Dragonball Z Lives On:

The Mystic Saga

 

Prologue

 

10.19.##

Dear Journal

It’s the middle of the night and once again I find myself unable to sleep. The thoughts in my head are going a mile a minute, turning over what has happened to me in the last couple of years, keeping me from achieving any kind of rest. As these thoughts and memories whirl around, I found that I want to write it all down, while it’s fresh in my memory, before they begin to fade. It would make for a good story, actually. Not that any of my old friends would ever believe it was true. And to write a story, you have to go back to the beginning, from where it all started. Seems so long ago now.

It was a simple beginning really . . .

 

 

Such strange writings

That tell of things

Unknown to my world

Are they truth or are they lies?

 

 

"This proves that they existed! Why do you still refuse to believe?" The young blonde female scientist was enraged, as well as frustrated, with the Asian man who sat across from her.

The young man stared right back at her. "All I can see is that you’ve succeeded in building an oversized tin can. You don’t know if it works or if it even does what it’s supposed to. As I’ve said before, Mr. Toriyama wants irrefutable evidence."

Nearby, leaning against the wall, a young African-American woman shook her head as she listened to her superiors’ conversation. She herself was skeptical as well but the machine they’d built was a near convincer. Suddenly she heard something that made her question her hearing.

 

 

. . . It would make for a good story, actually. Not that any of my old friends would ever believe it was true. . .

 

 

"You want evidence? Fine. I ask permission to take the machine back and see for myself whether or not the diaries tell the truth. And I ask that you come along as well, so that not even you can deny the evidence when you see it yourself."

The blonde scientist remained utterly calm as the Asian and black American stared in utter shock at her. The Asian man lost his cool. "Are you insane? Have you even tested that thing?"

The blonde’s eyes gleamed. "The only way to test it is to use it. What better way to test it then go back to then and there, hmmm? Come on. Aren’t you the one who claimed it won’t do anything, that it’s an ‘oversized tin can’?"

The Asian was starting to look red in the face. "Fine. If that’s what you wish. I’ll have to clear it with Mr. Toriyama first."

The blonde shrugged. "Go ahead. I’ll doubt he’ll deny my request. He was the one who agreed to have it built in the first place."

"Yes well." The Asian cleared his throat and then packed up his papers in his briefcase and turned to leave.

"Oh and Mr. Yondeiru?"

"Yes?" He glanced back.

The blonde smiled sweetly. "I plan on leaving in a week, so be sure to have everything you’ll be bringing ready to go. Pack light. I plan on bringing a lot scientific equipment for research and study. And I plan on using it. You understand, right?"

"Of course," Yondeiru grounded out. He hightailed out before she could say another word.

Meanwhile the young African-American woman had remained silent. The scientist turned to her. "You’ve been awful quiet. What’s the matter? Excited?"

The young woman blinked. "Excited? What do you mean?"

The scientist gave her a look. "Why, you’re coming along of course."

The young woman gaped. "But I’m no scientist! I’m just working as your assistant to pay for my college tuition!"

"Nonsense. You’ll be a big help. I know you’re a big fan and you can help me sort things and keep track of everything."

"But you don’t even know if this will work!"

"It will work." A grim look came upon the blonde scientist’s face. "It has to."

 

 

. . . And to write a story, you have to go back to the beginning, from where it all started. Seems so long ago now. . .

 

 

A scientist looking to discover the unusual

A businessman looking to discover the reality

And a girl just wanting to discover herself

Where will their path lead them?

 

 

It was a simple beginning really . . .

 

 

As the scientist started up the machine, the young African-American woman took a long look out the window, a studying gaze of what she was leaving behind. Deep down, she had a feeling, cold one, that many things would happen, horrible things, before she would see this place again. If ever.

A few feet away sat the Asian businessman, clutching his seat in fear. The machine was taking off and all three passengers strapped nervously into their seats. It seems that the machine could work after all. But where it would take them, was still a big question. Would they reach their destination? Would they find what they were looking for? Or would it be something totally different?

The woman again looked out the window and watched in awe as the view outside began to change. All she wanted was to go to college and hopefully become a writer. By becoming the assistant to a scientist, she hoped to earn the money to make that happen. But now it appeared, that she got more than she bargained for. And was maybe now in over her head. Crossing her fingers, she made a wish, as the machine continued its journey, taking them along with it.

 

. . . Or maybe it wasn’t so simple.

 

 

Our journey has begun

The destination is as yet unrevealed

A destiny awaits us

A destiny that will change all and nothing.



Go to Next Chapter
Return to THE MYSTIC SAGA