1. Cope, Kenneth L. Makers of American Machinists Tools. 1st. ed. Mendham: Astragal Press, 1994.
2. Cope, Kenneth L. More Makers of American Machinists Tools. 1st. ed. Mendham: Astragal Press, 1998.
3. Nelson, Robert E., ed. Directory of American Toolmakers.1st. ed.:E.A.I.A.,1999.
4. Pollak, Emil, and Martyl Pollak. American Wooden Planes. 4th. ed. Mendan: Astragal Press, 2001. Revised by Thomas L. Elliott.
5. Cope, Kenneth L.,. American Wrench Makers, 1830-1915 . 1st. ed. Mendham: Astragal Press, 1999.
6. U.S. Geological Survey map, Middletown, Conn., 41072-E6-TF-024, 1965, revised 1992.
7. Beers, F. W. County Atlas Of Middletown . Town and South Farms district of Middletown, Conn. . New York: F. W. Beers & Co., 1874.
8. Illustrated Catalogue The Stiles & Parkrt Press Co.. 1 ed., 1890.
9. The Sentinel and Witness, Middletown, Conn. Wednesday, November 25, 1840.
10. 1877 reprint map, D.H. Bailey & CO.
11. Prue, Bernard P. Nathan Starr Arms. 1st. ed. Salem: Higginson Book Company, 1999.
12. . A.J. Wilkinson & CO. Illustrated Catalog. :c. 1857, reprint MWTCA, 2001.
13. Wyman, Thomas. "Slide Rules of the Stanley Rule and Level Company and other American Makers." The Chronicle of the Early American Industries Association, 2001: 114.
14. Beers, J. B. History of Middlesex County Conn. 1635-1885. New York: J.B. Beers & Co., 1884.
15. Middletown Vital Records from Barbour, 1668-1852 - A Transcribed by Coralynn Brown. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~jdevlin/barbour/middletown_barbour_a.htm
16. Siskind,, Janet. Rum & Axes. 1st. ed. Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2002.
17. Middlesex Gazette, June 8, 1815.
18. CD Map Collection, 1877 reprint map, D. H. Bailey & CO.
19. Wyman, Tom, Slide Rules of the Stanley Rule & Level Company and other American Makers. The Chronicle of the Early American Industries Association, Volume 54, Number 3, Sept. 2001.
20. Bacheller, JR., Milton H. American Marking Gages. 1st. ed. : , 2000.
21. Scientific American. / New Series, Volume 14, Issue 7, Scientific American, Feb 10, 1866.
22. Scientific American. / New Series, Volume 19, Issue 19, Scientific American, Nov 4, 1868
23. Jacob, Walter W. "The Stanley Rule & Level Company ." The Chronicle of the Early American Industries Association, 1988.
24. The Connecticut Patents Project <http://www.cslib.org/patent.htm>
25. 1850 census.
26. 1860 census.
27. 1870 census.
28. 1880 census.
30. Whose Family is it Anyway? owned by Irene Clough Hahn MNtoAZ@mchsi.com <http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~whosefamilyisit/anthonyames.htm>.
31. City of Middletown, Design review and preservation board. <http://www.middletownplanning.com/Committees/DRPB/historicpropertieslist.html>.
32. Elliott, Thomas L. A Field Guide to the Makers of American Wooden Planes. 1st. ed. Mendham: Astragal Press, 2003.
33. Penfield, Paul JR., Penfield Family, Created 5 Feb 2005 by Reunion, from Leister Productions, Inc. 11 Oct. 2005, <http://www.penfield.fm/genealogy/wc_toc.html>
34. Thetford Corporation. 2002. Designed by Sites & Sounds. <http://www.thetford.com/thetford_home.cfm>.
35. Mystic Seaport. All rights reserved. 2005 Web Design & Web Development by Global Cloud® < http://www.mysticseaport.org/library/manuscripts/coll/coll231/coll231.html>
36. , , ed. Middletown City Directory Year. Hartford: Fitzgerald, Dillon and co, 1877.
37. , , ed. Middletown City Directory Year. Hartford: Fitzgerald and co, 1878.
38. , , ed. Middletown City Directory Year. Hartford: Fitzgerald and co, 1879.
39. THE MIDDLETOWN (CONN.) PRESS, Tuesday Evening, October 29, 1974.
40. Walling, H.F.. "Map of Middlesex County Connecticut."1859. H. & C. T. Smith New York.
41. Cope, Kenneth. American lathe builders 1810-1910. 1st ed. Mendham: Astragal Press, 2001.
42. Delaney, Edmund. Life in The Connecticut River Valley 1800-1840. 1st,. Essex: Connecticut River Museum, 1988. Page 62.
43. Connecticut Town Birth records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection) 1850, <http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/? htx=View&r=an&dbid=1034&iid=VBMDUSACT1634_0027-0033&fn=Thomas&In=Libby&st=r&ssrc=&pid=200545>
44. Image Source: Year: 1880; Census Place: Cromwell, Middlesex, Connecticut; Roll: T9_102; Family History Film: 1254102; Page: 288.4000; Enumeration District: 78; Image: 0562.
45. Connecticut's Representation at Philadelphia, 1876. (1877). In Souvenir of the Centennial Exhibition (1st. ed., Hartford, CT.: Geo. B. Curtis. Page 127.
46. E. W. Bliss Company and The Stiles & Parker Press, 1st. ed. American Bank Note CO., New York, 1905.
47. Decker, Robert Owen with Margaret A. Harris, Cromwell Connecticut 1655-1990, the history of a riverport town. The Cromwell Historical Society. West Kennebunk: Phoenix. 1991. Print.
48. Beers, J. H. Commemorative Biographical Record of Middlesex County Connecticut. Chicago, 1903. CD.
49. ,,ed. Middletown City Directory. Hartford: Fitzgerald, Dillon and Co., Geo.L.Coburn Steam Print, 171. Print.
50. Hart, Samuel, ed. encyclopedia of Connecticut biography, genealogical-memorial; representitive citizens, American Historical Society Inc., New York, 1917. Web.
51. William H. Carr & CO., American Manufactured Hardware, Reprint, William Brown, 1838. Print.
52. , , ed. Middletown City Directory Year1869-70. Fitzgerald, Dillon and Co. Hartford. Print.
53. Machinery, Volume 22 edited by Lester Gray French, 1916, Princeton Corp. Web 2010.
54. , , ed. Middletown City Directory Year 1885-86. Price, Lee & Co. New Haven. Print.
55. , Webb's New England Railway and Manufacturers' Statistical Gazetteer, Webb Brothers & Co. Providence Press Co. Providence. 1869. Print.
56. , , ed. Middletown City Directory Year1882-83. Print.
57. , , ed. Middletown City Directory Year1887-88. Print.
58. Souvenir of the Centennial exhibition: or, Connecticut's representation at Philadelphia, 1876. Embracing a condensed history of the origin and progress of the great international exhibition . Pub George D. Curtis, Hartford, 1877, Google eBook. 2011.
59. , The Connecticut Business Directory, George Adams Pub. Boston, 1856. Google ebook.
60. Connecticut History Online. May 2001. Connecticut Historical Society, Thomas J. Dodd Research Center at the University of Connecticut, and Mystic Seaport. Map. <15 Jan. 2012, <http://www.cthistoryonline.org/cdm-cho/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/cho&CISOPTR=16550&CISOBOX=1&REC=20 >
61. Bernard Prue, E. W. N. STARR & CO. 1846-1848 MIDDLETOWN, CONN., Plane Talk. V. XIV, No. 1, Spring 1990.
62. Beers, W. F., County Atlas of Middlesex Connecticut. New York, 1874. CD.
63. Merwins' Connecticut River Business Directory For 1867-8. H. Merwin Pub. Hartford 1867. CD.
64. Public acts passed by the Gen. assembly state of Connecticut, Hornblower, Byrne, Miller, and Potter, New York City, 1905, Google e-book 5 May 2013.
65. Middlesex Gazette, Middletown, CT.
66. , , ed. Middletown City Directory Year1875-76. Fitzgerald, Dillon and Co. Hartford. Page 66. Ebook.
67. Connecticut Business Directory 1851. J. H. Benham Pub. New Haven. 1851. Print.
68. Connecticut. Special Acts And Resolutions of the State of Connecticut , Eldridge, John B. Printer, Hartford. 1837. Ebook.
69. Donlan, H. F., The Middletown Tribune Souvenir Edition, E. F. Bigelow, 1896. Print.
72. Jones, A. D., The Illustrated Commercial, Mechanical, Professional, and Statistical Gazetteer and Business-book of Connecticut, for 1857-8, V1. T. J. Stafford, Hartford 1857.
73. Springfield Republican 13 Feb. 1872.
74. Connecticut Business Directory, 1866. Briggs & Co. Pub. Boston. 1866. Print.
75. Connecticut Business Directory, 1871. Briggs & Co. Pub. Boston. 1871. Print.
76. Connecticut Business Directory, 1876. Briggs & Co. Pub. Boston. 1876. Print.
77. Connecticut Business Directory, 1885. Briggs & Co. Pub. Boston. 1885. Print.
78. Connecticut Business Directory, 1873. Briggs & Co. Pub. Boston. 1873. Print.
Back Home To return to the main page or use the back button on your browser the return to the previous page.
If you have information to add or comments please email them to me.
© 2019 Richard D. Dickerson. All Rights Reserved.