

"Ohhh, so it’s like that. He only trusts me when it suits him..."

"Alex."

"And when it doesn’t I get threats of violence..."

Alex..."

"Pretty damn good. I think I should be insulted..."

"Alexei..."

Alex broke off his tirade upon hearing the unfamiliar sound of his full name on his lover’s lips. "What?"

"Shut the hell up and suck my cock."

A tiny smile twitched in the corner of his mouth. "Pushy, pushy..."

Alex slid down Mulder’s chest, licking and nipping all the way. Mulder closed his eyes and rolled his head to one side. He inhaled deeply, anticipating that first sweet touch of his lover’s mouth.

Alex reached his destination and delicately ran the very tip of his tongue up the underside of the smooth shaft, following the large, distended vein.

"Oh, yeah...m-mmm..." Mulder’s hands clenched in the sheets and he squirmed in response to Alex’s teasing touch. "Baby..."

Alex smiled and lapped at the weeping tip. "You never call me that. I like it..."

"Sure, I have."

"When?"

"Last night..."

"I don’t remember."

"You were busy."

"Oh. Well anyway...say it again." He sucked the entire shaft down his throat, causing Mulder’s body to jerk up off the mattress. A hard groan filled the air.

"Mphh...oh God, baby..." He sucked a long hissing breath in through his teeth. "Aaaaah....so good..."

Alex’s already erect cock throbbed in reaction to Mulder’s words. He ignored it, difficult as that was, and concentrated on bringing his Fox to another blinding orgasm.

Minutes later, Mulder lay panting and exhausted and completely satisfied. "Goddamn, you’re..."

Before he could finish, Alex’s mouth came down hard on his, robbing him of words and breath. An insistent tongue invaded his open mouth, bringing with it a familiar bitter tang.

Mulder’s soft moan vibrated inside Alex’s mouth, traveling down his throat, through his body and settling right around the general vicinity of his groin. He tore his lips away and grasped a handful of hair.

"I’m not done with you yet."

He locked eyes with his drained lover, giving him a moment to decide if he wished to protest. Hearing no sound, he stroked the stubbled cheek. "Spread your legs for me."

Mulder obeyed without question. He closed his eyes and tilted his head back.

"Open your eyes, Fox."

As he did so, Alex kneeled between his thighs. "Look at me. Don’t let your eyes leave mine."

Mulder’s respiration deepened. He loved it when Alex took control. He loved it when Alex was submissive...shit, he loved Alex.

Alex stroked his own cock. "You see this?"

Oh, no. You’re not going to get me with that. He kept his eyes trained on the glittering green above him.

Alex smiled his understanding. "You can look."

He glanced down at the stiff erection then right back up to his partner’s eyes.

"You know when that happened?"

Mulder shook his head.

"It happened the second I woke up and felt your arms around me. I need to do something about this...uh...allow me to rephrase... you need to do something about this."

He decided to play it out. "But Alex..."

"But Alex, what?"

Mulder gave him his best pathetic look. "I’m so tired."

Alex shook away a smile. "Yeah?"

Slow nod.

He pitched forward to drop a flutter of tiny kisses along Fox’s jaw. "My poor lisa. Well. This does pose a problem. How do you propose we solve it?"

"Cold shower?"

"I don’t think so."

"Then what do you suggest?"

"I suggest fucking you till I can’t fuck you anymore."

"I don’t know..."

"I do." He hooked his hands under Mulder’s knees, pulling him forward and into position.

"I don’t get a say in this?"

Alex’s eyes burned into his. "No." He grasped his cock by the base and guided it, unlubricated, to the small opening.

Mulder bit his bottom lip and waited.

"Don’t take your eyes off of me..."

Alex grasped his hips and pulled as he pushed forward. Mulder gasped out loud and his formerly flaccid cock began to harden.

"Thought you were tired," Alex whispered as he pumped slowly into the tight heat.

"I am."

"Apparently your cock doesn’t know..." He thrust a little harder.

Sharp groan and a rough whisper. "It just really likes you."

Alex gingerly wrapped his fingers around it. "Yeah?"

"Oh, yeah." Mulder’s back arched as Alex’s hand moved up and down on him. "Uhhhhhhh.... Alex...." As his eyelids began to droop, the low demanding voice drifted down to him.

"Look at me." He removed his hand from his lover’s now completely-hardened cock and used two fingers to point to his eyes. "I want you right here when you come." He returned his hand and began to stroke faster.

"What...oh God...what makes you...think that I’m go...going to?"

"Of course you will," he promised breathlessly. "You have to, don’t you? You can’t get enough. I’ll finish you now, and you’ll be ready for me again by lunch time."

"It is lunch time."

"You’re a fucking wise-ass, you know it? Someday I’m going to whip that ass..." He plunged deeper. "And I promise...you’re going to like it." He pumped harder and faster, his hand keeping time with his hips. The building pressure that started at the base of his spine and spread through his lower body drove him harder, still. Each word he uttered was accompanied by a brutal thrust. "Come…with...me..." The hand at Mulder’s hip left it to wind in his hair, holding his head immobile. He stayed fixed on the glazed hazel eyes before him, refusing to let them close or turn away.

"Alex...I’m..." Mulder’s next words stretched into long, unintelligible gasping sobs. Alex immediately followed, adding his own hoarse cries. He collapsed onto the older man’s heaving chest and lay there for a while, listening to his lover’s occasional moans of contentment. When he’d gathered enough strength, he rolled onto the mattress and tucked an arm around the unconscious man. A gentle brush of his lips against the relaxed jaw and he drifted into sleep.

7:38 p.m.

Alex opened his eyes slowly. He blinked, closed them then opened them again.

What the...

Candles. Dozens of lit candles all over the room in various shapes and sizes.

His eyes flicked back and forth around the room until he found what he was looking for.

Mulder walked over to the bed and leaned against one of the posts at the end. The candlelight shimmered around him, highlighting and shadowing his features.

"About time," he said softly.

"How long have you been up?" Alex asked, noting that he was dressed.

"Hour and a half or so."

Green eyes slid appreciatively over the man before them. Black pants. Black silk shirt, three buttons undone. Fox knew that he loved him in black. Hair, carelessly sexy and a day’s growth of stubble, yet to be removed. He was up to no good.

"What’s with all the candles?"

"Atmosphere."

One corner of his mouth slanted upward. "For?"

Mulder motioned with a flick of his head to the table at the other end of the room. It was set for two, silver and crystal gleaming in the yellow flickering light.

"Dinner in our room, huh?"

Mulder nodded then pushed away from the bed. "Come with me."

Alex got out of bed and followed him to the bathroom, also lit with candles. He turned curious eyes to Mulder who was busy rolling up his sleeves.

"Time for your bath."

"My...bath?"

"Mmm hmm." He motioned to the full tub.

Alex felt his cock stir. "Let...let me get this straight. You’re going to give me a bath?"

"Any objections?"

Alex cleared his throat and answered in a small voice. "No..."

"Good. Get in the tub. I’ll be right back."

Alex stepped into the cavernous claw-foot tub and sank up to his neck in suds. Seconds after he heard the soft music start, Fox reappeared and sat in the chair he’d placed beside the tub. He reached for the sponge and, dipping it into the water, began to move it across Alex’s chest and shoulders. Alex’s eyes rolled upward and his lids slid shut.

"Mmmm..."

"You like that?"

"Yes." He was so far gone, Fox could have been using twenty grit sandpaper and it would have felt just as good.

As Mulder continued with his thorough ministrations, Alex sat quietly in his warm, wet heaven, wondering how the bloody hell an existence as cursed as his had been, could turn into something so beautiful.

"What are you thinking about?"

He opened his eyes. "Hmm?"

"You look deep in thought."

"I was just thinking..." he raised a soapy hand to Mulder’s face and traced a line down his jaw with his knuckles. "...how my life has gone from hell to this...and how thankful I am to have you." He smiled and shook his head. "I never dreamed that you could ever be anything more than an unreachable fantasy. You got me through a lot of bad shit, you know."

Mulder cocked his head.

"Thoughts of you, I mean. Any time I was in a tight spot, sometimes in a shitload of pain and it looked like I wasn’t going to be able to get out of it, I’d retreat into myself. Far away from the dirt and the slime and the hurt. I’d go to where I could always find you. In the deepest, most protected part of my soul. The one tiny little part I’d never let them take away from me. And you’d be there waiting, smiling...and I’d go to you. Kiss you. Love you... talk to you."

Mulder’s hand stilled and he listened to the surprising admission in silence.

Alex stopped, taking note of his expression. "Are you shocked?"

"I wouldn’t say shocked..."

"I told you I’d wanted you for a long time. That was the only way I ever thought I could have you. And you’d do exactly what I wanted. Be exactly what I wanted."

"Real life seldom measures up to our fantasies. How far off am I from what you wanted me to be?"

Alex turned to look at him head on. "You’re more than I could have hoped for. Christ, you’re so much more. More vulnerable, much more complex and far more open and talkative than I thought you’d be. I thought I had a pretty damn good imagination but you’re definitely hotter...I never could have imagined all those pretty little sounds you make when we’re..."

Mulder interrupted him. "What’s all this about talking?"

"Talking?"

"Yeah. You’ve mentioned it twice."

"Oh. Well...it’s been literally years since I’ve had an actual conversation with someone. I thought I might have forgotten how. Nobody I worked for or with ever wanted to talk to me and I gotta say, I wasn’t really too into talking to them either but...I was starved for conversation. My fantasy Fox filled that need for me..." His eyes closed and a soft smile crossed his lips. "That and a few other needs..."

Mulder’s hand began to move again, sinking lower into the water, caressing and stroking. As he moved to Alex’s thigh, the back of his hand brushed a smooth hardness. He smiled but ignored it, instead working all around it.

Alex tipped his head back and groaned softly. He reopened his eyes and raked them over the upper body of his lover. "You should take that off."

"What?"

"That shirt. It might get wet."

"Not if you hold still and don’t splash."

"Come on, take it off."

"Nope."

Alex smirked and brought his hand up out of the water. He flicked the drops from his fingers, directly at Mulder’s chest.

"Bastard."

"Take it off."

"No."

More drops.

"You’re going to ruin this shirt."

"I’ll get you a new one tomorrow. Take it off."

"You’re not getting me into this tub with you, Alex."

"Did I say anything about that? I just prefer that my bath boys be bare-chested, that’s all..."

"S’cuse me...bath boys?"

"Figure of speech."

"It’d better be."

Alex rose a little higher in the tub and leaned to the side, pressing his lips against Mulder’s. "You know it is." He kissed him again, and busied his hands, unbuttoning the shirt.

Mulder moaned against his lips in protest. "Alex..."

"Shut up." Mulder complied and he chuckled. "Just your shirt, okay? I promise."

"I think," Mulder murmured softly, removing his shirt, "that it’s a very bad thing that I can’t seem to be able to say no to you."

"Funny, I think it’s a pretty good thing." He scattered a few heated kisses over the surface of the older man’s chest. "I’ll never ask you to do anything illegal....well....you know, not too illegal..." His lips captured a hard nipple and pulled gently.

"God Alex, you’re killin’ me. Come on now, this isn’t how this is supposed to go."

Alex released the nipple and sat back. "Okay, I’m sorry. I promise, I’ll be a good boy."

"Yeah, why don’t you just promise world peace while you’re at it?"

Alex closed his eyes and grinned. "You may continue."

"Gee. Can I? Thanks."

Fifteen minutes and a whole lot of teasing later, he made the announcement. "All done."

"You sure?"

"Didn’t miss a spot."

"Oh yeah, you did..."

One corner of Mulder’s mouth slanted upward. "Really? Where?"

Alex pouted. "You know where."

"Okay, but no funny business."

"Scouts honor."

The sponge dipped back into the water, sliding up one thigh. Mulder’s other hand joined the one holding the sponge and gently lifted Alex’s aching balls to wash the area underneath. Alex gritted his teeth, trying unsuccessfully not to make a sound.

Mulder released him and ran the sponge up and around the sac again and again before proceeding up to his cock. Alex flinched when finally, he reached the base and stroked upward along the solid length. When he reached the tip, Mulder caressed down the other side, skimming the back of his hand along the sensitive skin on Alex’s belly. When he again reached the base, he closed his hand into a fist, wrapping the sponge around Alex and drawing it up slowly.

"Oh God..."

"What is it, baby?" Fox whispered, so very close to his ear.

"Finish me."

"No, no, no."

"Come on," Alex whined. "You know I’ll be good to go again by the time dinner is through."

"Yeah, I believe you. But, I want you desperate."

Long sigh. "Well, that’s just wrong."

"Depends on which side of the sponge you’re on."

"Evil..."

"No. I just like when you’re out of control."

Alex’s eyes turned dark. "Be careful what you wish for..."

Mulder stared intently at him, doing that insanity inspiring thing that he did with his mouth. He rose from the chair and moved away, calling over his shoulder. "Get out of the tub."

Alex hesitated for a moment, drumming his fingers on the edge of the tub then got up and out. A thick towel came around him from behind and warm, sweet breath fanned his cheek as Mulder dried him gently. He worked slowly, methodically, moving down his lover’s body, paying loving attention to his cock and balls.

Alex placed both hands on Mulder’s head and kneaded gently. "Hey, uh...while you’re down there..."

"I do admire your tenacity." Mulder kissed the tip of Alex’s cock, then stood up. "All done."

"Sadistic son of a bitch."

"But you love me."

Alex trailed his fingers through the hairs on Mulder’s chest. "And I love you."

Mulder rewarded his statement with a deep, heart-stopping kiss. Seconds later, he broke away, leaving Alex panting and flushed.

"Let’s go get dressed."

Alex followed him into the bedroom and waited while he opened the closet door and looked inside. He selected a dark tan pair of pants, an ivory shirt and the brown slip-on shoes. He turned to Alex and raised an eyebrow. "Well. I was going to tell you to drop the towel but...never mind."

Alex smirked, totally unselfconscious about his present state of undress.

Mulder laid the clothes across the bed and crossed over to the highboy. He pulled out a pair of brown silk underwear and returned. Alex reached for the underwear but he snapped it away. Alex heaved an exasperated sigh.

"What?" He smiled, noting the gleam in his lover’s eye. "You’re going to dress me?"

Mulder bent over in front of him and let him step into the shorts then slowly slid them up his legs. Just before he brought them up all the way, his tongue slithered out and licked its way up the underside of Alex’s cock. He smiled at the coarse groan.

Once he had the underwear in place, he snatched the pants off of the bed and dropped the shoes to the floor in front of Alex. He slipped the pants up over the muscular thighs, brushing his cheek against the silk covered hardness between them.

"Fox..."

Mulder ignored him, zipping and buttoning. When he had it done, he snapped his fingers. "Oh...wait. Gotta tuck your shirt in first." He undid the button, then dragged the zipper back down slowly, taking care to brush his knuckles firmly against the bulge underneath. He looked up through the golden-brown fringe of lashes at the contorted face of his lover and smiled. He picked the shirt up and held it up as Alex shrugged into it. He began at the bottom button, moving slowly and deliberately upward. When he’d made it to the third button from the bottom, their eyes met. Mulder stopped and ran the back of one finger up and down his chest. Alex grasped his hand and brought it up to his mouth. He took the finger between his lips and, never taking his eyes off of his Fox, sucked it into the warm recesses of his mouth. Mulder gritted his teeth and winced.

Alex let the finger go and moved forward until their bodies were touching. He raised a hand to Mulder’s bare shoulder and stroked downward. When he reached the other man’s hand, he curled his fingers around it and leaned in close to his ear.

"Come on, lisa. What do you say we take the edge off?"

Mulder chewed on the inside corner of his lip and said nothing.

Alex’s other hand slipped down to his crotch. "You’re just as hard as I am. You want me. Don’t you?"

Mulder paused then whispered, "You know I do."

"Then why torture us both? I want to feel you inside me so bad, I can taste it." He tugged gently on Mulder’s hand. "Do me, baby. I need you. Please..."

Just as Mulder was about to give in, there was a soft knock on the door. Mulder tore his eyes away from his lover’s, breaking the spell. He cleared his throat and answered the knock.

"Yes, Marie?"

"Dinner in ten minutes?"

"That’s good. Just bring it up when it’s ready. Thanks, Marie."

He looked back to Alex. The heat blazing in the younger man’s eyes hadn’t diminished. He finished buttoning the shirt and, tucking it into his pants, kissed him softly.

"Saved by the bell."

"Uh huh. So we’ll have dinner first." Mulder moved toward the closet for another shirt and Alex grabbed his arm, roughly pulling him back. "But just so you know? You are my dessert and I’ve got a vicious sweet tooth."

Mulder speared a hand through Alex’s hair and pulled him close. His mouth brushed the other before covering it in a long, gentle kiss. He pulled away then returned with two tiny kisses, before again moving toward the closet.

Alex stepped into his shoes and watched as he pulled the only other black shirt out and put it on. He turned around and smiled as he tucked it in. "I like the feel of the other one better, but this’ll do for now."

"We can go look for another one tomorrow, okay?"

Mulder nodded and moved toward the knock at the door. He swung it open and allowed Marie to enter, carrying a large tray. She set it down beside the table and gave both men the once over.

"Aren’t you two looking handsome this evenin’? Must be a special night," she said, regarding Mulder. "You look happier than I’ve seen you in the past month. Those eyes are sparklin’ like emeralds."

"Not much gets by you, does it Marie?"

"I got children, darlin’. I knew from their eyes exactly what they were feelin’." She squinted at him. "And I know that look." She smiled knowingly and flounced out of the room. "Have a lovely evenin’, children."

The door closed soundlessly behind her and they were alone again.

"Is it that obvious," Mulder began, "or is she really just that good?"

"I don’t know," Alex approached. "You look much better to me, but I’m on the inside, you know? It’s my business to notice things like that." He stopped just inches in front of his partner and spoke softly. "From yesterday to today, your color has improved. That dull film that always seemed to be there in your eyes, no matter how much fun we seemed to be having...that’s gone. Your movements are much more relaxed and you look about ten years younger." He smiled and ran the back of his hand down Mulder’s cheek. "It’s amazing."

"You’re amazing. You’ve been so good to me through all of this."

Alex wrapped him securely in his arms. "I’d go to hell and back for you. You must know that by now."

Mulder tightened his arms around his lover and buried his face in the curve between his neck and shoulder. He inhaled the clean, male scent, letting it swirl seductively through his senses.

"I love you, Alex."

Alex’s brow creased and he pulled Fox tighter to him. "Every time you say that," he murmured, "it’s like I’m hearing it for the first time."

They stood, wrapped around each other for long seconds. Mulder was first to pull away. "Come on," he said gently. "Let’s eat." Alex nodded and let himself be led to the table.

Dinner was a study in seduction. Long glances, full of meaning. Every body movement designed to attract and entice, conveying the promise of a night so deeply intimate, a worded description was pointless.

Halfway through the meal, Mulder interrupted his lover’s lascivious thoughts with a totally unrelated subject.

"You know what I was just thinking?"

"Did it have anything to do with me licking raspberry sauce off of you?"

Mulder’s cock jumped within the confines of his pants. "No."

"Then I have no idea."

"Christmas is in five days."

"So it is. I’d suggest that we do a little decorating but somehow I doubt that we’d find a Christmas tree anywhere on this island."

"We can still decorate. Let’s go shopping tomorrow and see what we can find."

"Okay. Gotta look for your present anyway..."

"No. Oh, no you don’t. This trip should cover Christmas, my birthday and any other gift giving holiday for the next fifteen years."

"Don’t bother to fight me on this one, Fox. You will lose. Besides, this trip wasn’t a gift. It was necessary. To your physical and emotional health. It was necessary for me to try and repair the damage that I’d done to you."

Mulder had learned quickly that arguing with Alex about this subject was futile. He reached across the short distance and covered the younger man’s hand.

"You can stop driving yourself crazy, now. I feel more at peace today than I have in a long, long time. More complete than I ever have. You did that."

Alex turned his hand palm up and grasped Fox’s hand. He brought it up to his lips then held it to his cheek. His eyes glowed softly in the candlelight.

"My beautiful Fox."

Mulder felt that familiar lethargy invading his body. Desire weighed heavy on his eyelids...his limbs. Somehow he managed to pull himself out of his chair and traverse the few feet to where Alex still sat.

The seated man pulled his chair away from the table and started to rise, but was halted by a hand on his shoulder. Mulder moved in front of him and straddling his thighs, lowered himself onto Alex’s lap. Alex’s hands immediately rose to caress his back. Mulder’s fingers wove through the thick fringe of hair at the back of his neck and slowly inclined his head, capturing his lips in a sweet, agonizingly tender kiss.

They went on that way for an eternity it seemed, their mouths separating only to be rejoined an instant later, tongues searching, stroking...teasing mercilessly.

When Mulder pulled away, he did so only within a fraction of Alex’s lips. His tongue slid out of his open mouth and began to lap delicately at his lover’s swollen bottom lip. He could feel Alex’s rock-solid erection spasm against his crotch. He rocked gently against it as he continued to lick Alex’s lips.

A low rumble formed deep in Alex’s chest. "Do you have any idea what you’re doing to me?"

"Driving you crazy, if I’m doing it right."

"God yes, you’re doing it right. I’d say you’ve only got a few seconds before I throw you down on the floor..."

"Uh-uh. We’re going to do this my way." He started undoing the buttons on Alex’s shirt one by one, licking and nuzzling each patch of newly exposed skin along the way.

The grate of stubble against the more sensitive skin of Alex’s chest, drew a sharp groan from him. Mulder looked up, concerned.

"Does that bother you?"

"No," he said quickly. "No...don’t...don’t you stop..."

Fox continued his journey south and when he could bend no lower, got down on his knees and spread Alex’s legs. He moved between them and finished the buttons. When the shirt was pulled from Alex’s pants and lay completely open, he licked a long continuous trail back up to his lover’s mouth and planted a teasing kiss there. He slid back down to his knees and started working on the pants. He got the belt undone, then the button and finally the zipper. His lips brushed the silk-covered bulge and he listened to Alex’s sharp intake of breath.

"Oh God, baby..."

Mulder smiled and gently clamping his teeth onto his lover’s cock, pulled at it.

Alex emitted a loud gasp and sank down in the chair.

So this was how he was going to die.

Half naked, in a chair, in a bedroom of a rented house in the Bahamas, with his lover nibbling at his cock through a pair of silk boxer shorts.

Nice.

The tapping of Fox’s hand against his thigh brought him back.

"Lift up a little."

Alex complied, lifting himself a few inches off the chair so that his tormentor could slip his pants and underwear off.

Mulder discarded the clothing and his shoes, then spread his legs again and moved between them.

Alex looked down at him through glazed eyes. He laid a hand on Fox’s cheek and swept his thumb back and forth over the bone. And waited.

Mulder smiled and lowered his head.

Alex’s head fell back and his hips thrust upward as he felt the warm, moist tongue on him, licking every inch of his cock.

"Fox...mmph...baby, don’t...oh Jesus....Jesus..."

Mulder lifted his head, knowing full well that Alex was teetering right on the edge.

"Fox, please!"

"Sshhh. Calm down..."

"But..."

"I know. I know you’re close." He kissed the inside of Alex’s thigh. "Look at me, Alexei."

Alex opened his eyes and tried to focus on the man kneeling before him.

"Hang on, okay? I want you inside me when you come."

Alex swallowed past the huge lump that had formed in his throat. "I’ll try, baby."

Mulder smiled seductively up at him. "Just relax." His fingers massaged his lover’s thighs. "We’re going to come together....soon." He stood up and moved to the back of the chair, lovingly stroking his lover’s hair. "Close your eyes."

Alex did as he asked and attempted to breathe evenly. The hands in his hair felt so good...so soothing. He let out a long sigh.

"That’s it. Calm. Slow..." One hand left his head but the other remained, petting and massaging. "Better now?"

Alex nodded slowly.

"Good."

There was the sound of metal, at first clinking, then a soft grinding and Alex felt his lover moving behind him. The next sound he heard was that of material hitting the carpet.

The missing hand returned, this time resting on his right shoulder. The other hand dropped from his hair to his left shoulder and massaged slowly.

"Mmmm, that’s good."

Mulder worked silently, efficiently. When Alex’s knotted muscles began to loosen, he stopped and moved to the side of the chair.

"Open your eyes."

Alex’s eyelids slid open and he looked to his right.

So much for calm.

A swollen cock bobbed invitingly below his face. His hand went to it immediately, grasping it at the base. He bent over and took the tip into his mouth, dragging a soft moan from Mulder. He opened his throat and swallowed the entire length of it.

Mulder’s eyes rolled up into his head and he gripped handfuls of dark hair.

The blood roared through Alex’s veins once again as he sucked hungrily at his lover. He moaned his protest as the hands in his hair began to pull his head up and away. He opened his eyes and met the amber-flecked gaze of his Fox.

"Sorry," Mulder panted. "Had to stop you." He straddled Alex once again and sat down. Two rigid cocks bobbed and bumped against each other. Mulder pitched forward for better contact.

Alex threw his head back and blew out a heavy breath.

Mulder leaned all the way forward until his chest was resting against Alex’s. "Does that feel good, Alex?" He rocked his hips back and forth. "Does it?"

Alex gritted his teeth. "Yes..."

The older man leaned back, breaking off a good portion of the contact. "Alex."

"Hmm."

"Take off my shirt."

Alex forced his eyes to open as he reached for the first button of his partner’s shirt. Mulder stroked both cocks ever so gently, together in one hand as Alex fumbled with the button. His hands shook so much, it was nearly impossible for him to get the small disk through the hole.

With the first button finally undone, he reached for the second. Mulder squeezed them together in his hand and Alex nearly lost it. He stopped struggling with the button and issued a loud groan.

"Come on, Alex. Take off my shirt and you can have me..."

Short, fast breaths came from the open mouth as Alex resumed his fight with the second button. "Fox," he stammered. "I can’t. I...my hands are shaking too much..."

"No shirt, no Fox," he warned in a low teasing voice.

Alex grimaced and tried again. Finally, he’d had enough.

"Fuck!"

With little more than a deep growl, he grasped the shirt and yanked it apart, sending buttons flying everywhere. He pulled it from Mulder’s body and threw it to the floor. "There you go," he whispered roughly. "It’s off."

"That’s the second shirt you’ve ruined..."

Alex reached down swiping away the fluid that leaked from the tip of Mulder’s cock and used it and his own, to lube himself. "Fuck the shirts." He lifted Mulder and slouched down a bit. When the older man was again lowered, he gasped. A hot, hard presence had made itself known just behind him. It pressed urgently against his ass. He locked eyes with the man underneath him.

"I can’t stand it anymore, Fox. Come on..."

Still held by his lover’s eyes, Mulder lifted himself a bit. Alex grasped his own cock by the base and guided it to the small opening. Mulder lowered himself slowly, wincing as he felt every inch of the thick shaft work its way up into him.

Alex removed his hand and pushed as he pulled Mulder’s hips down, insuring that he was as far inside of his lover as he could get. He held on to the lean hips, not moving a muscle. His eyes closed and he fought to regain his composure.

Mulder understood and remained still, taking the opportunity the study the taut face in front of him.

So different from his own. Rounder. Less angular. Long, thick eyelashes. Dark. Tempting, bow-shaped mouth. Definitely a nicer nose than his own....a beautiful face, almost angelic in repose. Downright malevolent when he was angered. Completely changeable. Utterly fascinating...always gorgeous.

The green eyes opened and looked up into his face. They flicked back and forth, searching his expression.

"What is it?" Alex whispered.

Mulder smiled serenely. "I love you."

Alex’s heart leapt in his chest. He wrapped his arms around Mulder’s back and pulled him down for a lingering kiss. He began to move beneath him, thrusting carefully.

Mulder moaned into that beautiful bow-shaped mouth and moved with him. He felt Alex’s hands on his chest, pushing him away, urging him into a straight sitting position.

"I want to look at you," Alex said softly, caressing his chest. "You’re so beautiful when I’m fucking you..."

"Christ, Alex..." Mulder moved with him, establishing a perfect rhythm.

"Remember..." Alex grimaced, thrusting deeply. "Remember when I told you once, that I could make you come twenty times a day, just to see the look on your face?"

Mulder smiled and closed his eyes briefly.

Alex grinned up at him. "I’d like to see how close to that number we can come."

Mulder’s laugh ended on a faint moan. "I don’t think we’ll come too close today."

"Mmmm....I know....maybe we can start early tomorrow..."

"Alex."

"Hmm?"

He grasped one of the hands that still stroked his chest and placed it over his straining erection. "Make me come."

Alex’s fingers closed around him. "With pleasure, lisa."

Mulder’s head fell back and a long groan slipped past his lips as his lover’s hand expertly milked his cock. He gripped Alex’s shoulders and ground his ass into the younger man’s groin, tightening his muscles.

"Aww, baby..." Alex grated, "God, that’s good..." He pumped Mulder’s cock faster. "Come on, beautiful...come with me..."

Mulder began to rock frantically against his lover. "Alex...I’m...it’s coming..."

"Let it. I’m with you. I’m with...you...."

Two bodies, drenched in sweat, thrashed against each other, giving in to the storm that overtook them. Two voices combined, doubling the deafening cries that emanated from constricted throats. Two hearts stopped then started again, beating triple-time as lovers clung shuddering, to each other.

They remained connected for a time, neither man possessing the strength necessary to move. Mulder trembled in Alex’s arms, his head resting heavily against the younger man’s shoulder.

Alex’s dark head lay against the perspiration dampened, golden-brown silk to his right. His chest heaved in an effort to drag air into his lungs. When he’d successfully managed to gain some control of his body, he moved a hand, sweeping it up and down his Fox’s slick back.

"I think I’m dead..." He kissed the side of Mulder’s head. "You’re incredible, you know that?"

Mulder sighed and snuggled against Alex’s shoulder. "We’re incredible."

Alex hugged him. "I’ll buy that." He pulled Mulder’s head back and kissed him again and again. "How about a nice warm shower?"

Mulder traced the line of his jaw with the tip of one finger. "Sounds good...if I can stand up long enough, that is."

"Want a few more minutes?"

"I think I need a few more minutes."

Alex pulled him closer. "Okay. Just rest." He kissed Mulder’s bare shoulder. The taste of salt was strong on his lips. "Mmmm." He opened his mouth and slid it along the smooth skin, licking at the quickly drying sheen of moisture. "You taste good."

Mulder moaned softly into Alex’s neck as he continued to bathe his lover’s shoulder.

"Umm," He disengaged himself and stood on shaky legs. "Let’s take that shower, now."

Alex looked up at him. "You okay?"

Mulder gave him a soft smile and nodded. "Let’s go."

They linked fingers and moved slowly toward the bathroom. Once in the shower, they washed each other gently, rinsed and dried off, then fell into bed. Alex curled himself tightly around Fox and almost immediately, they fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

Saturday, 11:32 a.m.

Mulder shifted the two bags he carried to his left hand. "We got some pretty neat stuff, huh?"

Alex chuckled. It’s certainly different from any Christmas ornaments I can remember."

"Me too. I think that’s what I like best about them. No reminders of my childhood."

They walked in silence for a few moments, then Mulder spoke up again. "Think Scully’ll like her gift?"

Alex shrugged. "I think so, but what do I know? You’ve got a much better idea about that than I do." he swung the three bags he carried. "Let’s dump this stuff in the car, okay? I’m getting pretty sick of lugging them around."

With the bags safely stored in the small trunk of the car, they returned to the middle of the shopping center.

"Okay," Alex announced, checking his watch. "How about we split up for an hour, then meet back here and go have some lunch?"

"Sounds good. I’m a little hungry now, I should be starving by then." He leaned across the short distance and gave Alex a quick peck on the mouth. "See you in an hour."

Alex smiled, pleasantly surprised at Fox’s public display of affection. He stood watching his lover as he walked away, momentarily taken with the beauty of his lean frame as it moved smoothly through the sparse crowd. The increasing tightness in his pants snapped him out of his trance. "Ah, shit." He smiled, rolled his eyes up and strolled in the opposite direction.

12:01 p.m.

Mulder walked the narrow path, wandering by shop after shop. What the hell was he going to buy? He’d never shopped for a man before, not even his father. His mother always handled things like that.

Hell, this should be easy but if anything, it was somehow harder. Maybe it was because Alex was his lover. He sure as hell couldn’t just pick up the first nail gun that caught his eye...it had to be a meaningful gift. But what was he supposed to get that was masculine and sentimental? The two just didn’t seem to go together.

He stopped in front of the jewelry store where they had bought Scully’s bracelet.

Hmm. That watch of his looks pretty old...

While he stood contemplating, an odd feeling came over him. Not terribly strong, but it was there. Someone was watching him. Not Alex, he knew very well what that felt like and this was not it. He searched the reflections in the window in front of him but detected nothing out of the ordinary. He shrugged the sensation off and entered the store.

"Hello again!" The salesman smiled. "Something else you need?"

Mulder returned the smile. "Yeah, I’d like to see some watches."

"For a lady or gentleman?"

"A man’s watch."

"For yourself?"

"No uh...it’s a gift...for the man I was in here with earlier...these are nice." He pointed to a grouping of Movados.

"Any of the six would be an excellent choice. Which do you prefer?"

Mulder studied the watches then pointed. "That one."

The salesman opened the case and presented the watch for inspection. As he rattled on about its features, Mulder began to frown. There was that feeling again...

"It’s very handsome but I think you’d look better in gold."

Mulder’s head snapped around and met the brown gaze of the man behind him.

"Thanks for your opinion but it’s not for me."

The man smiled. "I see."

Two words. Yet they felt like ants crawling straight up his spine. He turned without another word and attempted to pick up his conversation with the salesman.

"So you said that it’s waterproof up to ninety nine feet?"

"Yes sir."

"It’s a nice little piece of machinery. Lucky guy...your dad, is it?"

Mulder’s irritation began to show. "If you don’t mind..."

"I’m sorry. I’ll let you shop in peace."

The man sauntered quietly to the door and disappeared onto the street.

Mulder turned back to the man behind the counter. "I’m going to take it. Do you engrave?"

"Yes sir! I can have it done for you by tomorrow if you like."

"That’d be great."

"How would you like it to read?"

Mulder paused, not knowing exactly what to say. He wanted it to mean something but was afraid of getting too mushy. A thought and a smile came to his lips.

Ah, what the hell?

"I’d like it to read, ‘My heart’s deepest secret. I love you. Lisa’."

They reviewed the spelling and type of script. When it was exactly how Mulder wanted it, he pulled his credit card out and handed it to the salesman.

"Will that be all now, sir?"

Mulder was about to say yes, when something else caught his eye. "Uh, hang on." He walked over to another case and chose a small pair of silver, wide-band hoop earrings. "I’ll take those."

When he’d completed his business, he left the shop and started off down the street. A few yards away, a voice brought him to a halt.

"So...did you get it?" His skin began to crawl.

"What is it that you want?"

"Just looking for a friend."

Mulder twisted his lip and looked away. Before he could give one of his patented Mulder responses, he was knocked off balance.

"You’ve got a very nice mouth."

Mulder stared, shaken.

"It’s sexy."

What the fuck?

"Have lunch with me."

Mulder gave himself a shake.

Jesus Christ, the man was hitting on him.

Completely at a loss for words, he just stood and continued to stare. He blinked as the man waved a hand in front of his face.

"You in there?"

Mulder found his voice. "Look...I don’t know what you think..."

"I think you’re a very handsome man and that I’d like to get to know you. Nothing menacing in that..."

Sure there was. Plenty.

Alex stepped out of a small shop and scanned the street. Catching sight of Fox not more than ten yards away, he began to smile, but it soon faded as he observed the expression on his face. Something wasn’t right. His eyes flicked to Fox’s immediate left and narrowed on the man who was talking to him. Average height. Decent build. Brown hair. Tanned. Lascivious grin plastered to his face. The muscle in Alex’s jaw clenched.

Mulder shook his head almost imperceptibly as the man continued his attempt.

"Come on, just a little bite to eat." He moved closer and ran a finger lightly down Mulder’s arm. "And then...a little bite to eat..."

Mulder flinched and pulled away.

The man’s smile grew wider. "Come on now, handsome. I wouldn’t hurt a hair on that pretty head..."

"Touch him again and I’ll hurt yours...bad."

Alex walked up behind the man and passed him on his right. He came to stand next to Mulder and fixed an icy stare on the man in front of them.

The man looked him up and down and smiled. "I didn’t mean any harm. I’m here alone and I’d just like to make some friends. I was inviting your friend here to have lunch with me, not realizing that he wasn’t alone. No matter. How about all three of us get together?"

"Let’s not and say we did." He looked to Mulder, who stood quietly, looking rather pale. He placed a hand at the small of his back. "You okay?"

Mulder nodded.

"Let’s go," he said softly. He shot the man a warning look and turned Mulder away.

"Get used to it," the man’s voice trailed after them.

As they walked toward the restaurant that they’d decided earlier to have lunch at, Alex broke the silence. "Where’d he come from?"

"I don’t know. I...I felt like I was being watched earlier, and when I was in a store, he was there behind me and tried to strike up a conversation. I managed to get rid of him, but when I left the store, he was there again...Alex, I’ve never been hit on by a man in my life. Why now? Is there some kind of sign on me now that only gay men can see?"

"Would you believe me if I said yes?"

Mulder cast a sideways glance at him.

"It’s a phenomenon. I wish I could explain it. I think it comes with time and experience. I could look into this crowd and pick out every gay man here."

"But what is it? Is it a look? The way a person moves? And if it is, have I changed in any of those ways?"

"You’re the same man you’ve always been. You don’t look or act any differently than you did a year ago."

"Then...how?"

Alex shrugged. "I don’t know. But I do know about people like that guy. He’s a predator. He spends his time in places like this, trolling for innocent, unsuspecting young men. And he’ll find one. Maybe two. He’ll use 'em. He’ll ruin 'em...then he’ll move on to the next." He shrugged. "No different than the men who prey on women or kids."

"I’m not a kid, Alex. Yet I was completely stunned. I didn’t know what the hell to do."

"You don’t have to be a kid to be innocent. And you are. In as far as this life goes. Creeps like him can smell that a mile away."

They arrived at the restaurant and were seated at an outdoor table. Alex took the seat right beside Mulder, sensing the other man’s remaining insecurity. Their knees touched lightly and he covered Mulder’s hand with his own.

"You’re still pretty shook up, aren’t you?"

"I feel stupid."

"Why?"

"It’s just that...I’d never been attracted to a man before in my life. Never gave it a thought till I met you. And even now...I can’t even say that since we’ve been together, I’ve looked at a man and thought that he was attractive. It’s just you, Alex. The thought of another man touching me makes me cringe."

Alex smiled and squeezed his hand. "I can’t say that I’m sorry to hear that."

"But...what does that make me? I mean, if you’re gay, you’re attracted to men in general, right?"

"Yeah..."

"So were does that leave me?"

"I don’t know. Is it really so important for you to categorize yourself?"

"No...I guess not. It’s just got me curious."

Alex smirked at him. "You always have been in a class by yourself...no sense in changing things now."

Mulder looked down and smiled. A loosely closed fist came up under his chin and tapped gently. "Feel any better?"

He looked up. "Yeah." He started to chuckle. "You were pretty upset."

"When?"

"When you were walking toward us and that guy touched my arm."

Alex raised an eyebrow. "Damn straight. Nobody paws you but me."

Mulder gave him a smoky grin. "That sounds just a little possessive."

Alex leaned forward until their lips were almost touching. "Yup. You uh, got a problem with that?"

The tip of Mulder’s tongue crept out and slid along Alex’s bottom lip. "Nope."

"Good." He pressed forward, joining their mouths for a brief but thorough kiss.

They spent over an hour, having a leisurely lunch and talking about nothing in particular. On the way back to the car, Mulder looked down at all the bags Alex was carrying.

"What’s all that?"

"Never mind."

"Come on..."

"You’ll find out."

"That’s an evil grin."

"You think?"

"Alex..."

"What?"

"What did you do?"

"Only one bag contains your Christmas present. The rest of this stuff is for us and that’s all I’m going to say."

"Fine. I can wait."

"You’re going to have to."

When they reached the car, Alex put the bags into the trunk and they were on their way.

Halfway back to the house, Mulder turned to him and began to stare. He glanced over and smiled.

"What are you doing?"

"How come I’ve never seen you with an earring?"

Alex smiled and frowned at the same time. "Where’d that come from?"

"Your ears are pierced. How come you don’t wear any earrings?"

"God, I had that done ages ago. I’d wear one, sometimes both when I went out but it’s been a while."

"How come?"

He shrugged. "No reason. I just don’t think about it, I guess."

"The holes still look open."

"Yeah...what’s this fascination with my ears all of a sudden?"

Mulder smiled and reached into the small bag he’d kept with him. He opened the small black velvet box and pulled out one of the two silver earrings and held it up on the tip of his finger. Alex grinned.

"That for me?"

"Uh huh. Do you mind?"

"No. Whatever turns you on."

As Alex drove, Mulder worked one silver hoop into the hole in his ear then leaned back and looked at him. The corner of Alex’s mouth tilted upward as he glanced at himself in the rearview. He reached across the seat and stroked his partner’s cheek.

"Thank you...so...do you like it?"

Mulder nodded slowly. "It’s sexy." He moved in and whispered against Alex’s ear. "Cause you know, you weren’t sexy enough." The tip of his tongue tickled the sensitive interior.

Alex tipped his head into the caress. "Come on, now. Behave yourself."

Mulder pulled away and sat heavily in his seat. "All right..."

"Just till we get back to the house. Then you can be as bad as you want."

"I don’t think I’ll feel like it by then."

Alex shot him an amused look. "Oh, who do you think you’re kidding?"

Mulder changed the subject. "Did you have anything planned for tomorrow afternoon?"

"No..."

"I’ve got to go back into town for a little bit."

"Okay."

"Alone."

"Oh?"

"Yeah."

"Got a hot date with that guy?"

"You’re a real comedian."

"Well, why do you have to go alone?"

"To pick up your Christmas present if you must know."

Alex smiled. "Oh. What’d you get?"

Mulder quirked an eyebrow.

"What? I won’t tell anyone..."

"Alex?"

"Yeah?"

Mulder ran a hand lightly up and down Alex’s thigh. "Shut up and drive."

3:36 p.m.

Once their purchases were all put away, Mulder suggested a walk.

"But," Alex protested, winding his arms around his lover’s neck, "I thought you wanted to..."

Mulder silenced him with a kiss. "I do."

Alex drew back and studied him. A slow smile curved his lips. "Okay....let’s go."

4:14 p.m.

They walked along silently through the stretch of trees behind the property. Only the distant sound of the ocean and the occasional cry of a bird followed them. Every few feet, the sunlight broke through the canopy of green, glinting off of the silver of Alex’s new earring. Mulder inhaled deeply, imagining the combined feel of soft flesh and smooth metal in his mouth. The sound carried to Alex’s ear.

"You tired?"

"No...uh...yeah. Let’s stop for a minute?"

Mulder sat down on a nearby rock while Alex leaned back against a tree and looked around.

"I’m going to miss this place."

"We’ve got another month."

"I know but look how fast the last month has gone."

"True." Mulder’s gaze swept over the long frame draped casually against the tree. A small, thoroughly evil smile crossed his lips. "Alex."

Green eyes turned back to him. "Hmm?"

"Unbutton your shirt."

Alex cocked his head. "I’m sorry, what did you say?"

Mulder’s eyes darkened. "I said...unbutton your shirt."

"That’s what I thought you said."

"Do it."

Alex’s hands rose slowly to his shirt and began to undo the buttons, his eyes never leaving his lover’s face. When that was done, his hands fell away and he waited for further instruction.

"Your pants."

He looked down. "Yeah, they’re my pants. Or they could be yours....no, no, I’m pretty sure they’re mine..."

"Take them off, wise ass."

"Oh." He popped the button and worked the zipper down. He watched Mulder draw a deep breath and let it out slowly. He smiled and pulled the pants down past his knees then let them drop the rest of the way to the ground. He straightened his posture and stared at Mulder.

"Underwear too."

When the white boxer-briefs were also discarded, he leaned back again, against the tree, giving Mulder an enticing, unobstructed view of his most impressive erection.

Mulder chewed the inside corner of his lip. "Do something for me."

Alex waited quietly for him to voice his request.

"I want to watch you."

"Watch me what?"

"I want to watch you get yourself off."

"You do?"

Mulder nodded. "Go ahead, Alex. Touch yourself."

Alex’s eyes grew heavy as he brought his hand to his mouth. Slowly he licked his palm, then slid it down his chest, over his lean stomach and down to his twitching cock.

Mulder watched entranced, as Alex just barely skimmed the shaft again and again. His eyes were closed now, his head rolling forward then arching back against the trunk of the tree. His left hand flattened out beside his hip, his fingers flexing occasionally against the trunk. Mulder’s voice drifted to him.

"Does it feel good?"

Alex swallowed hard. "Yes."

"Is it exciting for you to know that I’m watching you?"

The barest hint of green became visible through the dark veil of eyelashes. "Very."

Mulder licked the corner of his mouth. "You’re ready to come already, aren’t you?"

"Oh, yeah."

"Go ahead."

Alex’s hand closed around his cock and began to stroke slowly. His thumb circled the head, spreading the slick fluid that had leaked from the tip.

Mulder rose and stalked toward him. His hand stilled.

"Don’t stop," Mulder whispered, moving past him and around the tree.

Alex resumed, now using long, steady strokes.

"That’s it," his lover encouraged softly as he moved around to Alex’s left side. "Do it, baby."

A small, unintelligible sound left Alex’s throat and his hand moved faster.

"Come on. I’m waiting. Come for me."

Alex gritted his teeth as he pumped his cock harder.

"Now, Alex."

Alex’s hoarse cries were absorbed into the dense expanse of trees. His body tightened and arched as a warm geyser flowed from it and on to the ground.

"Beautiful." The breathless groan rumbled into his ear, then he was spinning, being turned around to face the tree. His upper body was pressed against the trunk and the hands at his hips pulled, forcing him to spread his legs for balance. There was a small flurry of activity behind him, then he felt the urgent press of solid muscle against his ass. His arms went around the tree in an extra measure of support. Gentle hands spread his cheeks and that hardness pushed into him.

"Nnnnhhh...uhh...Fox..."

Once Mulder was completely embedded in his lover, he leaned forward, draping himself over the damp, shirt covered back. He reached around and lovingly stroked Alex’s sticky, not altogether limp cock. He murmured against the damp material. "Squeeze me, Alex." He stood motionless as Alex obediently began to tighten his muscles, effectively milking his cock. Mulder clenched his teeth and endured the exquisite torture in silence. Not long after it began, he started to feel that familiar tightening in his lower body. Soft whimpers pushed past his lips.

Alex knew those sounds all too well. Fox was ready. He squeezed harder and faster, drawing louder, harsher moans from his lover. All at once, Mulder’s muscles tensed up and his fingers dug into Alex’s skin.

Alex continued, draining the older man of every drop. Only when he felt his partner’s body go slack and heard the cries change to soft purrs, did he relax his grip.

Mulder slipped out of him and slid to the ground. Alex dropped down beside him, kissing the perspiration drenched face and hair. "I really am going to miss this place," he whispered against his Fox’s cheek. He tucked an arm around his lover’s heaving chest and closed his eyes.

7:23 p.m.

Mulder sat at one end of the long table, finishing his dinner. Alex sat to his immediate right, having long abandoned the whole "look but don’t touch, stay as far away from each other as possible while you’re eating" romantic thing.

"Want to go out, tonight?"

Mulder set his fork down and picked up his wine glass. "Where?"

Alex shrugged innocently. "While we were in town, I’d spoken to some people. They told me that there was a nice club not all that far from there. I thought we could go. Listen to a little music, have a drink or two..."

Mulder paused a moment, then replied. "Yeah. Sure, why not?"

"Great." Alex’s eyes sparkled. "Why don’t we go get ready in a little while?"

Mulder’s eyes narrowed. "Okay..."

8:34 p.m.

Both men walked naked from the bathroom, freshly showered and more than a little aroused from the merciless teasing each inflicted on each other.

"You know," Mulder informed, "this is not a good thing. How are we going to walk into a public place in this condition?"

Alex grinned. "Believe me when I tell you, we probably won’t be the only ones."

"Alex, where the hell are we going?"

"I told you."

"I have a feeling there’s more to it than you’re letting on."

Alex flashed him a tiny smile before going to the closet and pulling out a grey suit and shirt. "Why don’t you wear this?"

Mulder’s eyes darted down to the clothing just placed on the bed, then back up to Alex who had already retreated to the other closet.

"Alex..."

Alex had pulled out his own clothes and was now rummaging in the bottom of the closet. "Hmm?"

Mulder sighed heavily. "Never mind." He reached for his underwear but Alex’s voice stopped him.

"Uh...hold on."

Mulder turned to face him. He stood a few feet away, clad only in a pair of forest green silk shorts. He held his hands behind his back.

"What?"

"Got something for ya."

"This wouldn’t be something out of those mysterious bags from this afternoon..."

Faint smirk. "It would." He sauntered toward Mulder and held up a leather object. "Wear this for me."

Mulder tilted his head from side to side. "Okay, call me stupid, but I have no idea what the hell that is."

"Allow me to demonstrate."

Alex grasped Mulder’s cock and wrapped the three connected leather straps around it, buckling and adjusting each one. Each of the two remaining straps went around the testicles, separating them. Mulder winced as he secured each one snugly.

"Shit, Alex..."

"Like that?"

Mulder drew a deep breath and let it out. "It’s so...kinky. You don’t uh...you don’t want me to wear this out, do you?"

"That was the idea. You don’t have to if you don’t want to..."

Mulder hesitated. Then a tiny smile slanted across his lips. He turned to get a pair of underwear.

"You don’t need those."

"Alex...I need some kind of support."

Alex held up one finger and returned to the closet.

"More goodies from your bag of tricks?"

He returned with what looked like a ...

"Alex...is that a leash?"

Alex swung the fine gold chain around in his hand. The metal whistled through the air, creating a tiny breeze as it spun.

"Don’t you wonder what that little ring is there on the last strap?"

Mulder looked down. "Okay, yeah. Now that you mention it..."

Alex hooked the clasp at the end of the chain on the ring and tugged.

Mulder grimaced. "Oh, you shouldn’t do that...I’m just about ready to..."

"Don’t worry," Alex replied matter-of-factly. "You won’t."

He unhooked the clasp and drew the end of the chain through the ring, bringing both ends around Mulder’s waist, then securing it snugly so that his cock lay virtually immobile against his belly. A few inches of the chain dangled down the back, tickling his ass as it swung freely.

Alex couldn’t resist. He bent over and lashed the head of Mulder’s cock with his tongue.

"Ah, shit. Alex, don’t..."

Alex straightened up and kissed him on the mouth. "God, you are beautiful. I just want to jump you where you stand."

Mulder gave him a cocky smirk. "That’d just sort of blow your plans all to hell though, wouldn’t it?"

Alex snorted. "Yeah, so get dressed, would you?"

An hour later, they arrived at the club.

"This is nice," Mulder observed as they walked in. "Who told you about it?"

"Just some people I met in town. It’s supposed to have a nice mix of people."

"Not very crowded."

"It’s still early. Plus, how many people could there be on this island, anyway?"

They tucked themselves away in a comfortable corner booth where they could sit virtually unnoticed, but still had an unrestricted view of the rest of the club.

"Want a drink?" Alex asked, running the back of two fingers down the sleeve of Mulder’s jacket.

"Yeah, I think I could use one about now."

Alex nuzzled his cheek. "Why do you say that?"

"I’m still trying to get behind the fact that I’m sitting in a public place, wearing this thing."

"Is it uncomfortable?"

"Well, not in a bad way..." He released a soft hiss as Alex’s hand dropped down to his crotch and the back of it brushed lightly back and forth. "Alex..."

"That feel good?"

"Too...too good. Do you plan on torturing me like this, all night?"

"Aww, lisa. Don’t think of it as torture. Think of it as a promise."

"Yeah, well your promises are going to kill me."

Alex chuckled into his shoulder. "What do you want to drink?"

"Beer is fine."

"Be right back." He gave Mulder’s bound cock a gentle but unexpected squeeze, then slipped away, leaving his lover squirming in the agonizing aftermath of his touch.

"Shit, shit, shit," he muttered, throwing his head back against his seat and closing his eyes. He inhaled deeply, concentrating on the sensations generated by even his slightest movement. He smiled, remembering the ride over in the car. He thought he’d come in his pants at least half a dozen times, but snug leather held him in check.

Ohhh, Alexei. Payback is a bitch...

A sobbing laugh tumbled from Alex’s lips as he approached the corner booth.

Why the fuck don’t I have a camera?

Fox sat sprawled over the burgundy leather seat, arms draped loosely across the back, eyes closed.

Alex watched him, transfixed, until the hazel eyes opened just a crack.

Like this morning, Mulder had the sudden feeling that he was being watched. Only this time, he knew whose eyes were on him. His chin tilted down a fraction and his eyelids lifted just a bit more.

Had Alex’s grip tightened any more around the bottles, they would have shattered. The golden-brown head tipped seductively to the side and those lush lips parted and began to move. Alex had to concentrate to decipher the sounds that came out of them.

"What are you doing?"

The slitted amber-flecked eyes watched his trembling hand place the bottles down on the table. They slid back up to his face and remained concentrated on it as Alex moved forward and sat beside him.

"I’m trying to figure out a way to do you right here without anybody noticing."

Mulder studied him through the veil of his lashes. "You’d do it too, if you could...wouldn’t you?"

Alex lowered his head until their lips were almost touching. "In a heartbeat." He sucked in a breath as the older man’s tongue feathered his lips. "Christ, I want you."

Mulder gave him a lazy grin. "Yeah?" His hand left the back of the seat and landed in Alex’s lap, stroking the solid bulge beneath the black material of his pants. Alex’s eyes closed and his respiration deepened.

As Mulder continued to rub the lover’s cock, he whispered softly against his cheek.

"You know what I want to do?"

"Tell me."

"I want to get down on my knees under this table and suck you till you explode."

Alex’s cock jumped beneath Mulder’s fingers. He swallowed hard then spoke. "Putting aside the fact that there are about two dozen other people in this place, don’t you think that would be kind of messy? I mean, I don’t want to walk around with a big old wet spot on my pants..."

"There wouldn’t be one."

"Oh, no? And how would you manage that?"

"Same way you did that day in my kitchen. Remember?"

Alex’s lips twitched in the hint of a smile. "Vaguely."

The tip of Mulder’s tongue tickled the inside of his ear. "Only vaguely?"

Long shuddering sigh. "Okay, so I remember it down to every last drop."

"I thought so."

"Of course, I washed you with a warm cloth afterward..."

"I’ll wash you with my warm tongue."

"Mmmmm.......as much as I’d love to, we can’t."

"But it’s so dark and secluded here...please, Alex."

Alex chuckled. "I can’t believe Fox Mulder is asking me to let him give me a blow job in the middle of a club, surrounded by dozens of people."

Mulder began to knead him gently. "We’re not in the middle of the club and we’re not surrounded by people. No one will see..."

"That may be true, but I’m goddamn sure that they’ll hear. There’s no way in hell, I’d be able to keep quiet." He grasped Mulder’s hand. "And if you don’t stop doing that..."

"What?"

"You know what."

Mulder removed his hand. "Okay, fine. I’ll be good."

Alex groaned softly. "Don’t do that."

"Do what?"

"That. That… that thing you’re doing with your lip."

"I’m not doing anything with my lip..."

"Oh yes you are, and you know it drives me insane which is exactly why you’re doing it."

Mulder reached for his beer. "I don’t know what you’re talking about." He raised the bottle to his lips and took a long swallow. He pulled it away from his mouth only long enough to run his tongue around the smooth brown lip. His eyes drifted shut and he opened his mouth, taking in a few inches of the neck.

Alex forgot to breathe.

Mulder pulled back almost to the end of the bottle, licking the underside of it, then descended again. His head moved almost imperceptibly, from side to side, then pulled all the way up and away from the bottle. He cut his gaze up and to the right, looking at Alex from the corners of his eyes.

Alex’s voice came out in a weak croak. "Fucking cock tease."

Mulder skimmed Alex’s lips with the rim of the bottle. "I love it when you talk dirty to me."

Alex sighed in mock exasperation. "What the hell am I going to do with you?"

"You know what to do with me." Mulder set the bottle down on the table then cupped the back of Alex’s head and pulled him down for a long kiss. When they separated, Alex snatched up his beer and drained half the bottle.

"Yeah." He put the bottle down then tangled his fingers in Mulder hair. "I know what to do." His mouth came down again on his lover’s, drinking in the soft moan. His tongue swept inside, slowly caressing its mate, teasing and tempting. He broke the kiss suddenly and brought the bottle back to his mouth. He finished off the remaining contents then looked back down at his Fox, who had again rested his head against the back of the seat and closed his eyes. Alex brushed the bottle against his cheek. "I need something a little stronger than beer if I’m going to endure an entire evening here with you."

Eyes still closed, Mulder smiled. "That almost sounds insulting."

"You know what I mean." He started to move out of the booth. "Want something else?"

Mulder’s eyes opened half-way. "I’ll just stick with the beer."

"Okay." He paused before standing. "I’m almost afraid to leave you alone."

Mulder gave him an amused look. "Why?"

"I’ll probably come back and find a hoard of men buzzing around you."

"What?"

"The vibes you’re radiating can be felt all over this building, I’ll bet. Every man in this joint is probably sniffing the air. If they find you alone, they’ll be on you like flies."

Mulder’s lips twisted into some semblance of a grimace. "Stop."

"I’m not kidding."

"Okay, thanks for the warning."

Alex winked. "Be back in a few."

Mulder picked up his beer and waved him off.

10:04 p.m.

A man watched Alex approach the bar. He stood quietly at a distance, studying the young man as he ordered an Absolut and another Corona. When Alex was finished, he spoke up.

"Excuse me, please."

Alex turned in the direction of the soft, polite voice. He looked the man up and down making a snap assessment. Average height and build. Expensively dressed. Perfectly coiffed silver gray hair and eyes that matched almost exactly.

The man smiled, revealing even white teeth. He waved a hand between Alex and the direction from which he had just come. "I couldn’t help noticing you and your companion. I do hope you don’t mind me saying so but..." He glanced briefly toward the booth. "...he is exquisite." No one but Fox would have recognized the slight change in Alex’s expression. The man continued. "As are you. You compliment each other beautifully."

"Yeah, thanks."

"You know, I do a terrible lot of traveling and it would be so much more enjoyable if I had a companion...or two."

"Good luck with your search."

A tiny trace of a smile curved the man’s thin lips. "I’m a very wealthy man."

"Congratulations."

"You would never want for anything..."

"Look man, I’m not interested in being your boy toy."

Gray eyes slid across the room. "Maybe your friend..."

"No."

"Are you sure? Perhaps I should ask him."

Alex’s expression turned glacial. "Stay away from him."

One silver-gray eyebrow arched. "Are you afraid of what his answer might be? Or are you simply very protective of him? I wonder..."

"Wonder all you want. But leave him alone."

The man executed a shallow bow. "Have a lovely evening."

Alex paid the bartender, picked up his drinks and with one last icy glare at the man, started back toward his table.

"See?" Mulder smirked as Alex sat down. "No hoard of men."

"I’m shocked."

"I guess you’re the only one in tune to my vibes."

"That’s just great with me."

Mulder cocked his head and frowned at the younger man. "Alex, what is it? You look a little ticked off."

The hard set of Alex’s mouth softened. He cupped Fox’s cheek and scattered a few light kisses across his face. "Nothing."

"Don’t hand me that...did something happen at the bar?"

"Just some asshole. I took care of it."

"You took care of it, how?"

Alex laughed softly. "I didn’t kill anybody, don’t worry."

"You sure?"

"Did you hear any commotion?"

"No, but that doesn’t mean anything. Can’t you kill a person at close range, in a crowd of people without anyone noticing?"

"I suppose I could if I had to...never mind about that." He kissed his lover’s mouth tenderly. "How are you doing?"

"Okay." Mulder turned his head a bit, listening to the sensuous thrum of the music. He turned back to Alex, eyes glowing softly. "Want to dance?"

"Really?"

"Really."

Alex shook his head. "You never cease to amaze me." He took Mulder by the hand and led him out to an open space on the floor. The older man slipped into his arms and they began to move, swaying gently among the other couples.

Mulder rested his cheek against Alex’s and closed his eyes. He whispered into his lover’s ear.

"This feels so good."

Alex’s right hand glided down to Mulder’s lower back and he pressed their hips together.

"How does that feel?"

His only answer came in the form of a long low sigh.

His hand slipped under the gray jacket and through the gray silk of the shirt, pulled at the chain around Fox’s waist, drawing his cock up a little tighter. The older man’s fingers clenched in Alex’s shirt and his head dropped down to his shoulder.

"Christ, Alex. What are you doing?" He gasped as Alex alternately slackened and increased the tension.

"Making you crazy."

"Yes, you are."

Alex’s hand stilled but did not let go of the chain.

Fox rubbed his face into the hollow between Alex’s shoulder and neck. "Don’t stop."

"I have to. All that whimpering is starting to draw attention."

"I’m not making any noise."

"Yeah, you really are."

Mulder nuzzled his neck as they continued to move. "Please..."

"You know I can’t resist you when you ask me so nicely..." Alex gave the chain one more firm tug. Mulder’s body jerked against him.

"God..."

"Okay," Alex released the chain. "That’s enough for now."

Hopeful eyes turned to him. "More, later?"

"If you’re good."

Mulder drew a deep breath and lowered his head to the other man’s shoulder. His body moved with Alex’s as though they were one, flowing together with the languid rhythm of the music.

When the song ended, they returned to their table. Alex slid into the booth first, Mulder right behind him, curling himself into his lover’s side. Alex petted the soft golden-brown head as it came to rest against his shoulder.

"I love you, lisa."

His murmured statement garnered an affectionate nuzzle from the man pressed against him.

They sat that way for long moments, each content in the role they’d slipped into. Without discussion, Alex took charge for the remainder of the evening, rewarding his lover’s joyful submission with soft words and loving touches. Mulder virtually purred with happiness, surrendering himself completely to Alex’s every whim. Responding to every touch, every look as though it was the most intimate of caresses.

Two hours and half a dozen dances later, Alex made the announcement.

"I think we’ve both had about all we can take for one night. What do you say we get out of here?"

"Okay. Let me just hit the men’s room before we go." He started to slide out of the booth when Alex grabbed his arm, stopping him.

"I want to find that leather back just the way I had it."

Mulder’s skin tingled at the soft warning. "Be back in a minute."

Alex released his arm and watched him disappear into the crowd. He smiled to himself and lifted his glass to his lips.

Sunday, 12:53 a.m.

Mulder entered the large, spotless bathroom and went into a stall. He chuckled to himself as he looked down at his leather-manacled cock. Certainly didn’t want anybody coming in and seeing this.

God.

His hypersensitivity made it almost impossible to get the straps undone but he managed.

All this trauma just to take a piss. Baby, you are going to pay...

When he was through, he strapped himself back up, taking care to insure that he’d done so exactly the way Alex had done it. He left the stall and as he was washing his hands, suddenly felt eyes on him. He looked into the mirror and met the steady gray gaze of an older man, standing a few feet behind him.

"Good evening."

Mulder hesitated, then nodded his greeting.

"Very nice club, isn’t it?"

"Yeah."

"I had a brief conversation with your companion earlier."

Mulder turned to face him.

"Didn’t he tell you?"

"He mentioned something about some asshole at the bar...was that you?"

The man chuckled. "Judging from his reaction to me, I would say that yes, it was. What did he tell you?"

"He didn’t."

"I thought not. I had informed him that I was in search of a traveling companion and he informed me, under no uncertain terms, that neither of you was interested."

"And?"

"He answered for you. Is that your feeling on the matter?"

"Yes."

"I also informed him that I am a very wealthy man. I can offer you a very comfortable life."

Mulder folded his arms across his chest and leaned against the sink. "In return for?"

"Companionship."

"And?"

"You’re a very handsome young man. And very intelligent, I’ll wager. I’m sure you know what a man of my wealth and age would want with a beautiful young man such as yourself."

"Forget it."

"You would live a very pampered life. I can give you everything you could ever want."

"I have everything I could ever want."

"Ah. Your friend out there? He seems a rather angry young man. And terribly jealous." His eyes slid over Mulder. "Not that I can blame him for that. If you were mine, I probably wouldn’t be especially fond of sharing you, either. As I said, I originally made the offer for the both of you. It would be lovely having two handsome young men around. Now, if your worry is about leaving him, I would be more than agreeable to reiterate that offer. If you think you could talk him into it..."

Mulder chewed the inside corner of his lip. "You’re nuts, you know that?"

"Oh, I’ve been called eccentric, but never nuts." He took a step forward. "What do you say?"

"I say no."

"I can’t change your mind about that?"

"No."

The man smiled again. "Such loyalty in one so beautiful. I hope he realizes how fortunate he is."

Mulder pushed away from the sink and brushed by the man as he exited the bathroom.

1:20 a.m.

"I was about to go in after you," Alex joked. "Have trouble with the straps?"

"No. I was just talking to your friend."

Alex’s brow crinkled. "My..."

"Yeah, you know. The asshole at the bar."

"Where?"

"Men’s room. He bopped on in there while I was washing my hands. I think he followed me."

Alex was up and moving toward the men’s room in an instant. Mulder caught him by his arm and spun him around.

"Whoa. Where are you going?"

"I told him to leave you alone."

"I’m okay, Alex."

"What did he say?"

"He just offered to make me his pampered pet."

"I’ll fucking kill him..."

"No, you’re not. I handled it."

"Fox.."

"I know, you’re worried about me after what happened yesterday morning, but that guy threw me because it was the first time and I was completely unprepared. That didn’t happen this time. I handled it, okay?"

"Yeah, but I can’t believe he went after you after I warned him not to."

Mulder wound his arms around Alex’s neck. "Don’t worry about it. When he realized he wasn’t getting anywhere, he gave up. Now, come on. You’ve given him far too much attention. I’m feeling a little neglected."

Alex pulled him close. "You are?"

Mulder nodded, treating his lover to that little pout that always turned him to jelly.

"Well, we can’t have that, can we?" His mouth closed over Mulder’s, coaxing a soft moan from him. He broke the kiss and the older man inclined his head slightly, burying his face in Alex’s neck. Alex stroked his back slowly. "Are you ready?"

"I’ve been ready for hours."

"I know you have. Let’s go home so I can..." Alex looked up, feeling a presence. His body tensed and his arms unconsciously tightened around Mulder.

"Alex, what’s..." Mulder shifted his head and saw the man he’d just left in the bathroom not more than five minutes before.

"What the fuck do you want?" Alex rumbled.

Mulder smiled to himself in spite of the nastiness that could so quickly develop from the confrontation. He snuggled closer to Alex, winding his right arm around his lover’s waist and running his left hand up and down his chest. He looked up at the man through the fringe of his lashes.

The man observed him for a second then his eyes flicked up to Alex’s face. "I simply wanted to concede my loss. It’s the gentlemanly thing to do."

"Your use of the word loss, implies that there was something for you to lose in the first place."

"I suppose you could see it that way."

"There’s no other way to see it."

Mulder tipped his head and strung a trail of kisses along Alex’s jaw. "Come on, baby. Let’s go. Forget about this guy."

Alex closed his eyes and leaned into Mulder’s kisses. His eyes reopened slowly, to find the man still standing before them. Before he could say anything, the stranger spoke.

"Not many young men would pass up what I have to offer. Consider yourself a fortunate man." Gray eyes flicked appreciatively over Mulder, then came back to meet Alex’s granite gaze. "You’re well-loved." He glided away, leaving them alone.

Alex watched him for a few brief seconds, then turned his attention back to the man wrapped tightly in his arms. He brought a hand under Mulder’s chin, holding it steady and covered his lips with his own. He explored the warm interior of the older man’s mouth while his other hand crept under his jacket. He found the chain and pulled gently. Mulder groaned into his mouth.

"Have you any idea how hard I am right now?" he asked after pulling away from the kiss. "Arousing is much too mild a word to describe the feeling I got from you doing what you did right in front of that guy. You, my love, are a very bad boy... God, I love you."

Mulder rubbed his crotch against Alex’s. "Let’s get out of here."

They linked hands and walked out to the car. Mulder got in and sat as close to Alex as he could, laying a hand on his thigh. He rested his head on Alex’s shoulder and closed his eyes. Alex kissed the top of his head and pulled out of the parking lot.

As they drove along in silence, Mulder’s hand began to travel, moving up and down from Alex’s knee to the top of his thigh.

"I thought you were asleep."

"Are you kidding? How can I sleep when all I can think about is getting fucked?" He could hear the smile in Alex’s voice.

"Slut."

"Whatever."

Mulder’s hand wandered farther, skimming the diamond-hard bulge in his lover’s pants.

"Mmmmmm......"

"Alex."

"Hmm?"

He reached for the zipper and began to pull it down. Next, he undid Alex’s belt and button.

"Fox, what are you.... aww, shit."

Mulder reached inside and pulled Alex’s cock out from behind the slitted fold of his underwear. He stroked it gently, while his head lowered.

Alex grabbed a handful of hair. "Baby, as much as I’d love to, I really don’t think..."

Mulder untangled Alex’s fingers from his hair and buried his face in the younger man’s crotch.

Alex gritted his teeth and groaned harshly. "Jesus Christ..."

Mulder rubbed his face against the velvety shaft, swiping at it with his tongue with every pass.

"Fox....cut it out..."

No response.

Alex winced. "Come on now, I’m serious. If you don’t stop, and I mean right now, I’m going to..."

Mulder lifted his head. "You’re going to what?"

Alex sighed and stroked his hair. "I’m going to come and I don’t want to do that. Not yet. First of all, I’ll lose complete control and I really don’t want to kill us both. And second...I want to be deep inside that pretty ass of yours when I do."

"You have such a way with words." Mulder grinned, then again lowered his head.

"Hey!"

"Relax." Mulder brushed his lips lightly along the shaft then rested his cheek against it. He stroked Alex’s thigh. "I’m not going to make you come. I just want to be close to you."

"Well, that’s sweet, but you’re killing me."

"Just concentrate on the road. I promise, no teasing." He closed his eyes, enjoying the heat pressed to his face and inhaled the clean, musky scent that he’d come to know so well.

Alex’s hand came down on the golden-brown head cradled in his lap. He combed his fingers through the strands slowly. "I didn’t think I could ever be this happy, you know?"

"I know. Me either...I love you, Alex." Mulder smiled, feeling Alex’s cock twitch beneath his cheek. "’I love you’, has a sexual effect on you?"

Alex laughed softly. "Almost anything you do or say has a sexual effect on me."

"That’s good information to have..."

Alex tugged on his hair. "Oh, like you didn’t know that already."

Mulder kissed Alex’s cock and tucked a hand under his thigh. "I had no idea..."

"Liar."

Silence fell between them for the rest of the drive. The only sound now, was the hum of the motor and Alex’s soft singing.

2:32 a.m.

Alex pulled into the garage and killed the engine. He sat quietly, caressing the head of the sleeping man. He almost hated to wake him, but...

"Baby..." He rubbed Mulder’s shoulder.

"Hmm..."

"Wake up. We’re here."

"Here?"

"Uh huh. Come on, you and I got some things to take care of."

"What things?" The sleepy voice mumbled from his lap.

Before he could respond, a warm, moist tongue began to lick his still very hard cock from base to tip.

Alex’s head fell back against the seat.

"You keep that up and we won’t make it into the house."

Mulder ignored the warning until Alex pulled his shirt from the waistband of his pants and gave the chain around his waist a good firm tug. He released a sharp groan and raised his head.

"Get out of the car," Alex instructed softly.

Both men got out simultaneously, Alex zipping his pants as he did. He motioned to Mulder with a small toss of his head. The older man obediently moved around the car and came to stand before him. Alex pushed him back against the car and trailed his fingers slowly, up and down his chest. He leaned in as close as he could get and let his lips hover near Mulder’s.

Mulder mouthed his name and tried to touch lips, but Alex would not allow any contact. His hands slipped downward, undoing the gray pants. He reached around Mulder’s waist and unhooked the chain. He slid it out of the ring, then clamped the end onto the small gold circle. He backed away and pulled gently.

"Let’s go."

Mulder hesitated for a moment, unable to help himself. He smirked and said, "So when Scully inevitably tells me that you’re leading me around by my dick, I...aah!" He gritted his teeth as Alex pulled once more, this time a little more insistently. He moved away from the car and followed Alex’s lead. They walked through the back entrance of the garage into the house and up the steps to the second floor.

Once they reached the bedroom, Alex dropped onto the sofa and, still holding on to the chain, started giving orders.

"Take off your jacket."

Mulder shrugged out of the jacket and let it fall to the floor.

"Now your shirt."

He looked down as he began to unbutton the shirt.

Gentle tug. "Look at me. You know," Alex observed Mulder as his eyes rose, "your eyes are almost blue right now." He shook his head. "I never met anyone whose eyes changed color before." He shook his head. "You do amaze me in so many ways."

Keeping his eyes on Alex’s, Mulder finished unbuttoning his shirt and shed it. He stood silently, waiting for further instruction. It came without delay.

Alex’s eyes dropped down to Fox’s pants then back up to his eyes. He stepped out of his shoes then hooked his thumbs in his pants and slowly began to pull them down. When the pants joined the other items on the floor, Alex smiled. He swung the chain in a half circle and rose from the sofa. "Come here." He walked over to the bed, pulling a naked, very much aroused man along behind him. He wrapped the chain twice around the bedpost and stroked the side of his Fox’s stubbled face with the back of his hand. "Stay put, now."

Alex strolled over to the closet and reached into the bags at the bottom. Mulder watched warily as he approached, swinging a pair of fleece lined handcuffs in one hand. In the other, he held a long piece of black silky material. A flick of his wrist, and the silk floated up around Mulder’s neck. Alex drew his hand downward, allowing the material to slide over his lover’s shoulder and down his chest.

"What’s..."

"Shh."

Mulder closed his mouth and waited.

"Hands behind your back."

Mulder chewed the inside of his lip and did as he was asked. The cuffs were snapped on snugly, but not so tight as to be uncomfortable. Next, Alex brought the black silk up to his face. He paused, meeting Mulder’s eye. "Do you trust me, Fox?"

Mulder stared back. "With my life."

Alex brought the material up to his eyes and secured it behind his head. He unwrapped the chain from around the bedpost and gently pushed Mulder, trembling, to his knees.

Deprived of sight, Mulder listened attentively to every small sound. He heard a zipper being undone, then the swish of material, as Alex’s pants hit the floor. He felt the approach then the warmth of a hand sliding along his face. Fingers threading through his hair and...something else. Hovering. Fractions of an inch in front of his face. Instinctively, his mouth opened and he began to search.

Alex held his cock by the base and teased the blindfolded man, skimming the tip lightly across his questing lips. Mulder began to moan impatiently. Fingertips caressed his jaw and a voice, soft and low taunted him.

"What is it, lisa? What do you want?" He laid the head of his cock just inside the open mouth but quickly withdrew, pulling a frustrated whimper from Mulder. "Is that what you want?"

Mulder nodded.

"Well, far be it from me to deprive you." Alex thrust forward, filling the kneeling man’s mouth. "There you go, baby." He rocked slowly, in and out. "That good?"

The vibration of Mulder’s moan was his answer. He clenched both hands in the golden-brown hair and continued to move. "God....suck me, baby." He grimaced as Mulder obeyed, applying a steady, rhythmic pressure to him. "Mmm...yeah.....damn, you’re good...."

A muffled whimper escaped Mulder’s lips as he began to suck harder.

"No...baby, slow down..."

He couldn’t. The desire to feel this man erupt in his mouth was overwhelming. It excited him beyond reason. His cock throbbed within the confines of the leather strapping, screaming for release.

Alex’s fingers wove through his hair and forced his head back.

"No...."

"I told..." Alex paused, panting heavily. "I told you to slow...slow down...no more for you..."

"No...please, Alex. Please..."

"Sorry. Maybe next time you’ll do what I tell you."

Mulder doubled over, wincing as if in pain.

"Please..."

"Please, what?"

"Please let me suck you. Please..."

Alex placed two fingers under Mulder’s chin and lifted him into a straighter position. He stroked his lover’s cheek tenderly. "You really want it that badly?"

Mulder nodded.

He felt movement and the sound of the chain being wrapped again, around the bedpost. The warmth of Alex’s presence was removed briefly but soon returned.

"Open your mouth."

Mulder obeyed without hesitation. A smooth, blunt object was placed inside his mouth and he knew immediately that although it felt real, this wasn’t his Alex.

"Suck it."

Mulder closed his mouth around the dildo. If this is what Alex wanted, he’d give him a show he wouldn’t soon forget.

His head slid forward, slowly taking the latex shaft into his mouth, inch by inch. When he took it in as far as it would comfortably go, he began to withdraw, moving his head from side to side. When he reached the tip, his tongue inched out, lapping quickly at the head.

Alex held the object tightly in his hand, watching hungrily as his lover’s mouth, that...that lush, succulent mouth did to the dildo what it wanted so badly to do his cock.

Mulder’s tongue swirled around the head again and again, then sucked the shaft halfway in, applying hard pressure and tugging at it. His chest heaved with the effort it took to force the breath from his nostrils. Whether or not he was conscious of it, Alex wasn’t sure, but Mulder’s hips began to move slowly, thrusting into nothing.

Alex took hold of the chain once again and held it taut. Mulder released a small grunt and continued to move, pulling against the chain with every backward thrust. His mouth worked the latex, still sliding over it in a slow, sinuous rhythm. Alex’s eyes struggled to stay open. His lips parted and released tiny, labored breaths. He couldn’t take another second of this, he couldn’t...

A loud sob escaped Fox’s throat as the tension on his cock was slackened and the dildo was pulled from his mouth. Alex’s hand came through his hair and jerked his head back.

"You drive me fucking insane, you know that?" A short, harsh laugh burst past his lips. "Of course you know." His mouth slanted across the trembling, swollen lips. "Every sound. Every goddamn little move you make, every flash of those eyes....they’re all designed to drive me out of my fucking mind, aren’t they?"

No answer.

"And the thing is, you don’t even know you’re doing it, half the time...which only makes it worse...get up." He hooked one hand under Mulder’s arm, helping him to his feet, then pushed him back onto the bed. His hands went to the leather strapping, undoing one snap at a time. Finally, Mulder was freed of his restraints. His cock throbbed in gratitude and anticipation.

Alex tucked a hand behind his shoulder and turned him onto his stomach.

Ohhhh, shit.

Mulder’s hips jerked into the mattress once...and only once. A firm smack on his ass brought him to a halt.

"No, you don’t." The soft voice loomed somewhere just above his head. Then all at once, it was closer. On him. In him. "You don’t come until I tell you to. Understand?"

Mulder nodded and flinched as he felt the hand approach again. But it touched him gently, lovingly caressing the patch of skin that still stung mildly from his slap. His hand left the slightly pink skin and the next thing Mulder felt was that blunt latex cock, lightly grazing the cleft of his ass. He tensed up automatically, drawing a chuckle from the man above him.

"Don’t worry, lisa. When I finally decide to fuck you, it’s going to be with the real thing." He stroked the shaft over the rounded flesh, giving rise to tiny goose bumps. "So..." he dropped the dildo onto the mattress by Mulder’s hip, then stretched out beside him. Dark eyes traveled the length of the magnificent body and his cock twitched uncontrollably. He wished again for the damned camera he hadn’t thought to bring. What a picture this was. His Fox. His beautiful, beautiful Fox, blindfolded, hands cuffed behind his back, lying helpless before him...completely at his mercy. "...did you have a good time teasing me tonight? Hmm?"

No answer.

"That stunt with the beer bottle almost sent me over the edge. I wanted to throw you up on the table and...well, just use your imagination." He petted the golden-brown head affectionately. "And the whole scene with that guy...did you see the look on his face? Did you notice the hunger in his eyes when he looked at you? Of course you did. It was me you were wrapped around, but I wasn’t the only one being turned on and you knew it. Did you like that? Turning another man on right in front of me? I sort of enjoyed it, you know. But only because I know that you’re mine and that no other man will ever touch you." He licked a path from Mulder’s quivering jaw to his ear. "You’ll never let another man touch you...will you, Fox?"

"Never," Mulder gasped into the sheet.

"Never," Alex repeated, whispering harshly. He continued to stroke Fox’s hair. "Are you tired, baby? Would you like to go to sleep? It’s very late, you know."

Mulder shook his head frantically. "No... n-no..."

"You don’t have to tell me no just to please me, Fox. You can go to sleep, it’s okay..."

Mulder writhed against the mattress. "Nooo...don’t leave me like this Alex, please..."

"Okay, shhh, baby, okay. Hang on..."

Mulder felt the mattress rise as Alex got up. He waited, shaking visibly, until his lover returned. The cuffs were unlocked, but only long enough for his hands to be pulled in front of him. Alex locked them again, then pulled his hands over his head, slipping something between the cuffs and securing it to the horizontal post of the headboard. He turned Mulder onto his side, rose briefly to remove the shirt he still wore, then dropped back down onto the bed, pulling the older man back against him. His mouth unerringly found the erratic pulse, pounding in the slender throat, while one hand idly stroked his chest.

"It’s time, love." He brushed his fingers over one hard nipple. "Are you ready?"

Mulder nodded, afraid to trust his voice.

"Now remember," he warned silkily, "you don’t come until I say you can. Understand?"

Another hasty nod.

Alex kissed his neck. "Good boy." His hand dipped down to Mulder’s cock, two fingers scraping away the slick fluid that appeared at the tip.

Mulder turned his face into the pillows and groaned into them.

Alex ignored the sound. He concentrated on combining the fluid with his own, preparing his cock. That done, he guided the shaft into the clutching ring of muscle, pushing forward slowly but steadily, forcing a long sobbing moan past his lover’s lips.

"Baby," he whispered. "Moy lisa. This is where I’ve wanted to be all night..." He shuddered as he withdrew, then slipped back in. "So warm. So tight..."

Mulder whimpered softly and pushed back with his hips. Alex grasped a nipple and twisted none too gently. Mulder’s mouth dropped open but no sound was emitted.

"Don’t. Move." Alex observed his partner and smiled. He grasped the dildo that was still beside Mulder’s hip and brought it up to his lips. "Your mouth is open, Fox. Is this what you’re looking for?"

Mulder’s mouth closed around the long shaft and began to lick and suck greedily.

"That’s it, baby." Alex held the dildo while he pumped slowly into his Fox. "God, you’re so gorgeous..." He nuzzled the back of his head. "Do you want to come, now?"

Mulder nodded, never letting go of the object in his mouth.

"Soon, love. Very, very soon." Alex increased the strength of his thrusts slightly. He positioned the free end of the dildo against the pillow so that it remained taut in Fox’s mouth. His hand then slipped down to his lover’s aching cock and grasped it at the base. A muffled sob sounded deep in Fox’s throat but he did not move for fear that Alex would stop and he couldn’t....he couldn’t.

Alex worked the stony erection as he continued to thrust into the quivering muscle. "It’s right there...isn’t it?"

Mulder whimpered.

"You can...feel it. It’s coming but...you won’t let it...let it go....until...I tell you...to..." Alex thrust harder, driving into the older man now, with all his strength. His fist pumped quickly, drawing loud, anguished moans from his tortured Fox.

"Okay, baby...let it go...come...with me...."

Wild screaming sobs rose into the air, lasting for what seemed like an eternity. When all became quiet, they lay together, breathing heavily, far too drained to move. Both men dozed off and on for at least half an hour before Alex finally gained enough strength to release Fox from the cuffs. He untied the black silk and slid it away from his eyes.

Mulder blinked slowly, then focused on the face above him. Deep green eyes stared intently into his. A slow, lazy smile came to his lips.

"Next time," he croaked, unable to get his voice to work properly, "your turn."

Alex laughed softly and kissed his mouth. "Yes, sir." He wound an arm around his lover’s waist and tucked his head under his chin.

Fox’s arms encircled him and the two fell into a deep, satisfied sleep.

Monday, 11:45 a.m.

Mulder bit into the warm croissant, smeared with raspberry sauce.

"Hey, save some of that."

He looked up at Alex, sitting across from him at small the table on the veranda.

"Some of what?"

Wicked grin. "That raspberry sauce."

He closed his eyes and smiled, remembering their conversation from a couple of nights before. "Ohhh, yeah. After last night...you still have the energy for such lascivious thoughts..."

"Sure do." Alex raised an eyebrow. "You’re going to tell me that you don’t?"

Mulder tried to hide a grin. "I wouldn’t say that."

"I thought not."

"What time is it?"

"Eleven forty eight. Got an appointment?"

"No, I just wanted to know what time it was...that okay with you?"

Mulder shrugged, popping the last of the croissant into his mouth. "I guess."

"Thanks."

"What do you want to do today?"

Alex’s head dropped back against the chair. "Nothing. I’m zonked."

"Yet, you’re having thoughts of raspberry sauce..."

"Well....I don’t have to move. You can lick it off of me..."

Mulder grinned, dipping his finger into the small bowl and dragging it across Alex’s cheek. He pulled his chair alongside the other and delicately lapped up every last bit of the gooey sweetness.

Alex’s eyes closed and soft sigh rose from his throat. "Bad Fox...bad, bad.

"You think so?" Wait till later..."

"Mmmmm, do I have to?"

"Yes. Let’s go be beach bums for the day, what do you say?"

Alex opened his eyes. "Yeah, I guess I can handle that."

"Good. Finish your breakfast and let’s go."

2:12 p.m.

Mulder rolled onto his stomach and rested his chin on his fist. He watched from the shady shelter of the rocks that surrounded them, as the surf pounded against the shoreline. The man beside him slept peacefully. Had been for the last half hour, now. He glanced at Alex and smiled softly.

Pure heaven packed into a six foot, hundred and eighty pound, green eyed frame. What the hell else could he ask for? He flattened his hands and rested his cheek on them, watching Alex’s chest rise and fall. Watching the occasional flutter of those impossibly thick eyelashes. Listening to the soft sounds of sleep he’d grown so accustomed to...

Alex moaned and shifted slightly. His eyes drifted open and focused on the man to his left. A sleepy smile curved his lips. "What are you doing?"

Mulder shook his head slowly. He lifted himself up onto his elbows, then leaned in and planted a kiss on Alex’s shoulder. "You know," he spoke in hushed tones, "there are still times when I look at you and find it so amazing that we could go from practically killing each other, to this.

Alex looked up at him with a thoroughly solemn expression. "I know. I thank God every day for the second chance we’ve been given." He grazed Mulder’s cheek with the back of his hand. Mulder caught the hand and brought it to his lips.

"I love you, Alexei."

Alex reached over and pulled Mulder down on top of him. "Even after what I did to you last night?"

Mulder laughed softly. "Especially after what you did to me last night."

"So now you’re my loyal sex slave?"

Mulder licked the side of his mouth. "Have been since the first day you touched me."

"Oh, so you’re easy..."

"Only for you."

Alex looked up at him, eyes sparkling. "You mean I could have tied you up and tortured you way back in June? Shit."

Mulder nestled his head against Alex’s shoulder. "Don’t be too upset. You know, you never find out everything there is know about each other in the first day..."

"Yeah, yeah....hey, what time is it?"

Mulder lifted his head. "What is it with you and the time?"

Alex shrugged innocently.

"And where’s your watch?"

"Damn band broke yesterday. I guess I could just carry it around in my pocket...so?"

"So, what?"

"Time?"

"Two twenty-two. Why is the time so important?"

"It’s not! You know what it’s like when you’re not wearing a watch..."

Mulder squinted down at him.

Alex looked up, wide-eyed. "What?"

"I don’t know..."

He grasped the back of Mulder’s neck and dragged him down into a sizzling kiss, obliterating all thought from his mind. "Don’t know what?"

Mulder’s fingers tangled in Alex’s hair and he brought his head down for more. "I don’t know...."

4:10 p.m.

Mulder pulled his sunglasses down to the tip of his nose and watched the limousine as it drove away from the house. "Wonder where Anthony is going."

Alex shrugged. "Taking the car for servicing? Sneaking out to meet a woman?"

"In the middle of the afternoon?"

Alex shrugged again. "Who’d be suspicious?" He tugged at Mulder’s hand, pulling him along through the sand as they headed back to the house.

5:46 p.m.

"Lanugo."

"What? Get the hell outta here! That’s not even a word!"

Mulder reached down beside his leg and picked up the dictionary. He held it out to Alex, who snatched it from him.

"I’m calling your bluff."

"Go ahead." He laced his fingers behind his head and waited patiently, while Alex thumbed through the book. He smiled when he heard it slam shut. Alex tossed it back onto the floor.

"How the bloody hell do you know all these obscure words?"

"Oh Alex, I should have warned you about playing Scrabble with this guy."

Mulder’s head snapped around in the direction of the feminine voice.

"Scully!"

He leapt to his feet and threw his arms around her, lifting her about a foot off the floor. "What are you doing here?"

"Alex called me a couple of weeks ago and asked if I’d like to come and spend Christmas with you guys."

Mulder turned to look at Alex, who had since risen to his feet and was standing quietly by the sofa. He stepped forward and moving past Mulder, embraced Scully briefly.

"How was your flight?"

"Very smooth, thanks." She took a step back and studied both men. "Well, you both look tanned and rested." She grinned, noting their slightly longer hair. "And shaggy. And you..." She turned her full attention back to Mulder. "You’ve put on weight!"

Mulder smiled and nodded in the direction of the woman who had entered the room with Scully. "Marie stuffs me full of every fattening food she can get her hands on."

"That’s right, boy. One month ago you came here lookin’ like a sneeze could topple you. And look at you now."

Scully laughed at Marie’s response. "She’s right, Mulder. You look so much more like yourself." She looked to Alex and nodded her approval. "Good job."

Before Alex could respond, Marie broke in.

"Let me show you to your room, darlin. Dinner will be ready in about an hour."

Scully turned bright cerulean eyes to Marie. "Okay, thank you. Be right back, guys."

As Scully ascended the stairs, Mulder turned to the other man, his eyes glowing with a soft light. "You’re very sneaky."

"I know you missed her."

Mulder closed the short distance between them and wound his arms around Alex’s neck. His fingers combed the fringe of hair at the base of his neck.

"Thank you."

Alex raised a hand to his cheek. "Anything for you, lisa."

The older man pitched forward slowly, brushing Alex’s mouth with his own. As he moved away, Alex caught his head and pulled him back, covering his mouth with his own. Mulder groaned softly into his lover’s mouth, melting into the kiss, so easily giving himself up to the moment. Long seconds later, Alex’s lips left his, touching the tip of his nose then his forehead, before he laid his head against the younger man’s shoulder.

Scully descended the stairs, a tiny smile touching her lips as she observed the scene in the living room. Her partner, wrapped tightly in his lover’s arms, being stroked and kissed and luxuriating in every second of it.

"Okay you two, break it up."

Mulder pulled himself reluctantly from Alex’s embrace and the two men turned in the direction of the stairs. Alex cleared his throat and spoke first.

"Like your room?"

"It’s gorgeous." She looked around. "This house is gorgeous."

"Isn’t it?" Mulder agreed. "I’m going to hate to leave it."

Scully joined the men and Mulder ushered her to the sofa where he took a seat beside her. Alex dropped into the chair across from them.

"So how’s the office?"

"Fine but you’re going to have your hands full when you get back, I’m afraid. I’ve handled as much as I can, but there are some people who won’t deal with me alone."

"Sorry to leave you with all that."

"No! Don’t worry about it. I’m handling it. By the way, I told Skinner that I was going to see you over the holidays and he said to send his regards. The Gunmen said hey, too."

Mulder nodded. "So how long are you here for?"

"I leave the twenty-seventh. I told my mother that I’d be home in time for New Years."

"She uh, didn’t mind you not being with her for Christmas?"

"No, she understood. Besides, I spent Thanksgiving with her and my brothers. They both flew in with their families, so it was more important that I be there, then."

"But she’s not alone for Christmas..."

"No, no. She went to Bill’s house." Scully looked to Alex. "So, what have you guys been up to, the last month?"

"Relaxing, mostly," Alex answered. "We’ve gone into town a few times for dinner and whatnot, but mostly we just hang close to the house. Walking, swimming..."

"Well, this life of leisure sure seems to agree with you." She turned back to Mulder. "I can’t remember the last time I saw you looking so content."

He lowered his head and smiled. A little boy gesture. He raised his eyes to Alex’s and the little boy faded away.

Scully quietly watched the sultry exchange of glances, wondering if in that second they’d even remembered she was there. Marie’s voice broke the silence.

"Dinner, children."

Hazel eyes flicked away from green, setting the flame down on simmer. The two men stood, allowing Scully to precede them into the dining room. When she was a few steps in front of them, Mulder placed his hand at the small of Alex’s back and kissed the side of his neck as they walked together, behind the petite redhead.

7:59 p.m.

"I’ve got to be crazy Mulder, to let you talk me into this," Scully said, placing her letter tiles in front of her.

"You," Alex snorted. "He just kicked my butt three times today and here I am, back for more..."

"Babies." Mulder lounged on the sofa, behind Alex, who sat on the floor. He clasped his fingers in the dark hair and tugged gently.

"Uh, hey. If we’re gonna play, you gotta move," Alex complained. "You can see all my letters."

"I don’t want to look at your stupid letters. Besides, I’m comfortable."

"Fine." Alex put his tiles in his lap, satisfied that Mulder couldn’t see them there.

Scully looked from one man to the other. "Are you two finished?"

"I’m done," Mulder shrugged. "You can go first, Scully..."

A game and a half and at least six challenges later, Scully finally made her big move.

"Yes! Fifty-two points for that word. Mulder, I’ve got you..." She cocked her head, observing the man stretched out on the sofa. "He’s asleep."

"Huh?" Alex turned carefully, taking care not to disturb the man whose head was nestled against the back of his neck. He turned back to Scully and nodded. "Yep."

"I can’t believe it. This is the closest I’ve ever gotten to catching up to his score and he zones out on me." She shook her head. "It’s just like him."

Alex grinned. "You want to finish?"

"No, it’s no fun if he doesn’t know how close I am."

Alex moved slowly away from the sofa and got up. Scully helped him put the game away, then he turned to her. "Are you tired?"

"No, actually, I’m not. I slept a lot on the plane, so..."

"Want to go out for a walk?"

"Umm...sure."

Alex bent over Mulder and touched his head gently. He dropped a light kiss on the golden-brown surface, then turned and left with Scully.

9:16 p.m.

"I saw some of this on the drive in," Scully began as they made their way down the path to the beach. "Can’t wait to really see it tomorrow."

Alex displayed a wistful smile. "It really is paradise."

"And it really does agree with Mulder. He looks wonderful, Alex. How is he doing, really?"

They approached a group of rocks and Alex stopped, leaning against them.

"It was touch and go for a while. I was afraid that it was all over. He’d retreated so far into himself that I wasn’t sure he’d ever come out."

"What happened...when?"

"Actually, all in the span of the last few days. He was doing well, I thought...till a few days ago. He was eating well, we got lots of exercise, his humor was returning." He pressed his lips together. "And then, uh...s-something happened. My fault. And he shut down. And I found out that he really hadn’t been as happy and relaxed as he had seemed to be."

"Did he have any more of those episodes?"

Alex nodded. "Three, in all. The last one happened on the night he’d shut down on me..." He bowed his head.

Scully touched his arm. "Alex...what happened?"

He started to speak, then fell silent.

"I understand it may be rather uh... sensitive information. If it’s too personal and you’d rather not say, I understand. But if you want to tell me, you don’t need to worry about embarrassing me."

Alex drew a deep breath. His eyes cut up to Scully, then away. "We hadn’t...slept together since we arrived here. Well, I mean we slept together, we just didn’t...you know. Seemed like first I was afraid, then he was afraid, then....umm...he was killing me. I..." He risked a glance at Scully. "I wanted him so much. And it seemed like everything he did and everything he said drove me insane. There are times when a man’s just gotta get some relief, you understand?"

"I think so."

"Well, one afternoon, a few days ago, we went swimming. He was in the best mood he’d been in since we got here. He was so relaxed and playful and... happy... and in a horribly teasing mood. When we got back to the house, I went in to take a shower, kind of thinking that he’d offer to join me, but he didn’t. I was going nuts. So, while I was in the shower, I...you know..."

"I gotcha."

"What I didn’t know was that he was planning on surprising me. He snuck into the bathroom and saw and got very upset. He left the bathroom and when I came out a while later, the wall was up and I had no idea why. We had dinner plans in town. We went, he was virtually silent the whole time, we came back, he went up to bed alone, I fell asleep downstairs on the couch, only to be awakened in the middle of the night by sounds coming from upstairs. He was dreaming again. I ran up to the bedroom and woke him. He didn’t want me to touch him. He said things I didn’t understand at the time. I refused to leave, though. I held him in my arms and told him that if he wanted me to go, he’d have to make me. He just went quiet and after a while, he fell asleep. The next morning, he didn’t seem quiet as bad but still was very distant. I asked him to tell me what was wrong. He wouldn’t. I pushed the issue, he got upset and I let it drop. We spent the rest of the day avoiding each other. Later that night, I came down here by myself to think. I must have been out here for a couple of hours, when he showed up..."

Scully sat down on a flat rock. "He came looking for you?"

"Yeah. We...sort of had it out. I made him admit to his fears...then I got upset when he did. Stupid. I pushed him into telling me what had gotten him so upset the day before. He said that he was trying to deal with it on his own, but he felt useless and unnecessary. I apologized and told him that he should never feel that way and I pleaded with him to work with me and help me save our relationship. I don’t know what it was exactly that got through to him, but from that point on, things turned around. We uh..." he glanced briefly at Scully. "We ended up making love that night, here on the beach...I was afraid to at first...I couldn’t stand the thought of the pain he’d suffer but...he needed to, and I wish I could explain it to you better than that, because I can see where you might think that I’m just rationalizing, to cover up for my own weakness, but I’m not. Umm...he brought me to a mind-blowing orgasm and though I really did expect to be eaten up with guilt, and comforting him half the night, it didn’t happen that way. It took a little time, but he came, too. And it was explosive." He smiled, eyes glistening as he recounted the story. "We held on to each other and cried for the longest time...and things have been great ever since."

"I can see it in his face. Yours too." She drew a deep breath and released it. "I’m so glad it’s over. I know it sounds cliché but, he would be completely lost without you."

Alex turned to her. "That’s the way I feel about him. Scully, I want you to know. I mean, I want you to really know...he means everything in the world to me and I’m with him for as long as he wants me to be."

Scully gave him a brilliant smile. "Then you guys are going to grow old and gray together...or bald."

Alex wrinkled his nose. "Bald? Bite your tongue." He motioned with his head in the direction of the house. "I want to get back before he wakes up and wonders where we are."

Scully’s voice stopped him as he turned to leave.

"Hard to believe that less than a year ago, I was positive that you were the dirty rat I’d always thought you to be and that you were using my partner to some devious end."

Alex smiled in the darkness. "Thank you for accepting me. I know how hard it must have been. I couldn’t blame you if you never trusted me."

They began to walk toward the house.

"I’m hard to convince Alex, but when I’ve got hard proof right in front of me, I can’t ignore it. I’d have to be seriously blind not to see that you love him."

They reached the house and Alex headed straight for the sofa and his still sleeping Fox. Scully stood at a distance, smiling uncontrollably, as she watched Alex kneel beside the sofa. He scattered several small kisses across Mulder’s face then leaned back and watched as a flash of hazel...no... tonight it was green...became visible under the heavy lids.

"Come on, lisa." He petted the soft hair. "Let’s get you up to bed."

Mulder shifted and struggled to open his eyes. "How long have I been asleep?"

"I don’t know, about an hour or so."

"Where’s Scully?"

She stepped forward. "I’m here."

He grinned sleepily. "Sorry. You fly all this way and I fall asleep on you."

"Shut up Mulder, and go to bed."

"Mmm hmm." His eyes drifted shut again.

"Fox." Alex shook his arm gently, then leaned over and brushed the tip of Mulder’s nose with his own. "Baby..."

"Hmm?"

"Bed."

"Getting up..."

"Sure, you are." Alex brought a hand under his back and pulled him into a sitting position. Once Alex had gotten him sufficiently roused, they headed for the stairs with Scully a few steps behind. They reached the landing and she turned toward the first door on the left.

"Goodnight, guys." She ruffled Mulder’s hair affectionately and smiled at Alex. "Get him into bed before he falls over."

Alex flashed her a grin and nodded.

"Night, Scully," Mulder mumbled before Alex steered him down the hall.

Once in their room, Alex gently but efficiently got Mulder undressed and put him to bed. He stripped his own clothes off and slid in under the sheet, pulling his nearly unconscious lover against his body. Mulder sighed softly and snuggled into Alex’s embrace.

"Want to fool around?" The barely audible voice came from somewhere under Alex’s chin. The rumble of his laughter vibrated against Mulder’s cheek.

"Go to sleep."

 

Go to part 3 of Paradise Found

Go back to part 1 of Paradise Found

Return to Fiction Page