|Home||Apparatus||Members||Anthracite RIT||Photos||Memorial||Fireman's Prayer||Flashover Class||1940's||Links|
These are just some of the Apparatus we have used in the past. I will be adding additional photos in the future.
Click to Enlarge Photos
1988 Dodge Van Emergency Services Unit. Served up until January of 2007 when it was replaced.
1980 Mack CF 1000 GPM Engine. Served from 1979 to 2005 when it was replaced by the 2005 KME Engine. It has since been renumbered and used for Brush Fires, our Flashover Survival Class, and a Reserve Piece
1951 GMC/American Fire Equipment Rescue Truck Served from 1951 to 1999 when it was eventually replaced by the 1988 Mack/Saulsbury. The piece was recently sold to a collector in the Kutztown, PA area who is restoring it.
1924 Mack Bulldog Service Ladder Truck Carried Wooden ground ladders and a chemical tank and hose. Used up until 1956 when the company purchased the Peter Pirsch Ladder Truck. Current whereabouts unknown
1916 Ahrens Fox Steam Engine Truck was purchased in 1916. Was used up until the late 1960's to test hose. Sold to a collector in Mass. in 1999.
1916 American LaFrance Chemical Wagon This truck had a small chemical tank which contained an Alkaline Solution and a Acid Tank. When needed, the acid mixed with the Alkali causing pressure. Basically a large scale Soda/Acid Extinguisher. Also was used as a hose cart.
1924 Ahrens Fox Engine
1949 Ahrens Fox Engine Served the department up until 1982 when it was sold along with the 1937 Fox to a collector. This Fox was apparently destroyed in a fire several years ago. Replaced by the 1982 Pierce
1937 Ahrens Fox Engine Served until 1982 when it was sold along with the 1949 to a collector. Replaced by the 1982 Pierce
1956 Peter Pirsch Ladder Truck. Served until it was replace along with the 1971 Mack CF by the E-One Quint. Recently it was purchased by former Assistant Chief Geno Nardini and is Park outside of his Hook and Ladder Restaurant on Rt. 54 in Nesquehoning.
1971 Mack Engine Served until 1992 when it was replaced by the 1992 E-One Quint. Sold to South Ward Fire Company Tamaqua. It is currently owned by Columbia Fire Company in St. Clair PA
1991 Dodge Brush Truck. Was loaned to the department by the DFNR. Returned to the state when the GMC 6x6 was purchased from Albrightsville FC
1982 Pierce Engine. Served until 2002 when the 1978 Mack was purchased from KME. It is currently owned by a company in Texas.