1. Heath tbsp(s) of olive oil in a frying pan, add the chicken breasts and saute' over med. heat for about five minutes (They shouldn't be cooked all the way through, don't worry). Then remove and put to the side.
2. Cut onions in half through the root. Trim off root, then slice in half lengthwise.
3. Heath the remaining olive oil with the onions and add the red pesto and cook gently, stirring it generously for 3 minutes.
4. Add the chianti and water to the pan (onions and pesto still in there). turn the heat up and bring the pan to a boil. Whenb it gets there bring the chicken back to a boil. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
5. Reduce heat and cover the pan so the chicken has time to cook through. (about 20 minutes on low heat)
6. Last, you add the grapes to a low or medium heat and taste the sauce when desired to serve.