|Shows and Events|
Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley
Appearances (Times Vary) Shake hands or take a photo with Harry,
Hermione, Hagrid, and the Weasley's as they do their shopping on Diagon
Alley. Or have Gilderoy Lockhart sign his autograph at his salon. After
dark, Scabbers and You-Know-Who are sometimes seen in Knockturn Alley.
And Quirrel, Hagrid and other witches and wizards like to hang out in the
Leaky Cauldron or Entry Plaza.
(1) Star Fountain (Continuous)The show never ends here in the Entry Plaza at the edge of Diagon Alley, where the star fountain produces enchanting effects for new arrivals. Characters also make occasional appearances here to pose for photos.
(Varies) Diagon Alley Street Magic (2:00 & 8:00 pm) Street magicians perform tricks along Diagon Alley and demonstrate the latest charms in shops twice daily. Larry Anderson performs the first Friday evening of each month, and David Blaine performs on Saturday evenings in the summer.
of the Guards (11:00 am) Tourists cluster in front of Buckingham
Palace, around the Queen Victoria Monument, and down Royal Road for a glimpse
at her Majestyís Royal Horse guard.
(Varies) Character Appearances (Times Vary) Parents, get your cameras ready for a snapshot of your little one hugging Bugs, Tweety, Sylvester, Daffy or another Loony Tunes Character at the Palace Promenade or in London Square.
(London Square) Highland Fling (12:00 pm) Al fresco diners canít resist tapping their feet and clapping their hands when Scottish performers dance to the tune of bagpipes, drums and flutes in London Square.
(118) Ministry of Magic (10:30 am; 2:00, 3:30, 6:00, 8:00 pm) The faded sign outside reads "Department Store" to Muggles, but itís really the Ministry of Magic theater, where the ministers put on a magical variety show with smashing special effects.
(Varies) Street Performers (10:00 am, 5:00 pm) Living statues, fire breathers, musicians, jesters, and jugglers perform along the Palace Promenade and in London Square for your entertainment. Photo
Character Appearances (Times
Vary) Keep an eye out for visiting professors, students, the Weasley
twins, and Hagrid along High Street. They usually donít mind posing for
wizard pictures, either.
(35) Folk Music (7:00 to 8:30 pm) Youíll find yourself singing along with English and Irish folk tunes belted out by the British singer / guitarist by the fireplace at the large but cozy Three Broomsticks pub. Special events held on St. Patrick's Day, Guy Fawkes Day, and during other notable British holidays.
Godric's Hollow and Environs
Appearances (Times Vary) Gryffindor House members past
and present, including Godric Gryffindor himself, gather around the Lion
Fountain for handshakes and photos with park guests.
(83) Harry Potter Live! (1:00, 3:30, 5:00, 8:00 pm) Harry settles to bed in Gryffindor tower, then awakens to discover that Hogwarts is under attack. Will he and his friends have to defend the castle against dark magic single-handedly, or is it all just a dream? This action packed performance is loaded with special effects, culminating in a wizardís duel between Harry and You-Know-Who.
(92) Lion Fountain (Continuous) The play of light on water never ends at this magnificent fountain located in the heart of Godric's Hollow. A Gryffindor Lion stands guard atop the fountain's waterfall.
(94) McGonagallís Chess Board (10:30 am, 5:00 pm) After retrieving the Sorcererís Stone, Harry convinced McGonagall to move her chess board to a location in Godricís Hollow so spectators could enjoy watching the life-size action and exciting duels without fear of being sacked by the Queen.
The Forbidden Forest
|(58) Magical Creatures Theater (11:30 am; 1:30, 4:30, 6:30 pm) Hagrid hosts as magical creatures, including Buckbeak, Norbert, Fluffy, Crookshanks, and Fang, entertain in this enchanting show featuring special effects, and toe- (or paw-) tapping rhythms.|
Hogwarts School and grounds
|* Denotes class sessions
designed especially for older adolescents and "faculty" (adult guests).
(80) The Aviary Stage (11:30 am; 3:00, 5:00 pm, weather permitting) A falconry wizard will demonstrate how owls, falcons, hawks, and other birds of prey hunt and fly. Scabbers, beware! Photos
(76, 3rd Floor) Charms Class (11:00 am, 2:30 pm) Professor Flitwick demonstrates various charms, including the invisibility and reappearance charms, and attempts to instruct his students in a bit of Muggle magic, as well. Pre-registration and payment of class fee required. More Information.
(76, Dungeons) Deathday Party (7:00 pm, *10:00 pm) Join Nearly Headless Nick and friends in the dungeons for tombstone cake, spider sandwiches, fish pâté, dead men's knuckles, and butterbeer, for a small fee. Pre-registration and payment of party fee required. More Information.
(76, 4th Floor) Defense Against the Dark Arts Class (1:30, 3:30, *4:00 pm) Professors Lupin and Moody teach students to defend themselves against trolls, pixies and other creatures using magic, cunning and self-defense. Requests for a particular professor will be honored if possible. Pre-registration and payment of class fee required. More Information.
(76, 5th Floor) Divination Class (*11:00 am, 2:30, 6:00 pm ) Professor Trelawney teaches the basics of palmistry, numerology & tea leaf reading in her class at the top of Slytherin tower. Pre-registration and payment of class fee required. More Information.
(76, Great Hall) Dumbledoreís Toast (12:30, 6:30 pm) The professors dine at the High Table on a dais in the Great Hall following a quirky toast by Headmaster Albus Dumbledore. In the evening, the toast is followed by an unusual rendition of the Hogwarts' School Song during which professors and students may choose to sing to any of a number of tunes. Park guests are encouraged to sing along as well.
(82) Enchanted Evening Fireworks (9:00 pm, weather permitting) Youíll be able to see these spectacular nightly fireworks from anywhere in the park, but the best seats are at the Quidditch Field. Photo
(82) First Year Quidditch (4:00 pm, weather permitting) First year students arenít allowed to fly, but they have their own earthbound version of the famous wizarding sport. After the demonstration, guest volunteers can participate in the fun, too.
(79) Herbology Class (10:00 am; 2:30, *6:00 pm) Professor Sprout explains the role of plants in alchemy and medicine, while displaying "magical" plants in the Greenhouse. Students also repot specimens for home experimentation. Pre-registration and fee payment required. More Information.
(82) Hogwarts Parade (8:30 pm, weather permitting) Watch from the bleachers as Dumbledore leads professors, students and House mascots on a parade around the Quidditch field, accompanied by the Hogwarts Magic Marching Band and a host of magical creatures.
(76, 1st Floor) Hogwarts Tour (Every 15 - 30 minutes) A Hogwarts prefect will give you a free tour of Hogwarts castle from its dungeons to its observatory tower. Tour groups leave from the Entrance Hall approximately every fifteen minutes during peak periods, every half hour otherwise. The short tour lasts approximately thirty minutes and takes the elevators. The long tour lasts approximately fifty minutes and uses the stairs. Both tours end in the Astronomy Tower.
(76, 4th Floor) Magical Symbols Class (12:00, 4:00 pm) Learn about heraldry and runes from a Society for Creative Anachronism wizard, then create your own coat of arms. Pre-registration and payment of class fee required. More Information.
(76, Common Rooms) Open House (3:00 to 6:00 pm) Invite your friends to your House Common Room or visit theirs. House members can act as hosts, accompanying up to three guests at a time to their own common rooms for a friendly visit. Open House may be suspended on certain occasions (Halloween, for example). Hosts must have a House Membership card or the appropriate House insignia on the Season's Pass and must know the password in order to enter with guests, for whom they are responsible. More Information.
(76, Dungeons) Potions Class (11:30 am; 2:30, 3:30 & *5:00 pm) Join Professor Snape in the dungeons for a hands-on magical chemistry class. Class project varies. Pre-registration and payment of class fee required. More Information.
(76, Great Hall) Sorting Ceremony (9:30 & 10:30 am; 9:30 & *10:30 pm ) New Hogwarts students are sorted into houses by a talking hat before joining their house tables for a toast. Pre-registration and fee payment required. More Information.
(76, 4th Floor) Story Time (9:45 am, 2:45 pm) Madam Pince reads a fairy tale or fantasy book in the Library. Free attendance; no registration required. Young children will enjoy coming here with their parents while waiting for the Sorting Hat Ceremony or while an older sibling attends a class.
(76, 4th Floor) Transfiguration (2:30 pm) Professor McGonagall performs several transfigurations for her first year students, then instructs them on how to affect a simple transfiguration themselves . Pre-registration and fee payment required. More Information.