Big Human on Campus

No blood, no justice.

Background: The thing that never should have been. I've never been a real fan of Rosario + Vampire. I was intrigued by the plot setting, only to be consistently let down by the actual story. Half-assed back stories and characterizations, weak plot devices and drivers, and a very disappointing habit of portraying monsters as being extremely similar to humans in the least interesting ways all put me off the series. Most of all though, having the plot and minor characters being nothing more than flimsy excuses to throw more female flesh and angry monsters at Tsukune killed any appeal the story originally had for me. To say nothing of Tsukune, a perfectly harmless, low-key "nice guy" character becoming a powerhouse just to extend the power fantasy and mutate the story into a cheap action series devoid of any depth or complexity.
So I whined about what a waste of a plot it was. And before I knew it, I had churned out a dozen chapters of Big Human on Campus, my own personal take on what life at Youkai Academy should be like. Well, after Ranma arrives, anyway. No WAY was I gonna try and make a fanfic out of Tsukune's adventures on his own.

Plot: Ranma and Tsukune struggle to fit in and survive in Youkai Academy, forging friendships, building reputations, and drawing groups of hopeful teenage (monster) girls around them. Eventually Tsukune, having an active guardian in Ranma and seeing the kind of misery that the monstrous students live with, decides to step up and take action to try and improve the school. Ranma takes to any physical challenge with gusto, but the two still have an awful lot on their plate...

Story Background: Ranma gets booted out of Furinkan and sent to Youkai Academy to learn how to interact "properly" in human society. Youkai Academy is a private high school that specializes in teaching basic human mannerisms... to monsters, not humans. Ranma meets a young man named Tsukune along the way, and finds out that Tsukune is the only other human to have ended up in Youkai Academy (though in his case, it was by mistake).

This story has its own TVtropes page!

The New Protection Committee