The Vicomte de Bragelonne: The Characters
The Vicomte de Bragelonne:
As this book takes many twists and turns, I will give only general descriptions for our main characters so as not to give anything important away.
- D'Artagnan- A true gascon. The wittiest of the quartet.
- Athos- The father and the nobleman. A knight for all the royal causes.
- Aramis- The most ambitious of the quartet, but a man who is truly for the people.
- Porthos- Taken by titles and materials, one might pass by this giant and say he is too attached to this world. But far from it, Porthos was called by Dumas the best of the four. His pure heart is true to friendship. His heart is so honest it fears politics.
- Raoul- The son and the romantic. A youth with much ignorance and purity of heart.
- Louise- The object of Raoul's affection, and a highly sensitive soul.
- Planchett- The once-lackey to D'Artagnan, now a shopkeeper who can hold his own.
- Mouston- The very fat lackey of Porthos. Gentle in heart, he cares little for battles.
- Bazin- Once the lackey of Aramis, he is now a priest. Warning, if you like Bazin prepare for disappointment he shows up for about one full scene.
- Grimaud- The silent lackey still to Athos, an old servant who is a treasure to the entire four.
- Mazarin- The cardinal to Louis XIV.
- Manicamp- Friend of De Guiche. Loves money.
- De Guiche- Raoul's best friend.
- Louis XIV- The King of France who is still in the mindset of a child. Determined to rule as an actual king and not a pawn.
- Anne of Austria-The Queen-mother, ill with breast cancer, stays in court more as a figure head than anything else.
- Malicorne- In love with Montalais. An ambitious gentleman who wishes to join the Royal Court.
- Montalais- Louise's best friend.
- Chevereuse- AKA Marie Michon. The mother to Raoul, and the once friend of the Queen-Mother.
- Monk- General in England.
- Charles II- The King of England.
- De Wardes- Son of the De Wardes D'Artagnan killed in The Three Musketeers.
- Buckingham- Son of the Buckingham from the Three Musketeers. A friend to Raoul. Madly in love with Madame.
- Colbert- An intendant to finances, and the advisor of Mazarin. Mortal enemy of Fouquet.
- La Fountaine- An epicurean fo Fouquet and a writer.
- Fouquet- Surintendant of finances. Often called the true king of France, he is on with contempt by the true King and Colbert.
- Baisemaux- Governor of the Bastille. Friend to Aramis and D'Artagnan
- Philippe- I'm keeping my mouth shut here, any word on him would give too much away.
- Henrietta (Madame)- Married as part of a reunion of France and England. A coquette of a strong degree. De Guiche, Buckingham, and the King are only some of the people that fall in her trap.
- Orleans (Monsieur)- Prone to strong jealousies because of his coquette of a wife. Brother to the king.
- Beaufort- A prince and soldier who Mazarin feared during the Fronde.
- Truchen- A beaten woman who found refuge at Planchets.
THE FINAL FATE OF OUR CHARACTERS-HEAVY SPOILER PAGE