Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Special Solder Paste

The method I use is to mask the pad completly (ie set
the soldermask expansion to at least -(1/2 the max
dimension). Then place a fill on the soldermask layer.

Simon

--- Ian Wilson <considered@ozemail.com.au> wrote: > On
06:26 AM 19/10/2000 -0500, blmarshall2@mmm.com
> said:
>

> >I need to offset and make the solder paste pads
> smaller on chip components.
> >
> >Can anyone please make suggestions?
> >
> >Thanks in advance.
>
> I forgot to say, in my prior post on this subject,
> the basic issue - you
> can make a paste mask expansion rule for the
> component (and override on the
> pad itself in the library - even better), and if you
> specify a negative
> expansion the paste mask hole is reduced (all the
> way to zero if desired
> a-la a fiducial), *but* the offset is the problem
> and hence the need for
> the complex pad - see other post.
>
> ......waiting for better solutions to shoot me down
> in smoke....
>
> Ian Wilson

> Considered Solutions Pty Ltd
> mailto:considered@ozemail.com.au
> ABN: 96 088 410 002
> 5 The Crescent
> CHATSWOOD   2067
> Ph: +61 2 9411 4248   Fax: +61 2 9411 4249
>

> * * * * *

=====
---
Simon Peacock