Descendants of John B. Fondren
John B. Fondren was born 1781 in NC, and died Aft 1850 in Dallas Co. TX. He married Kezie Roberts April 26, 1803 in Rutherford Co. NC, daughter of Morriss Roberts and unknown wife.
Children of John and Kezie Fondren are:
Amaretta Fondren was born Abt 1817 in Rutherford Co. NC, and died Abt 1870 in Calhoun Co. MS. She married Ezekiel Henderson Hardin 1839 in Tuscaloosa Co. AL, son of Jacob Hardin and Anna Beason.
- Jane Fondren, born 1804 in Rutherford Co. NC; died 1866 in Dallas Co. TX. She married Osburn Love May 15, 1825 in Rutherford Co. NC.
- Unity Fondren, born Abt 1808 in Rutherford Co. NC. She married Josiah Covington February 05, 1828 in Rutherford Co. NC.
- Whitmon C. H. Fondren, born Abt 1810 in Rutherford Co. NC; died Bef 1852 in Chickasaw Co. MS. He married Melissa E. Powell May 10, 1835 in Rutherford Co. NC.
- William Butler Fondren, born January 17, 1811 in Rutherford Co. NC; died October 19, 1863 in Parker Co. TX. He married Susannah Black Abt 1833 in NC.
- John R. Fondren, born March 10, 1813 in Rutherford Co. NC; died May 25, 1906 in Palo Pintos Co. TX. He married Jane S. Tharpe September 15, 1835 in Tuscaloosa Co. AL.
- Amaretta Fondren, born Abt 1817 in Rutherford Co. NC; died Abt 1870 in Calhoun Co. MS. (see below)
- Miranda Fondren, born February 29, 1820 in Rutherford Co. NC; died December 29, 1904 in Calhoun Co. MS. (see below)
- Nimrod L. Fondren, born March 14, 1823 in Rutherford Co. NC; died April 02, 1917 in Parker Co. TX. (see below)
- Morris R. Fondren, born June 28, 1825 in NC; died August 10, 1867 in Dallas Co. TX. He married Milly.
Children of Ezekiel and Amaretta Hardin are:
Miranda Fondren was born February 29, 1820 in Rutherford Co. NC, and died December 29, 1904 in Calhoun Co. MS. She married Austin Horace Martin Abt 1840, son of William Martin and Hannah Irvin. After Austin died, Miranda had children with Jonathan Hardin whose wife had become mentally ill.
- Coleman Hardin, born Abt 1840 in AL.
- Jane Hardin, Jenny, born Abt 1841 in MS.
- Carroll Hardin, born April 01, 1843 in Calhoun Co. MS (Spring Hill); died August 27, 1905 in Round Timber, TX. He married Nancy L. Hannah.
- Collins Hardin, born Abt 1845 in MS.
- Sarah A. Hardin, born Abt 1848 in MS.
- John J. Hardin, born Abt 1850 in MS. He married Mary.
- George M. Hardin, born Abt 1850 in MS.
- William Austin Hardin, born Abt 1853 in MS. He married Sara.
- Bailey Hardin, born Abt 1856 in MS.
Children of Austin and Miranda Martin are:
Children of Miranda (Fondren) Martin and Jonathan Hardin are:
- John Rufus Martin, James, born 1841 in MS; died 1863. He married Nancy 1859.
- Mary Elizabeth Martin, born 1843 in MS; died 1928. She married William Austin Adams.
- Sarah Margaret Martin, born 1845; died 1847.
- Hannah Kisziah Martin, born 1846 in MS; died 1856.
- Emily Jane Martin, born 1849 in MS; died 1924. She married William Henry Hawkins.
- William Eskridge Martin, born 1851; died 1856.
- Johnny Austin Martin, born 1855; died 1936. He married (1) Caldonia Waters. He married (2) Louisa T. Hawkins (sister of William Henry Hawkins) December 24, 1873.
Nimrod L. Fondren was born March 14, 1823 in Rutherford Co. NC, and died April 02, 1917 in Parker Co. TX. He married Cinthia J. Kinney 1848 in Chickasaw Co. MS.
- Felix Young Martin, born June 01, 1858 in MS.; died November 01, 1904. He married (1) Ella Ferguson. He married (2) Violet Jackson Josephine Orr January 10, 1881 in Yalobusha Co. MS..
- Frances Missouri Martin, born February 13, 1860 in MS.; died June 26, 1930 in Lamar Co. TX. She married (1) Willis Nathaniel Wofford Abt 1877. She married (2) John Fletcher Carroll December 24, 1885.
- Wiley Martin, born 1864; died 1921. He married Sarah Angiline Dye.
Child of Nimrod Fondren and Cinthia Kinney is:
- Kissiah Fondren, born Abt 1849 in MS.
Craven County Book S4, Pages 198-200, December 25, 1772: John Fondren of Craven Co. SC, to John Dover of same, for 200 Pounds "south money," all that plantation grant of land on east side of Broad River on both sides of the High Sole, a branch of Kings Creek adjacent line of James Fannings late survey, 300 acres, near Stephen Philips path. John Fondren (LS), Wit: William Britton, Jacob Gardner. Proved in Craven Co. by the oath of Jacob Gardner before John Brown, January 2, 1773. Recorded July 29, 1775.
Rutherford Co. Wills & Misc. Records 1783-1868: p. 131, June 9, 1830, Abel Hardin, wife Margaret, negro woman named Sarah & her four children, Edward, Nelson, Selah & Charlotte. To my two sons: Dial & Davis Hardin, 160 acres, exec. Zachariah Earles, Wit: J. Foudron (John Fondren), jurat. William Roberts.
July 1789 Court case: Frances Adams Esq. against John Fondren. Find for plaintiff L.50 w/costs of suit.
Who is Howard Fondren b. 1808 SC d. 1898 m. Sarah Wherthy b. 1810 SC son: William Verge Fondren
Back to Martin Page
Any comments or corrections to this information would be greatly appreciated. Please send them to me... Jeffrey Lee Martin