GENFIC: Thoughts of One Who has Lost

Title: Thoughts of One Who has Lost
Author: Danielle
Rating: G
Disclaimer: All characters from the television series ‘Stargate SG-1’ belong Stargate SG-1 Productions (II) Inc., MGM Worldwide Television Productions Inc., Double Secret Productions, Gekko Film Corp and Showtime Networks Inc.I’m only borrowing them for my personal entertainment, and I promise I’ll put them back all nice and proper. I didn’t profit from writing this piece, though if someone wants to pay me huge wads of cash for the copyright, I won’t argue. All original characters and situations belong to me, but you can use them if you really want to - just mail me first. Also mail me first if you want to archive this somewhere else. Thank you kindly.
Summary: Daniel says goodbye...
Authors Notes: This is only a short piece I came up with when I was mildly depressed and listening too much Michael Crawford. Not that I have anything against him, nothing at all. He's one of my favourite soloists!!


How could you do this to me? Why now? I need you so much, and you left me. Here. Alone. Was it something I did or said that made you give up the fight? I can’t remember any more. Our time together seems like it happened eons ago....
I wish I could just see you once again, hear you speak my name in that way that I found so goddamned attractive. Touch your face and feel your warm breath fan across my palm. Was it really as good as I remember it? Or am I making up fantasies to fill the loneliness in my soul? Sometimes, if I close my eyes and think hard enough, I can picture you standing before me, sunlight kissing you skin, lights sparkling in your eyes. Eyes I could lose myself in, and often did....
I can’t quite remember the arguments any more, the times we yelled harsh words to justify our own inadequacies. I try to recall the good times, the laughter, the moments of complete understanding, the nights. You would wrap you arms around me and I felt like nothing could ever touch us, that we were the only creatures in the universe. I cherished those times, I really did. They kept me warm when I felt so very cold. Gave me hope when it seemed like things couldn’t get more desperate. They still do.
Thank you, love, for the laughter and the light. Thank you for the simple lessons you taught me with just the touch of a hand or a small smile. Thank you for the moments we had, the invulnerability I felt when I stood at your side where the world could see me. Thank you for loving me, with all my faults and nasty habits. Thank you for being you; no-one else, just you....
Thank heaven for you.

THE END

Any comments or suggestions...?

© Dan 2000