Descendants of Jacob A. Collins, Sr.
Generation No. 1
Jacob A. Collins, Sr. was born Abt 1750, and died May 01, 1795 in Cleveland Co. NC.. He married Mary Martin, daughter of William Martin of Chatham Co. NC and unknown wife. (Mary's maiden name is still unproven. I am looking for ANY proof other than the August 1859 court case, filed by Elizabeth Collins Roberts, which refers to uncles of Mary named Thomas & William Martin.
Children of Jacob Collins and Mary Martin are:
- William Collins, born Abt 1775 in NC. (see below)
- Elizabeth Collins, born June 20, 1781 in NC; died August 05, 1871 in Cleveland Co. NC.. (see below)
- Mary Collins, born 1784-1790. (see below)
- Jacob A. Collins, Jr., born 1788 in Lincoln Co. NC; died February 09, 1866 in Cherokee Co. GA. (see below)
Generation No. 2
William Collins (Jacob A.2, 1) was born Abt 1775 in NC. He married Susannah Hardin, Ann Abt 1796.
Children of William Collins and Susannah Hardin are:
- Isaac Collins, born 1797 in NC. He married Frances Logan October 03, 1815 in Lincoln Co. NC.
- William James Collins, born November 25, 1798 in NC; died October 1864 in Bartow Co. GA.
- Mary Collins, born 1801 in NC; died September 10, 1852 in Cleveland Co. NC.. She married George Perry Langford July 24, 1827.
- Thomas Collins, born 1804. He married Nancy.
- Ransom Collins, born November 14, 1806 in Lincoln Co. NC.; died October 31, 1890 in Benton Co. AK.. He married Rhoda Martin Bef 1829 in SC.
- Davis Collins, born January 12, 1809 in NC; died August 08, 1884 in Bount Co. AL (Blountsville). He married Nancy Martin.
- Wiley Harris Collins, born 1812 in NC; died 1851 in Gilmer Co. GA. He married Nancy Martin.
- Susannah Collins, born August 26, 1814 in NC; died in Bartow Co. GA (White). She married (1) Berryman Martin. She married (2) Anderson Martin.
(li> Jacob A. Collins, born 1817 in NC; died August 26, 1904 in Cherokee Co. GA (Greely). He married Sarah.
- Elizabeth Collins, born 1823. She married William Martin, son of Thomas Jr..
Elizabeth Collins (Jacob A.2, 1) was born June 20, 1781 in NC, and died August 05, 1871 in Cleveland Co. NC.. She married Thomas Roberts September 01, 1800 in Lincoln Co. NC.
Children of Elizabeth Collins and Thomas Roberts are:
- Martin C. Roberts.
- Lincey Roberts. She married N. A. Jackson.
- Jacob Roberts.
Mary Collins (Jacob A.2, 1) was born 1784-1790. She married Young John Hardin February 14, 1808.
Child of Mary Collins and Young Hardin is:
Jacob A. Collins, Jr. (Jacob A.2, 1) was born 1788 in Lincoln Co. NC, and died February 09, 1866 in Cherokee Co. GA. He married Ginna Hardin March 17, 1807 in Rutherford Co. NC, daughter of David Hardin and Hannah.
- daughter Hardin, born 1808-1810.
Children of Jacob Collins and Ginna Hardin are:
Back to Martin Page
- Thomas Roberts Collins, born May 03, 1812 in Lincoln Co. NC; died December 03, 1884 in Cherokee Co. GA. He married Sarrah A. Gladden in Lincoln Co. NC.
- David Hardin Collins, born 1816 in Lincoln Co. NC; died March 26, 1890 in Whitfield Co. GA. He married (1) Sarah Ann Jefferson July 22, 1847 in Cherokee Co. GA. He married (2) Rebecca Ann Phillips November 03, 1869 in Gordon Co. GA.
- Moses G. Collins, born 1820 in Lincoln Co. NC; died February 14, 1886 in Whitfield Co. GA. He married (1) Mary M. Hill in Whitfield Co. GA. He married (2) Louisa Carroll October 26, 1866 in Whitfield Co. GA.
Any comments or corrections to this information would be greatly appreciated. Please send them to me... Jeffrey Lee Martin