State Road No. 7 North Central Highway began at its junction with State Road No. 3 Inland Empire Highway in Ellensburg and headed east, crossing the Columbia River at Vantage. The ferry at Vantage was replaced by a bridge in 1926. From the east side of the Columbia, the North Central Highway headed northeasterly to Burke (near George), then northerly to Quincy. State Road No. 10 Chelan-Okanogan Highway headed westerly then northwesterly From Quincy to Wenatchee. State Road No. 7 continued easterly from Quincy to Ephrata, Soap Lake, Odessa and Harrington, ending at Jct. State Road No. 2. Sunset Highway at Davenport.
In 1937 State Road No. 7 was redesignated as Primary State highway 7.
Primary State Hwys Secondary State Hwys
State Roads 1923-37