[PROTEL EDA USERS]: (off topic) PNG format

W3C, the people who standardized the HTML format, recommends using the PNG
(Portable Network Graphics) format for raster images.

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/PNG/
http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/

It is superior in quality and size to BMP, GIF, TIFF, PCX, and most other image
file formats. Most of my friends who do web pages put only ".png" and ".jpeg"
files on their web pages. You've probably seen tons of ".png" images while
browsing the web without even realizing it.

I've heard rumors of a vector image file format that would replace the
hodge-podge of vector image formats we have now -- .ps, .pdf, Gerber, hpgl, flc,
abf, bdf, etc.

--
David Cary

Brooks Bill asks,