|1. What kind of mother did prophecy reveal for Jesus? Answer: Isaiah 7:14|
|2. Who was Jesus' mother? Answer: Luke 1:30|
|3. Who told Mary she would be the mother of Jesus? Answer:Luke 1:26-27|
|4. To whom was Mary betrothed to marry? Answer: Luke 1:27|
|5. In what city was Jesus born? Answer: Luke 2:4|
|6. Why had Joseph gone with Mary to Bethlehem? Answer: Luke 2:5|
|7. In what place was Jesus born? Answer: Luke 2:7|
|8. In what was he placed when born? Answer: Luke 2:7|
|9. Who watched their flocks on the plains that night? Answer: Luke 2:8|
|10. Who appeared unto the shepherds in the heavens? Answer: Luke 2:9|
|11. Who did the angel say was born that night? Answer: Luke 2:11|
|12. What sign would enable them to find the child? Answer: Luke 2:12|
|13. What else appeared in the sky with the angel? Answer: Luke 2:13|
|14. What song did the heavenly host sing? Answer: Luke 2:14|
|15. Did the shepherds go in search of the babe? Answer: Luke 2:16|
|16. How did they know when they had found him? Answer: Luke 2:16|
|17. To whom did the shepherds tell the strange story? Answer: Luke 2:17|
|18. Did Mary know the story was true? Answer: Luke 2:19|
|19. What effect did the news have on the shepherds? Answer: Luke 2:20|
|20. What prophet testified that the babe was Christ? Answer: Luke 2:25|
|21. Who came from the East to see Jesus? Answer: Matthew 2:1|
|22. What guided the wise men to the child? Answer: Matthew 2:2|
|23. How did they honor the child? Answer: Matthew 2:11|
|24. Who sought to slay the child? Answer: Matthew 2:16|
|25. Where was Joseph warned to flee with his child? Answer: Matthew 2:19|
|26. Where did the family go to live? Answer: Matthew 2:23|
|27. Do you believe that Jesus, the Son of God, was born in the flesh? Answer: I John 4:2-3|
1. Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
2. Luke 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
3. Luke 1:26-27 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
4. Luke 1:27 (see above)
5. Luke 2:4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of Nazareth, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
6. Luke 2:5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
7. Luke 2:7 And she brought forth her first-born son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
8. Luke 2:7 (see above)
9. Luke 2:8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
10. Luke 2:9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
11. Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.
12. Luke 2:12 And this shall be sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13. Luke 2:13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying.
14. Luke 2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
15. Luke 2:15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into the heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
16. Luke 2:16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
17. Luke 2:17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
18. Luke 2:19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.
19. Luke 2:20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and see, as it was told unto them.
20. Luke 2:25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Hold Ghost was upon him.
21. Matthew 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem.
22. Matthew 2:2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
23. Matthew 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
24. Matthew 2:16 Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise me.
25. Matthew 2:19 But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt.
26. Matthew 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.
27. I John 4:2-3 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
[top of page]