Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

~Chapter 13~

Mrs. Edwards pleaded with her daughter Michelle.  “Honey, please, promise me you will reconsider?  This is the chance of a LIFETIME!”

Michelle shook her head.  “Mom, I’m not going.”

Tears began to run down Mrs. Edwards’ face.  She began to sob uncontrollably.

Michelle embraced her mother into a hug.  “Okay, mom, I’ll THINK about it, but I doubt I’ll change my mind…”

A look of hope crossed her mother’s face.  She smiled sadly at her daughter and kissed her on the forehead.

“See you later tonight honey.”

Michelle walked outside to meet Jesse who was waiting for her.

***  

Erin knocked on the door to the Edward’s estate.  As Mrs. Edwards opened the door, Erin gasped at her tear stained face.

Erin was nervous as how to react to this.  She bit her lip before speaking.  “Um, Mrs. Edwards?  I thought we had a meeting about the school
carnival right now.  Should I come back at a better time?”

Mrs. Edwards shook her head no.  “Come in dear, we can still do the meeting.  I’m just a little under the weather right now.”

Erin focused on her packet of notes while she sat down at the kitchen table with Mrs. Edwards.

As Mrs. Edwards went through the various plans with Erin, she appeared to be very distant.  Suddenly, to Erin’s surprise, Mrs. Edwards just laid her head down in her arms and began to sob.  Erin tried to comfort Mrs. Edwards the best she could.

“Erin, I know that Michelle looks up to you as a friend, and she will often take your advice.  I need you to do me a favor.”  Mrs. Edwards
appeared desperate.

She told Erin everything about how she used model, and how Michelle ended up deaf when she was born.   She told her about the opportunity with Dr. Kettle in Switzerland.  She told her everything up the conversation she had with Michelle before she had left for her date with Jesse.

Erin was shocked.  How could Michelle pass up such and opportunity?  Especially for a boy!  A boy like Jesse on top of that! Of course, Erin did not mention that Jesse might be part of the reason for Michelle not going, but Erin had a pretty big hunch that he was the main reason.

“Michelle, I’ve got to talk to you before you make the worst decision of your life!”  Erin sad to herself as she left the Edwards’ home.

***

Michelle sat at dinner with Jesse.  Her mind raced as she watched him.  Why hadn’t he said anything about the election yet?  She thought she’d given him many chances that night to mention it to her throughout the evening.

Casually, Michelle popped the question.

“So, I heard a rumor that you’re running for student body president.”

Jesse gave her a long look.  He shrugged.  “I don’t want to talk about
it.”

Quickly, he changed the subject.  Michelle was outraged.  So the rumors had been true?  They MUST have been, why else would he be so
insensitive to talk to her about it, let alone even TELL her that he had been running this whole time! 

“Jesse!  I want you to take me home right now!”  Michelle’s voice was low and upset.

Jesse looked alarmed.  “What did I do?  Why are you so mad at me?”

“Jesse McCartney!  You are a lying, selfish, son of a bitch!  Take me home!”  Michelle’s eyes filled with tears.

Confused, Jesse took Michelle home.

Next Chapter