it's all about me, baby...
- -name: sara scalper (nee sara beth gravatt)
- -where i'm at: brick, nj. location, location, location!
- -birthday: august 10. 'send money. how about tens an' twenties?'
- -interests: listening to music (mainly) of the female-fronted/70s punk, old-school/local hardcore, riotgrrl, new wave, and classic jazz varieties; going to shows, getting inked, running the sister spit nj poetry collective and emceeing/arranging events, performance poetry/spoken word, hanging out with m'grrls/bois and my boyfriend dan, feminism/activism, painted ladies tattooed women's resource, the upkeep of kill yr tv (it's quite a job, but somebody's gotta do it), art/design, photography, tattoos, writing (lyrics, poetry, prose), old-school horror flicks (vincent price, hitchcock movies, and amicus anthology horros especially), muay thai kickboxing, tattoo/horror/anime/comic cons, sci-fi/fantasy films of all sorts, anime/cartoons, rock operas, comix (i collect female-written/drawn and draw my own), sketch comedy (monty python, kids in the hall, the young ones, mr. show), horror, fantasy, and sci-fi novels/stories.
- -fave musicians/bands at the mo (so hard to decide!!!): david bowie/yeah yeah yeahs/sahara hotnights/sounds/horrorpops/the gossip/puffy amiyumi/hang on the box/yellow machinegun/blood/shonen knife/bikini kill/sleater-kinney/sub-debs/slant 6/bangs/fast times/walls of jericho/vice dolls/to see you broken/stalin's war/descendents/dickies/misfits/dexy's midnight runners/bad brains/minor threat/death by stereo/the police/joan jett and the blackhearts/x-ray spex/essential logic/slits/world inferno friendship society/dresden dolls/let it burn/soviettes/softball/bis/dishrags/pillows/x/pretenders/supremes/die cheerleader die/heavens to betsy/bratmobile/ella fitzgerald/excuse 17...more unlisted...
- -who i admire: my friends; they're always there for me. my dan-delous-how'd you ever get to be so wonderful? ('this wonderful?' hehe). my old women's studies teacher, connie murray- the most amazing 56-yr-old feminist ever, makes me wanna be all she is and more. all the music-making grrls; they inspire me to not be afraid to stand up for what i believe in, and prove that you don't need cocks to rock. rawa (radical afghani women), all feminists, and every woman that's every stood up for what they believe in...they are a great source of inspiration to me...in fact, any person in general who stands up for what they believe in and makes great changes out world today. what's left of the nj punk/hxc scene and my fellow brothers and sisters in it; 'stand strong, stand proud'. all the tattooed ladies, shout outs to ya!!! and of course, my sisters in spit...keep speaking yr words and spitting out yr truths.
- -i can't stand...close-minded individuals, prejudice of any kind, people who sit around on their asses and wish they could do something about our changing society without making an effort, people who have no respect for others, their property, and their beliefs, men who abuse women, sexist ads, george w. bush, right wing conservatives trying to take away our right of choice and trying to prevent homosexual marriage.
- -creed on life: be yourself and you'll be happy. don't be afraid to let your true feelings show; speak your mind and then your heart will be content. and above all, everyone can make a difference. don't ever let them oppress you. stand up for your rights, but handle all situations in a non-violent manner, and you'll get a lot more accomplished. oh yeh...be true to yourself, love yer tits (sarah!).
- -you can get in touch with me...if you want info about anything, or just need someone to talk to about problems, i always try to keep a listening ear. that's what this page is all about: supporting all grrls in the scene. i'm now sharing a condo with my boyfriend, so you can get in touch with m there at 2 helen dr. brick, nj 08724. also, please feel free to e-mail me at Dstry90210@aol.com, or at my new e-mail address, email@example.com.
wanna catch me on that addictive thing we call myspace?