Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Special Solder Paste

<x-flowed>
On 06:26 AM 19/10/2000 -0500, blmarshall2@mmm.com said:

>I need to offset and make the solder paste pads smaller on chip components.
>
>Can anyone please make suggestions?
>
>Thanks in advance.

I forgot to say, in my prior post on this subject, the basic issue - you
can make a paste mask expansion rule for the component (and override on the
pad itself in the library - even better), and if you specify a negative
expansion the paste mask hole is reduced (all the way to zero if desired
a-la a fiducial), *but* the offset is the problem and hence the need for
the complex pad - see other post.

......waiting for better solutions to shoot me down in smoke....

Ian Wilson
Considered Solutions Pty Ltd     mailto:considered@ozemail.com.au
ABN: 96 088 410 002
5 The Crescent
CHATSWOOD   2067
Ph: +61 2 9411 4248   Fax: +61 2 9411 4249

</x-flowed>