Send Feedback

Pic o' the Day

DetroitPix

Hamtramck Pix

Pic 'o the Day Index

Memories List

Latest Pix

Vanishing Bldgs







Located on Woodward is the shuttered Fine Arts Theatre, which was originally known as the Addison. It opened on February 15, 1914, and became the Fine Arts the following year. After an attempt at classic and family movies in the late 1970s, the theater closed in 1980 with the animated Jason and the Argonauts and Disney's Song of the South. Thanx to cinematour.com for the info.
Not to be confused with the Fine Arts Theatre is the shuttered Fine Arts Building, located on Adams overlooking Grand Circus Park. It once housed the Adams Theater, which has been closed since the mid 80's. The theatre's marquee was destroyed in November '99.
A full view The Fine Arts Building. Click the pic for a LARGE view.

Fine Arts Theatre & Fine Arts Building