John Wesley Hanson
3271 Greenleafe Drive Phoenix, New York 13135 478-394-2384
Senior Operations Manager
A proactive manager with a stable work history, documented advancement and is respected by both coworkers and customers. Proven leadership skills with the proficiency to motivate employees and deliver safe, to quality performance. Evaluates operational needs and implements strategies and solutions that increase productivity, enhance quality while improving cost effectiveness and bottom line profitability.
Areas of Expertise
* Utilization of Key Matrix Indicators * Lean manufacturing, CI and TPS
* Relocation, domestic and international * PPAP, PFMEA, APQP, Control Plans
* Collective agreement administration * Automotive environment and systems
* Problem solving/root cause analysis * Customer relations and interaction
* Work cell organization and layouts * Environmental Health and Safety
* Trouble shooting equipment issues * Project Management and Start-up
* P&L Statement and Budgeting * TS16949 / ISO9001 Certification
Magna Powertrain May 2009 - April 2010
Operations / Assembly Relocation Manager Saltillo, Mexico
* Transferred assembly lines in New York to Mexico and re-established all support systems.
* Accomplished all objectives related to budget and timelines. Achieved a zero defect launch.
* Quoted and negotiated contracts for relocation, decommission, transport, installation and debug.
* Utilized lessons learned from Syracuse to make process/layout improvements to assembly line.
* Transitioned from bulk material presentation to small batch flow and utilized Kanban system.
* Recruited management team that trained and mentored Mexican team from installation to full volumes.
Magna Powertrain November 2005 - April 2009
Operations Manager Syracuse, NY
* Managed Run off, install, launch and debug of GMT900 Transfer Case Assembly line.
* Produced contractual yearly volume of 840,000 transfer cases
* Generated 400 million dollars in annual sales with 10% profit
* Maintained 14 PPM defect rate with 97% FTC.
* Managed and motivated 350 UAW and salaried employees
* Introduced, negotiated and implemented Team Concept to unionized shop
Magna Powertrain Norcross, Ga
Operations and Plant Manager July 2001 - November 2005
* Responsible for overall performance: EHS, Quality, Logistics, P&L, and Customer Relations.
* Delivered JIT AWD axle assemblies to GM Doraville Assembly Plant. Yearly sales volume, $50 million.
* Relocated plant to new facility for cost reduction and full utilization of square footage.
* Managed project which developed designed, purchased, installed and launched a new production line for GMT200 rear suspension module in new facility.
* Managed relocation of PTO/Transmission marriage line to Mexico.
* Assisted in Saltillo, Mexico for 8 months on launch and startup of Mercedes transfer case line.
Mackie Automotive Systems November 1998 - June 2001
Corporate Operations Manager Oxford, Michigan
* Assigned to special projects in the Michigan area, reporting to VP of Manufacturing.
* Trained, coached and mentored plant management teams.
* Served as a special liaison to GM for problem solving and customer relations.
* Member of the project team which launched new projects and product lines.
Mackie Automotive Systems May 1996 - October 1998
Shift Manager Norcross, Ga.
* Managed two facility complex, engine dress and sequencing center
* Supervised staff of 10 and 200 plus GM=-UAW hourly employees
* Sequenced thirty five commodities and sub-assemblies for GM Doraville Plant
* One third of the commodities supplied to customer had a lead- time of 90 minutes or less.
* Reduced shift overtime from over 100 hours perday to less than 5 hours per day.
* Served as a member of the project team and was involved with tryout, pilot, and ramp up of production from one vehicle per day to over a thousand vehicles per day.
Dexter Axle January 1991 - April 1996
Production Manager Monticello, Ga.
* Manufactured utility axles that supplied the trailer and RV industries
* Increased production of axles and tire mounting by 100% while increasing headcount by 20%.
* Responsible for budget forecast and P&L of facility.
* Recruited, hired and trained plant staff.
* Created SOP SWI for all machines and stations and wrote plant quality and safety manuals.
Basset Furniture Industries September 1989 - August 1990
Finishing Supervisor Macon, Ga.
* Manufactured furniture cabinets, entertainment centers, and wardrobe units.
* Managed fifty non-union employees in the application of stains, sealers, and finish coats of lacquer to furniture.
Georgia Pacific, Pine Plywood Division July 1987 - September 1989
Superintendent Monticello, Ga.
* Managed 20 direct reports and 200 employees across 3 shifts
* Maintained standards for employee safety, product quality and maintenance of machinery.
* Insured objectives and goals were achieved for productivity, downtime, quality and plant P&L.
Georgia Pacific, Pine Plywood Division May 1980 - July 1987
Finishing and Shipping Supervisor Monticello, Ga.
* Supervised 35 union hourly employees.
* Certified by the American Plywood Association as an in-house inspector and performed quality audits throughout the plant to insure product quality.
* Finished, packaged and shipped 320,000 board feet of plywood per shift.
* Teams productivity levels were responsible for increased standards across all
Education: BBA Marketing Georgia College, Milledgeville, Ga.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office, Access, Project, email and internet.