The mission of the Slidell Church Basketball League (SCBL) is
simple; to teach our youth that they are the future leaders of our
community and that we do care about them. To champion our cause, the
SCBL is offering one-time scholarships to selected graduating seniors
who participate in our League activities and demonstrate academic
ability, leadership, and character. Each applicant will have to
demonstrate a serious intention to enter into a formal degree program
at an accredited 2- or 4-year college or university.
Visit here to
find out who were the 2000 recipients.
Visit here to see who were the 1999 recipients.
In establishing these scholarships, we hope to provide an
opportunity to support the educational needs of our youth.
Administered successfully, our scholarship program will help our
organization to become a recognized benefactor for personal
development within the community.
Applicants must meet each of the following eligibility
- Full-time participation in League activities for which the
current scholarships are being offered (Team member, referee,
scorekeeper, concession-assistant, etc.).
- Graduating senior status at a local High School.
Applicants must submit all of the following requirements
to be considered for a scholarship:
- Completed Application Form
- Letter of Recommendation from a personal reference
- Xerox copy of High School
- Xerox copy of ACT and/or SAT
- Three (3) references (Minister, Teacher, and League Committee
The selection of scholarship recipients will be based on
the following criteria:
- Application Score based on academic performance, community
service, and quality of essay submission
- Results of a personal interview with the Scholarship
All applications must be submitted to the SCBL Scholarship
Committee by 18 May 1999. Scholarship recipients will be announced
at the annual Awards Banquet. Scholarships will be paid directly to
the college or university to be attended by the recipients.
Photographs submitted as part of the application requirements may be
used within the banquet program.