Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Text in negative space

<x-flowed>
On 04:44 PM 31/08/2000 -0700, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax said:

>At 05:01 PM 8/31/00 -0700, Eric Albach wrote:
>
>> > You can tell where the material is by the box that displays when
>> picking up
>> > selected material and moving it. This box will include all selections,
>> > including those outside the workspace.
>>
>>Thanks for the help.
>>     This must be one of those rare cases.  I did what you said and only
>> got a
>>selection box around the object that I placed for moving.
>
>It would seem that the outside object is not selected. I'd try to select
>it by procedures already described, then I'd try to find out what kind of
>object it is. It is possible to have a component at a location with no
>primitives at that location. Creating a spreadsheet from the board and
>using Excel may assist in finding objects outside the workspace. I think
>it is possible to edit object locations in a spreadsheet, but I haven't
>tried to manipulate a PCB file from the spreadsheet for quite some time....
>
>It is also possible to delete objects from the ASCII database. But there
>are a number of gotchas here, so be sure to save backups!
>marjan@vom.com
>Abdulrahman Lomax
>P.O. Box 690
>El Verano, CA 95433

We may be looking at text or something associated with a component.  In
that case it may not be being left selected by the procedures described.

Save the PCB.  Try Selecting-All and then Move-Selection.  Zoom way way out
until you can see the whole work area and then move the selection box until
all of it is on the work area.  Find the entity(ies) causing grief and move
them close to the real PCB area and then you can move the whole lot back again.

I saw component text move to -ve offsets (independent of component
location)  in P99SE before any SP came out. I thought it had been fixed though.

Failing the above I suspect that saving-as an ASCII file may shed light on
the entity causing trouble.  You may need to reset the origin - I am not
sure how origins affect the ASCII file.

Ian Wilson

</x-flowed>