We Can Make It Group!
Now Playing: "Lean On Me," by Bill Withers
Topic: General Info
The We Can Make It Group is a grassroots establishment designed to help anyone needing a way to lift themselves up to a higher expression of good, no matter their present situation in life. The apparent lack of finances, health, resources, or creative ability need not hamper anyone's ability to be a viable part of our group and take equal part in any way. What you don't know, we can help you to learn, and what you don't have we can help you in overcoming. And most importantly, we can help you find the natural beauty and strength that's in YOU.
In an effort to meet our mission of helping to Give Folk Medicine Back to the Folks, we are Teaching People to Teach People to Teach about natural health, and about how to make simple natural products for everyday use. It is always better for your health to use all natural products, instead of using products with more and more chemicals and toxins to meet our basic needs. We make products like soaps, skin care products, first aid kits, household cleaners, pet products, and so many, many more things!
The Can Make It Group also offers a fabulous way for individuals and groups to make money. Aren't FUNdraisers more fun when they're FUN? Aren't they more worthwhile when the group is learning something valuable and laughing and working together making products that will help bring people closer to the goodness that nature provides?
The products we will be making are reflective of the beauty in all of God's creation. We believe in the natural goodness of what has been given to us in nature, and we strive to create products for sale that will bring this goodness into all of our lives.
In our sessions, we not only learn how to make products, but we also learn why natural products are better for us, and how to incorporate these changes into our lives. The information and knowledge being passed on in this group is information that could help you to live in a much healthier, happier way!
We Can Make It...it's more than just a good name. It's our commitment to you.
· To participants
o Learn more about natural health
o Learn how to make natural products to use in your everyday life
o Earn money for self, family, or special causes or opt to receive products for free in return for your talent and time
o Develop leadership skills
o Gain job experience
o Put in as much or as little time as you’d like
o Develop the outlet of creative expression
o Enjoy the company of others and have a great time
§ One way to not only feel better, but also to actually see improvements in health, is to become involved in group activities - particularly creative endeavors.
· To consumers
o Non-toxic products
o Health rejuvenating products
o Quality ingredients
· To animals and the environment
o No toxic chemicals to produce or put back into the earth
o No animal by-products
o No animal testing
Structure of Group
· Educational component
o Presentation once every month (Examples below…)
§ The Healing Benefits of Camaraderie and Creativity
§ The healing benefits of natural products
· Aromatherapy vs. Neurotoxins
· What Goes on Your Skin Goes In
§ Common ingredients in conventional products
· Impurities and fillers
· Animal by-products
§ Relaxation and Health
§ Ways to incorporate natural products into everyday life
· Personal Care
§ How to make natural products
· Group instructed by nationally certified traditional naturopath
· Financial Arrangement
o 1/3 of all money taken in every month goes back to Essentials of Life
§ Advertising, program development, equipment, and other expenses
o 1/3 of all money taken in goes back into the group fund for supplies
§ Wholesale prices are set at approximately 3x the cost of ingredients and supplies used to make
o 1/3 of all money taken in is split amongst the participants
§ Time sheets to be submitted by participants showing how many hours each month they put into a project or projects giving a brief description of how time was spent
· Must be reasonable and productive time spent
o Receipts for any money put in
§ Pre-approval must be obtained in order to claim reimbursement
o Wholesale price of products is 2/3 of suggested retail
§ Receipts signed by vendor upon delivery
o Books to be reconciled at the beginning of every month for the previous month
o This is a free enrichment program offered through the Essentials of Life Holistic Enrichment Center. There is never a charge for the classes we give!
· Leadership Opportunities – Leadership experience gained which can be placed on resumes or used in future endeavors. People are needed in all areas of group involvement.
o Quality Control
o Record Keeping
o Group Organization
· All different skills are appreciated, such as sewing, cooking, artwork or simply just a willingness to learn!
· Children and youth can participate in some of our activities if they are interested and non-disruptive. We hope to have a program soon especially for kids.
· Everyone welcome. The only requirement is that you behave in a respectful and conscientious manner.
· The group may be held at different locations and at various times according to what works out best for each group. Each group may choose different projects, as well, and several projects may be going on at one time.
· The group’s progress depends upon group production and combined efforts at helping to market the products. Money to continue is raised through the sales.
· Only the official We Can Make It Group, a program of Essentials of Life, is entitled to use the group name. In this way we can maintain quality control over the products we offer for sale.
· Our mission is to Teach People to Teach People to Teach, in an effort to give Folk Medicine Back to the Folks! Our hope is to become more aware of God’s gifts of healing in nature and to pass it on as we go.
Right now we're meeting in Hartville, Ohio, and Wheeling, West Virginia. If you're in the area, please come!
What one person can't accomplish alone can often be done in a group!
Naturally Yours in Good Health,
Dr. Jody Eshelman, ND, CTN, CNHP, D.D.
Healing Ministries Director,
Essentials Of Life Holistic Enrichment Center