Welcome to An Rince Gaelach Webring! This Webring is
a webring dedicated to Irish Dancers and their
pages. On this page you can learn more about the webring and join the webring.
What exactly is a webring?
A webring is a way to group sites of similar interest together in a "Ring." Links on each page allow you to move from one site to the next, eventually traveling the entire Ring to end up where you started.
How do the links on a typical WebRing site work?
The links on each site are created from the "HTMLfragment" (HTML code that is added to the site). They provide a means for the WebRing database to know what site the user is coming from, and where they want to go.(i.e., next site, prev site, etc....)
What's the difference between
the "Ring" and "Queue"?
The Queue is the place where ALL sites go first, to receive a site ID and to be entered into the Ring database. The Ring is where approved sites are
Who decides what sites get into the Ring?
The sole responsibility for adding Rings resides with the RingMaster.
The Requirements for Joining An Rince Gaelach
1. Your page must be related to Irish Dance
2. Your site is well maintained (most of the links work, its updated as needed etc...)
3. It is presentable (set up in a nice manner, is easy to understand and easy to find your way through it)
4. Before your page is completely included into the webring you must have the proper html code on your page.
5. This images are saved onto your site and not linked from here
6. There is no pornagraphy, violence, vulgar language or anything of major offense on your site
Submit your site to the Queue
Ok so now that I have submitted
my site to the queue what do I do?
1. First I will review your site and determine whether or not it should be placed on the An Rince Gaelach webring.
2. If I decide your page is a good page for this webring I will send you the three codes you must pick one to place on your page.
3. You must place the fragment on your page and download the logo to your page. And customize certain specified areas on it. (Where ever there is red font customize what is specifies)
(If you need help on this one feel free to e-mail me)
4. After you have correctly placed the logo and html fragment on to your page you will need to email me with you name, site ID#, and URL telling me you have done so.
5. I will come view your site and make sure your html fragment is in order.
6. If you need to fix anything I will e-mail you and tell you to fix them and you will do so.
7. If everything is in order I will add you to the ring.