Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Chapter 2

Chapter Two-The Visit

AJ, Amanda, and Jordan walked in cautiously. I smiled faintly as Jordan gave me a very soft hug. He backed away and looked at me.

With his small, yet strong, voice he said, "You're gonna be okay Uncle Brian."

He gave me his big one-in-a-million smile.

"I am?" I asked with another small smile.

"Why, thank you BJ." I smiled again.

This time, a little wider than before. AJ had named his son Brian Jordan after me. Jordan still laughs to this day when someone calls out Brian and we both look up.

"How are you, Bro?" AJ asked.

"In pain."

AJ rolled his eyes and grinned.

"Ah..I see..." he said.

"Oh Brian..I'm so sorry." Amanda said.

She had obviously been crying once AJ told her. She and Leigh were such good friends.

"We all miss her. We prayed it was all a nightmare." AJ said.

I knew he had a song in mind. I could tell by the look in his eyes. He could always come up with something, even out of the tiniest of words. Those where going to be the words that would soon become lyrics to our next single.

"We prayed it was a nightmare, and we prayed it wasn't true. We were hoping that it wouldn't be you." I sang softly, not really to a beat.

AJ re-sang it to a beat that fit his voice.

"We got ourselves a single, Bro." I said faintly.

AJ smiled at me and softly hugged me. "We're gonna make it through this, Brian." he whispered in my ear. I cried and hugged him.

"God I hope so." I said.

"We are."

The determination in his voice gave me a little more strength. He and the others would be there for me. No matter what. Even through a song. A song, that at the time, seemed unappropriate. But, it gave me hope. I had to live through this. I had to go on. If not for myself, then for Leighanne. (Kevin and his wife Kristin had gone back to Kentucky in hopes to start a family. Nick, I wasn't sure of. I think he needed time to relax. AJ was, of course, with his family. Now Howie I hadn't kept in touch with since after we all went our seperate ways.) I had to be strong for all of them, too. The fellas really needed me almost as much as I need Leighanne.

<< chapter 1 - Chapter 3 >>