The American Fire Company #1 of Lansford was Chartered
in 1894 when a couple of residents saw the need for fire protection.
We were one of the first departments in what is now the PantherValley. In 1989,
a mutual aid agreement was made with Summit Hill and Coaldale Fire
Companies. This agreement was for all three departments were to
respond to all structure and dwelling fires in the three boroughs.
This agreement works out great with the lack of day time manpower.
Today we operate two 1500 GPM Engines, a 1500 GPM/ 75'
Quint, a Heavy Rescue, 6X6 Brush Unit,a Support Truck and a 1000 GPM Reserve Engine.