Send Feedback

Pic o' the Day

DetroitPix

Hamtramck Pix

Pic 'o the Day Index

Memories List

Latest Pix

Vanishing Bldgs







Hamtramck City Hall. This building was originally St. Francis Hospital, which was originally named Hamtramck Municipal Hospital when it opened in 1927. It became Hamtramck City Hall in 1969. The city was planning to close the building and move operations to the Department of Public Works building, but now the City Hall building is currently enjoying a needed restoration.

Info obtained from www.hamtramckhistory.org.
A side view of the building.
Hamtramck City Hall is a designated Michigan Historical Site.

Hamtramck City Hall