On-Line NFL Pool
NFL Fight Songs
"The Cardinal" Bio
The Playoff Race
- - - - - A well-designed play, a well-thrown ball, and a well-run route. Seventy yards later, the Arizona Cardinals put themselves into a lead they would not relinquish. On a first down, no less. Unfortunately, it was practically all the team would do offensively the rest of the afternoon.
- - - - - It would be enough, however, to hold off the 49ers 28-18 thanks to an impressive showing by the defensive front line in forcing multiple turnovers, and scoring directly off of one of them. Despite giving up two touchdown late in the contest, they were able to negate both two-point conversion attempts. And all of this despite being on the field for nearly two games' worth of minutes.
- - - - - It seems that the early offensive efforts come off scripted plays, and likely with input from other members of the coaching staff. Soon afterwards, the club falls into a routine that becomes all too predictable and relatively easy to defend. Why this hasn't been remedied yet is a mystery to me. The blame should be fairly easy to localize.
NEXT WEEK, @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS: If this is evident to the average fan watching on television, it must be painfully obvious to the players in the locker room who have seen better. With the victory in San Francisco, we can all breath easier with the knowledge that the Cardinals will not go winless. And for the moment, we aren't even in last place in our own division. We can try to enjoy watching the development of Rosen and the other young players on the roster, but for our fans to enjoy watching the other games from around the league and how they affect the Cardinals' fortunes, we need to start piling up a few more victories.
TWENTY-THIRD SEASON UNDERWAY
- - - - - As you've probably already noticed, "The Cardinal's" Nest, the Internet's longest-running website dedicated to the Arizona Cardinals, has
undergone a few changes over the years as we embark on our 23rd season. This newer setup will hopefully make it easier for you, the fans, to navigate
these pages. After all, isn't life already hard enough being a Cardinals fan?
- - - - - The bar at the left will contain the links to the other pages on this site, including icons for some of the larger features.
Meanwhile, play in my 23rd-annual On-Line NFL Pool has begun and the Chicago Cardinals Photo
Album, featuring photos and other game memorabilia from the 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s has opened. Also, check out the
"Arizona Sports Fans" Message Board. As always, if you have any
suggestions, comments, or questions, please feel free to send me E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org;
I always enjoy hearing from Cardinals fans around the country and the world.