LairJams: Open Mikes and Jam Sessions in the Seattle Area
Mind you, None of this is Etched in stone. You know how clubs have been folding and changing formats around here Lately...
Hey, folks--I've been needing some new guitar gear, a portable audio recorder and some updated software for a while now, to help me with DIY recording and making new music videos. But the money is extremely tight at the moment. If you can help me raise some funds for these important purchases via my new Musical Gofundme Campaign, I'd be massively grateful! Thanks in advance...
- Hopvine: Songwriter Monday Showcase, 7:45 pm. 507 15th Avenue E, Capitol Hill.
- Bill's Off Broadway: Open Mic at 8:00 pm; signup at 7:00 pm. For more info, email email@example.com. 725 East Pine, Capitol Hill. NOTE: Bill's Off-Broadway is currently in the middle of a 20-month "Timeout", which we presume to mean that their Weekly open mic is also Down for the time Being...
- Richard Hugo House: Hugo Works in Progress, writers' open mic, 7:00-9:00 pm, every 1st Monday of the month. 1634 11th Avenue, Capitol Hill.
- Molly Maguire's: Open Mic, starts "at an Irish 9 pm" (*their words!). 610 NW 65th Street, Ballard.
- Twede's Cafe: Acoustic Open Mic, 6:30-9:00 pm, sign up at 6 pm. 137 East North Bend Way; North Bend, WA. (Note: it's a little out of the way for a Seattle-area open mic; but WTH, this place was on "Twin Peaks"!). New Listing!
- Columbia City Theater: Open Mic with Blvd Park; 8:15-11:00 pm, signup 8 pm. 4916 Rainier Avenue South, Columbia City. New Listing!
- Q Cafe: Open Mic with Victory Music (NEW!), 6:30-9:00 pm; signup 5:45-6:15 pm. 3223 15th Ave. W., Magnolia/Interbay.
- Harbour Pub: First Tuesdays Open Mic Night, 21-plus, 8:00-closing. 231 Parfitt Way SW, Bainbridge Island.
- Antique Sandwich: Victory Music Open Mic, 7-10 pm, signup 6:00-6:30 pm. 5102 N. Pearl, Tacoma, WA.
- Conor Byrne's: Old-Time Social hosted by members of the Tallboys (no time Listed); 5140 Ballard Avenue NW, Ballard.
- The U-District pub formerly Known as the Galway Arms is now, with the Usual change of ownership, Known as The Kraken, at the Same location. Will an Open Mic be starting up again Soon? Stay Tuned!
- The Old Fire House: Four Alarm Free Concert Series (w/dinner included!), starting 6:30 pm. 16510 NE 79th Street, Redmond. Summers Only.
- Grumpy D's Official Open Mic: Each Wednesday, 6:30-9:30 pm. Signup 6:00-6:30 pm. All Ages. 7001 15th Ave NW, Ballard. New Listing!
- Couth Buzzard Buzzard/Espresso Buono Café: Community Open Mic w/Rotating Hosts, starts 7:30 pm (not sure of signup time). 8310 Greenwood Ave North, Seattle 98103. New Listing!
- Darrell's Tavern: "Closed Mic Night", signup 8:30 pm, starts 9 pm. "We have a full drum kit, bass amp & bass, marshall guitar amp all provided. We also have a sound man to mix everything." 18041 Aurora North, Shoreline. New Listing!
- Last Supper Club: Live Wednesdays Open Mic Night, 2nd and 4th Wednesdays, 10 pm-2 am. Signup: email T.T. at: firstname.lastname@example.org. 125 S. Washington Street, Pioneer Square.
- The Vera Project: First Wednesday Open Mic, 7-10 pm, signup 6:30 pm. PA system provided. 305 Harrison Street, Seattle Center campus.
- Celtic Bayou: Open mic, 8 pm; join Celtic Bayou Open Mic Group for more details. All ages. 7281 West Lake Sammamish Pkwy NE, Redmond, WA.
- ToST Lounge: Seattle Poetry Slam, 7:30 pm. 513 N. 36th Street #E, Fremont.
- Chihuahua's Cantina: Stonefire Jam hosted by Joe Plemmons, starting 6:30 pm. 4202 Auburn Way North, Auburn, WA.
- Skylark Cafe and Club: Open Mic at 9:00 pm, Signup begins at 8:00 pm. 3803 Delridge Way SW, West Seattle.
- The Green Tortoise Hostel: Open Mic Nite, "8:00 pm till Whenever." Performance by hostel guests only. 1525 2nd Avenue, Downtown.
- Hopvine: Open mic, 9-11 pm; signups at 8:30 pm. 507 15th Avenue E, Capitol Hill.
- Blue Moon Tavern: Angry Joey's Open Mic, signup at 8 pm. 712 NE 45th Street, University District.
- Murphy's Pub: Open Mic, around 7:00 pm. 1928 N. 45th Street, Wallingford.
- Tugboat Annie's: Irish Seisiun/Hooley, first Wednesday of each month, 8-10 pm. 2100 Westbay Drive NW, Olympia, WA.
- Ould Triangle: Open mic, 8:30 pm. 9736 Greenwood Avenue N., Greenwood.
- Crossroads Shopping Center, Bellevue: Victory Music Open Mike (Note: NEW Day), 1st Thursdays, 6:00-9:00 pm, signup by 5:30 pm at Market Stage. NE 8th and 156th NE, Bellevue, WA.
- Inner Chapters Bookstore & Cafe: Open Mic, 3rd Thursdays [will have to look up hours, signup time, host(s), etc.]. 419 Fairview Avenue North, South Lake Union.
- Luther's Table: All-Ages Open Mic with Gretchen Mertes, 7 pm, signup at 6 pm. Lutheran-affiliated. 419 S. 2nd St. Suite 1, Renton. NEW LISTING!
- Gypsy Cafe: Open Mic/Jam with Linda Music Lee, 8 pm-12 am, space for full bands. 3510 Stone Way N., Fremont. NEW LISTING!
- Neptune Coffee: Open Mic, 7:30 pm; hosted by Colt Valenti. 8415 Greenwood Avenue North, Greenwood.
- Columbia City Theater: Open Mic in the Lounge, 8:30 pm; signup starts 7 pm. Hosted by iNfinity. 4916 Rainier Avenue South, Columbia City.
- Jazzbones Tacoma: Randy Oxford's Blues Theatre--All Ages and Adult Jams, signups 7:00 pm. 2803 6th Avenue, Tacoma, WA.
- Dubliner Pub: Open Mic, starts 9 pm. 3517 Fremont Avenue North, Fremont.
- Oxford Saloon and Eatery: Thursday Night Blues Jam, 8:00 pm to ?. 913 First Street, Snohomish, WA. NOTE: This place is said to be Haunted...!! Also note: this is a new day, shifted over from Tuesdays.
- Cafe Vega: Open Mic, starting 7:00 pm. 1918 E Yesler Way, Central Area.
- Seattle Public Library-Ballard Branch: It's About Time Reading Series with open mic, Second Thursdays, 6:00-7:45 pm. 5614 22nd Ave. N.W., Ballard. New Venue and Time for this one!
- The Wildrose: Seattle Spit poetry reading and open mic, 8:00 pm. 1021 E. Pike Street, Capitol Hill.
- Tully's Coffee (Bostwick): Free Ya Mind Open Mic, Last Fridays, 7-9 pm. $3.00 suggested donation. Produced by Free Ya Mind, Inc. 764 Broadway, Tacoma, WA.
- Thumbnail Theater: Family-friendly Open Mic, 7:30-11 pm. Signup 7:00-7:30 pm. 1211 4th Street, Snohomish, WA. New Listing!
- Living Waters Christian Coffeehouse: Open mic (music and poetry), 7:00 pm, hosted by Steve Donais. 2363 NW 80th Street, Loyal Heights.
- Rainier Community Center: Spoken Word/Poetry Open Mic (all ages/youth), 7 pm; signup 6:30 pm. "Amp, microphone and turntables provided." 4600 38th Ave South, Rainier Valley. NEW LISTING!
- Jamtown: Drum Jam, 8-10 pm. 12729 Lake City Way, Seattle.
- Northwest Seaport Wood Shop: Sea Chantey Sing, 8:00-10:00 pm. South Lake Union Park, 860 Terry Street North, South Lake Union. New Location for this listing!
- Downtown YMCA/Fusion Cafe: Youth Music/Poetry (All Ages), 2-3 Saturdays a month, 8:00 pm; 909 4th Avenue, Downtown. Note new Myspace Page LairLink!
- Ugly Mug Coffeehouse: Poetry Night with Jazz performance and Open Mic, Second Saturdays at 7 pm, hosted by Christopher J. Jarmick. 11425 Rainier Ave South, Bryn Mawr.
- Forza Coffee Company (Dupont): Open Mic, 2nd and 4th Saturdays, 6:00 pm. Call for info: 253-495-0965. 1520 Wilmington; DuPont, WA 98327. New Listing!
- A Better Buzz Espresso Shop: Open Mic, 7:00 pm. Not sure who is hosting presently. 8914 Aurora Ave North, Greenwood.
- Soul Food Bookstore: Open mic, First Saturdays, 7:00-10:00 pm. 15748 Redmond Way, Redmond, WA.
- Fremont Drum & Dance Center: Weekly Drum Circle and Percussion Jam, 7:30-10:30 pm. $3.00 donation requested. 900 North 34th Street, Fremont. We've just emailed this venue to see if the drum circle is still going On...
- Baltic Room: Bollywood--Indian music (live/DJ'd--time?). 1207 Pine Street, Capitol Hill.
- Twin Rivers Brewing Co.: Uncle Fuzzy's Open Mic, 5:00-8:00 pm. 104 North Lewis Street, Monroe WA 98272. New Listing!
- Owl & Thistle: Irish Session, 808 Post Avenue, Downtown. Don't know if this one is still on, but we've updated the url, anyway. Have to call them about the session...
- Little Red Hen: Open Mic/Acoustic Jam with Bodacious Billy, 4 pm; 7115 Woodlawn NE, Greenlake. Note: New Day/Event Host.
- Thumbnail Theater: Jazz Jam Lives, hosted by Ted Lombard; last Sunday of the month, 4-7 pm. Donations $5.00 per person and $10.00 per family. 1211 4th Street, Snohomish, WA 98290. New Listing!
- Soul Food Bookstore: Community Drum Circle, first Sundays, 4-6 pm. 15748 Redmond Way, Redmond, WA.
- Soul Food Bookstore: Women's Drum Circle, Second Sundays, 4:30-6 pm. 15748 Redmond Way, Redmond, WA.
- Skylark Cafe: All-Ages Open Mic, free, last Sunday of the month, 3:00 pm (signup time not given). 3803 Delridge Way SW, West Seattle. New Listing!
- Paddy Coyne's Irish Pub: Irish Session with Leo MacNamara 6-9 pm, 1190 Thomas Street.
- Olde Pequliar: Irish Session, 1722 NW Market Street, Ballard. We have to check on this one, too...
- Fado Irish Pub: Irish Session hosted by Mary Grider, 4-7:00 pm; 801 1st Avenue, Downtown/Pioneer Square.
- Molly Maguire's: Irish Breakfast and Seisiun, 11:00 am-4:00 pm. 610 NW 65th Avenue, Ballard.
- Alderwood Mall: NEW Victory Music Open Mic, 1st and 3rd Sundays. Signup 4:30 pm, next to the fireplace at the food court; Open mic 5-7 pm. 3000 184th Street SW, Lynnwood, WA. Victory's newest Open Mic venue!
Return to the LairMusic Index Page.
Return to the Home Lair