Meat, Chicken, and much more!!
The following recipe was given to us by Mama Julie
- Welcom to the page full of recipes for meat, chicken,and much more. Please choose one of the following links below or scroll down for meat recipes.
Mama Julie's Beef Roast on a Budget
- You will need the following...
- 1 Chuck or other cheap cut of beef
- 2 Yellow onions
- 4 or 5 large carrots
- 6 Potatoes
- Seasoned Salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Salt and pepper meat well.
- Peel and Quarter onions.
- Peel carrots and cut each one into three pieces.
- Wash potatoes.
- If the potatoes are small then quarter them; if they are large, then cut into six or eight pieces.
- Arrange vegetables in roasting pan (or any large oven-safe dish).
- Place seasoned meat in center (on top of veggies is ok)
- Add water until it is 3/4 of an inch deep.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 1-3 hours depending on how large the roast.
- check after first hour, then every 30 minutes after that.
- Cut meat to see how red it is inside. (I prefer to take it out when the meat is still a little pink.)
This way when I reheat it for another meal it won't be to tough.
- Arrange meat and vegetables on a serving platter.
- Serve with Salad and fresh baked rolls.
- Please send your ideas or recipes to me so we can help make this a better page for you. Thank you. --More to come soon!!!(recipes sent are free for all and may be posted on this site. Also credit will be given.)
Just click on the mailbox logo to sent me an e-mail