Descendants of Abednego Adams III
Generation No. 1
Abednego Adams III (Abednego4, Abednego3, Francis2, Francis1) was born November 1769 in probably Fairfax Co. VA, and died February 07, 1858 in Earl, Rutherford Co. NC. He married Frances Rippy, Fanny, daughter of Edward Rippy and Susannah Thomas.
Children of Abednego Adams and Frances Rippy are:
- Elgin Adams. He married Bethiah Hardin Abt 1835 in Tuscaloosa Co. AL..
- Elizabeth Adams, born 1800-1810 in Rutherford Co. NC; died 1820. (see below)
- Francis Adams. He married Cynthia.
- Frank Adams, died Abt 1813.
- John Adams. He married Hexrey Cox January 01, 1819.
- Martin Adams, died Abt 1813.
- William Adams, born Abt 1795 in NC; died Abt 1871. (see below)
- Mary Adams, Polly, born May 29, 1799 in NC; died October 12, 1880 in Calhoun Co. MS. (see below)
- Azariah Adams, Aza, born 1814 in Rutherford Co. NC; died 1843 in Choctaw Co. MS. (see below)
Generation No. 2
Elizabeth Adams (Abednego5, Abednego4, Abednego3, Francis2, Francis1) was born 1800-1810 in Rutherford Co. NC, and died 1820. She married Thomas Moreland.
Child of Elizabeth Adams and Thomas Moreland is:
William Adams (Abednego5, Abednego4, Abednego3, Francis2, Francis1) was born Abt 1795 in NC, and died Abt 1871. He married Elizabeth Martin, Betsy Abt 1815 in Lincoln Co. NC, daughter of William Martin and Hannah Irvin.
- Elias Moreland, born Abt 1806 in Rutherford Co. NC.
Children of William Adams and Elizabeth Martin are:
Mary Adams, Polly (Abednego5, Abednego4, Abednego3, Francis2, Francis1) was born May 29, 1799 in NC, and died October 12, 1880 in Calhoun Co. MS. She married James Martin, Rev. August 13, 1815 in Lincoln Co. NC, son of William Martin and Hannah Irvin.
- Salina Adams, born Abt 1818. She married Stroup.
- daughter Adams, born Abt 1820; died 1820.
- Iverson G. Adams, born Abt 1826 in NC.. He married Louisa.
- Oliver P. Adams, born Abt 1828 in NC.
- daughter Adams, born Abt 1830; died 1830.
- Sydney Adams, born Abt 1830 in NC.. He married Martha.
- James Adams, born Abt 1834.
- Jane Adams, born Abt 1836 in NC..
- William Austin Adams, born Abt 1839 in NC.; died Abt 1901. He married (1) Mary Elizabeth Martin. He married (2) Mary 1860.
- Mary Adams, born Abt 1841.
Children of Mary Adams and James Martin are:
Azariah Adams, Aza (Abednego5, Abednego4, Abednego3, Francis2, Francis1) was born 1814 in Rutherford Co. NC, and died 1843 in Choctaw Co. MS. He married Mary Runyan August 18, 1833 in Rutherford Co. NC.
- Oliver Harrison Perry Martin, Sr., born September 08, 1816 in NC; died May 11, 1862 in Saltillo, MS.. He married Edy.
- Unity Martin, born July 13, 1818 in NC.; died Aft 1880. She married Henry Hampton Houser July 09, 1837 in Chickasaw Co. MS..
- William Adams Martin, son of James, born July 01, 1820 in NC.; died December 18, 1878 in Webster Co. MS.. He married Elizabeth Davis, Lizzie April 1841.
- Simeon Eskridge Martin, born September 06, 1822 in Lincoln Co. NC; died January 06, 1839 in MS.
- James Monroe Martin, born January 22, 1825 in AL; died Bef 1900 in TX. He married (1) Sarah. He married (3) Martha Sparks March 12, 1847 in Yalobusha Co. MS.
- Abednego Adams Martin, born February 21, 1827; died January 21, 1839 in MS.
- Hannah Martin, born February 15, 1829.
- Robert Elgin Martin, born January 17, 1831 in Green Co. AL; died February 15, 1876 in Calhoun Co. MS.. He married Mary Armilda Harold February 15, 1848 in Calhoun Co. MS..
- Thomas Neeley Martin, born March 25, 1833 in Green Co. AL; died December 03, 1864. He married Sarah A. Thompson April 19, 1861.
- Middleton H. Martin, born May 09, 1835 in Chickasaw Co. MS.; died February 13, 1925 in Calhoun Co. MS.. He married Parthenia Houser October 30, 1856.
- Austin M. Martin, Ault, born October 21, 1838 in Chicasaw Co. MS. He married Drucilla.
- Jackson Van Buren Martin, born August 12, 1840 in Chickasaw Co. MS; died September 13, 1923 in Chickasaw Co. Ms. He married (1) R. S. Little. He married (2) Roseltha Anne Minerva Lowrey October 09, 1867.
- Jesse Benton Martin, born October 14, 1843 in Chicasaw Co. MS; died October 26, 1918 in Lafayette Co. MS. He married (1) Nancy Long. He married (2) Mary Clementine Phillips February 16, 1885.
Children of Azariah Adams and Mary Runyan are:
Back to Martin Page
- Cornelius Adams, born January 13, 1837 in Rutherford Co. NC; died September 21, 1877 in Choctaw Co. MS (Ackerman). He married Margaret A. Watson.
- Quincy Adams, born January 22, 1839 in Rutherford Co. NC; died May 07, 1922 in Choctaw Co. MS. He married Catherine A. Griffin December 22, 1857.
- Sarah Adams, Sally, born March 04, 1841.
- Sousan Adams, born 1843.
Any comments or corrections to this information would be greatly appreciated. Please send them to me... Jeffrey Lee Martin