Welcome to the
West Michigan Survivors Of Suicide
"Death ends a life, but it does not end a relationship,
which struggles on in the survivor's mind
torwards some resolution which it never finds."
from "I Never Sang for My Father"
Since the suicide, have you felt...
All of us have experienced some or all of these feelings following the suicide of a loved one.
- Guilt? Rejection? Shame?
- Anger? Depression? Isolation?
- Desperation? Exclusion?
But with SOS we've found...
The Goals of SOS are...
- Provide a place to share and vent feelings.
- Create a save enviroment for many who can't talk to others about suicide.
- Promote the normal grief process and help with special feeelings arising from suicide.
- Serve as a possible deterrent by informing others of the effect suicide has on the survivors.
- Inform others of the special needs of survivors.
Share with us...
...and let us share with you
Where do we meet?
Got questions or need a ride?
Call Jim Sailors at: 616-957-3466
|Every second Thursday of the month at:|
Park Congregational Church
10 Park Place, N.E.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
(use the Ransom Street entrance)
Every third Tuesday of the month
7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at:
Calvin Christian Reformed Church
Take BR 31 to Norton
go three blocks to 973 West Norton/south side of street
Every first Thursday of the month
6:30 pm - ? at:
Hospice House of Holland
445 104th Ave (between Adams & 32nd St.)
Tuesday, June 2nd - 7:00 PM at:
Life Guidance Services
3351 Claystone Dr. SE
Off E Beltline - 1/4 Mile of Burton
W.M.S.O.S. is a tax-exempt, 501 (c)(3) nonprofit corporation registered in the State of Michigan.
Sign Our Guestbook
View Our Guestbook
Powered by counter.bloke.com