A plethora of facts, testimony, circumstantial evidence and common sense as well as certain material evidence has shown consistently that the deaths of John F. Kennedy Jr., wife Carolyn Bessette and sister-in-law Lauren Bessette and the destruction (by some means or other) of the Piper Saratoga aircraft the three were flying in were very likely not "accidental" events.

One of the PRIMARY indications the plane's destruction and the passengers' deaths were NOT the result of some "accident" is a radio contact made by pilot JFK Jr. to the Martha's Vineyard Airport flight control tower at 9:39 PM, July 16, 1999.

The timing and content of this radio contact, as well as the tone of Kennedy's conversation, invalidate to an overwhelming extent the prevailing, "officially-sanctioned" accounts of the event promulgated by the federal government through mass media outlets.

Now; let's go over this "official" "account". Federal government agencies such as the NTSB and the FAA put forth (at least publicly) the following scenario regarding the last 10 minutes or so of the flight.

According to them, radar records show Kennedy was changing altitude and direction somewhat erratically and rapidly in the minutes preceding the craft's destruction.

The implication here is that these radar records clearly indicate Kennedy's much-ballyhooed "inexperience" as a pilot combined with highly "unfavorable" weather/visibility conditions had resulted in Kennedy being in marginal control of the aircraft for some minutes before the plane was destroyed; that he eventually completely lost control and the aircraft plunged headlong into the sea in a "death spiral."

And at what time, according to these official accounts, did radar returns show the plane was destroyed? Try just after NINE THIRTY-NINE PM.

A NewsHawk associate has now obtained solid evidence that JFK Jr. DID in fact make radio contact with flight controllers at NINE THIRTY-NINE PM July 16.

What's even more important however, is that our associate also obtained IRREFUTABLE proof that the reported fact of this radio contact was deliberately removed from archived tape transcripts of WCVB-TV Channel 5's broadcast of July 17, 1999, during which-- at approximately 12:35 PM--U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer Todd Burgun reported to WCVB the fact of JFK Jr.'s radio contact the night before.

By later in the evening on July 17 this vital information was being actively covered up by WCVB and some other mass media outlets, as it has been in all subsequent government and mass media reports.

There is now PROOF that this tremendously important fact of JFK Jr.'s 9:39 PM radio contact was without doubt DELIBERATELY and literally "covered up": hours of time on the tape archive of WCVB's July 17 broadcast, during which information on Kennedy's radio contact was continually reported, have been intentionally cut.

The record has in fact been FALSIFIED.

We will discuss this extraordinarily significant issue momentarily.

Now of course there is some infinitesimally small chance that, seconds after Kennedy completed his radio call, either there was a catastrophic mechanical failure of some kind or JFK Jr. somehow completely and instantly lost control of the plane; one or the other possibility (or both) causing the crash.

Nevertheless: the timing, content and tone of this radio communication leaves the hypothesis that "pilot error" caused the crash--as drummed unceasingly into the minds of public through endless mass media regurgitation of such claims by government officials and agencies--virtually devoid of any credibility whatsoever: and if WHATEVER caused the crash were TRULY "accidental", then WHY has the fact that Kennedy made the call been completely covered up and lied about?

This proof that information on Kennedy's verified radio contact with flight controllers at 9:39 PM July 16, as reported to WCVB-TV by Petty Officer Todd Burgun of the Coast Guard, was subsequently expunged and deleted from ALL government AND media accounts of the tragedy and indeed specifically DENIED by all relevant agencies is beyond any reasonable doubt TOTALLY suspicious!

If the destruction of the plane and deaths of all passengers was "accidental" there is absolutely no reason for COVERING UP the fact of the 9:39 PM radio contact.

"Well, wait," you say. "Covered up? Lied about?"

Exactly how can we "prove" such a cover-up DID occur regarding this radio contact? How can we "prove" that what was indeed initially reported as ROCK-SOLID fact was within a matter of hours completely expunged from all official accounts and denied by many persons and agencies directly involved?

We will explain precisely how this can be PROVED forthwith.

Now course, a reasonable person can easily begin to see there's something just a LITTLE bit wrong with this "official" picture by now. But don't go away. The picture gets even worse.


Let's get back for a moment to those "official" claims mass media has bombarded us with over and over again--that weather/visibility conditions in the Martha's Vineyard region were lousy.

In FACT, FAA Flight Specialist Edward Meyer of LaGuardia Airport in Queens N.Y., tapped by FAA administrator Jane Garvey to prepare the FAA's OFFICIAL report of weather conditions when Kennedy's plane was destroyed, stated in the report that visibility in the region was AT LEAST very good on the evening of July 16.

Meyer himself became SO distressed by endless spewing of erroneous disinformation about these weather conditions by government agencies and mass media, he took the unprecedented step of issuing a public statement ON HIS OWN--which THOROUGHLY SLAMMED this onslaught of disinformational noise as complete, total NONSENSE, utterly unsupported by the FACTS.

To quote from Meyer's personal statement as released to mass media: "The weather along his flight was just fine. A little haze over eastern Connecticut.

"I don't know why the airplane crashed, but what I heard on the media was NOTHING BUT GARBAGE."

Thanks for standing up for the TRUTH, Mr. Meyer and God bless you.

Weather radar data for July 16, although strangely unavailable for the exact time when the plane was destroyed, DOES show that atmospheric moisture, "haze". etc. were quite minimal around Martha's Vineyard both before and after the plane's destruction, in contrast to conditions further west, closer to the NYC metropolitan area.

Okay. We can forget about poor weather/visibility conditions contributing to the plane's destruction by "pilot error" and such.

Next, let's take a look at claims Kennedy was in fact seriously under-qualified to be flying at all under such conditions, even though we have just PROVEN weather conditions at Martha's Vineyard were in fact QUITE GOOD.


Various disinformational sources have claimed that Kennedy had anywhere from under 100 to at most perhaps 200-300 hours of flight experience at the time of his death. Other almost laughable disinformation issued forth from spooks, intelligence agents and dupes of various stripes and nationalities, who spewed static about Kennedy's recklessness and foolhardiness, culminating in claims that Kennedy possessed some kind of "risk-taking" geneS never before heard of in the history of science. And on and on. You get the picture.

What's the REAL truth about Kennedy's qualifications as a pilot? How about this.

Every personal flight instructor JFK Jr. EVER had stated that the man was an EXCEPTIONALLY cautious, prudent and careful pilot, absolutely NOT given to recklessness or "risk-taking' of any kind in any way shape or form while flying. Our many previous articles on this tragedy identify and quote a number of these individuals.

However, most significant regarding this issue are statements from John McColgan, Kennedy's federal licensing instructor in Vero Beach, Florida.

McColgan stated that Kennedy's flight experience dates back SEVENTEEN years; to 1981. He also reported Kennedy had over 700 hours total flight time; that Kennedy had completed his written test for instrument flight rating AND indeed had completed his training for the in-flight instrument rating test only several months before his death. Kennedy just hadn't taken the in-flight test.

McColgan noted that Kennedy WAS basically qualified to fly on instruments alone (NOT that he would have even NEEDED to around 9:39 PM July 16, 1999 near Martha's Vineyard), and furthermore called Kennedy an EXCELLENT PILOT.

SO, we can now forget about claims that Kennedy was an inexperienced, under-qualified, reckless, "risk-taking pilot.

NOW, let's look at what was going on in the air over the water near the southwest part of Martha's Vineyard on July 16, 1999 at around 9:39 PM.

What WAS going on was that Kennedy radioed the Vineyard airport control tower.

According to UPI's news bulletin titled "Hopes Fade For Missing Kennedy Plane" (UPI Focus) AQUINNAH, Mass., July 17 (UPI) -(as excerpted verbatim from the article at -- http://www.upi.com/corp/news/jfkjr3.html)

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

'At 9:39 p.m. Friday, Kennedy radioed the airport and said he was 13 miles from the airport and 10 miles from the coast, according to WCVB-TV news in Boston. He reportedly said he was making his final approach.

'Moments later, radar operated by the Federal Aviation Administration showed the plane went into a dive and dropped 1,200 feet in just 12 seconds, according to ABC News.

'In his final approach message, WCVB-TV said Kennedy told controllers at the airport that he planned to drop off his wife's sister and then take off again between 11 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. for Hyannis Airport.'

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Although these crucial facts regarding Kennedy's 9:39 PM radio contact were reported by WCVB-TV Boston as well as by UPI and several other local TV stations in the Martha's Vineyard area, they were removed from WCVB's reporting later in the evening on July 17, subsequently disappeared from UPI's accounts within about 24 hours and were also subsequently DENIED by airport personnel.

Indeed news of Kennedy's radio contact never even made it to some mass media outlets and if it did was quickly expunged from later reports.

Questions put to WCVB-TV personnel several days afterward about their broadcast of this information were disingenuously skirted; though never outright denied. One such statement from the station was: "we don't "BELIEVE" we broadcast that information."

Well, it turns out there's a good reason WCVB personnel never outright denied having broadcast this information, because THEY DID broadcast it!



The tape of WCVB's broadcast of Saturday, July 17, starting at about 12 noon, was obtained from Corporate Media Services of Auburn, New Hampshire, which archives tapes of TV broadcasts and markets copies.

On the tape, at approximately 12:35 PM, WCVB news anchor Susan Warnick reports there is a significant new development in the case of Kennedy's missing plane.

Says Warnick: "We have been told by the Coast Guard that in fact there IS now EVIDENCE of a last communication, last night, with JFK Jr.'s plane as it was ON APPROACH to Martha's Vineyard Airport. Petty Officer Todd Burgun joins us from the Coast Guard base in Boston. He is a petty officer and public information officer.

"Thank you for being with us, sir. What can you tell us about this last communication with JFK Jr.'s plane?"

The station cuts to a live audio feed from Todd Burgun at U.S. Coast Guard headquarters in Boston. Burgun begins speaking as follows: "All I know at this time is that it was at 9:39 PM, and it was with the FAA and it was on a-(pproach?) --"

And, on the archive tape of the broadcast as originally received, THAT'S IT!

INCREDIBLY, the first archive tape transcript/copy received from Corporate Media Services is CUT--right there! Just as Petty Officer Todd Burgun begins his report on newly discovered evidence of the 9:39 PM radio call from Kennedy!

THIS tape then resumes with WCVB's broadcast from approximately 6 PM that evening.

How about that. The tape transcript of WCVB's July 16 broadcast is inexplicably cut JUST as Todd Burgun of the U.S. Coast Guard begins his report of what the announcer had most appropriately called a major, very significant new development in the case. There is a gap of over FIVE HOURS in the tape of their broadcast that day--as first received.

Now; any guesses what the first words out of the mouth of the evening news anchor are when the tape of the broadcast resumes at 6 PM? The announcer, fidgeting, fumbling for words, looking nervous, distraught and downright UPSET, haltingly and stutteringly makes the following, tortuous, garbled and HIGHLY unconvincing statement.

"Something that we had THOUGHT earlier (FIRST lie--there was NO 'thought' involved at all: rather an UNEQUIVOCAL official report from the Coast Guard) MAY not be TRUE: that there WAS actually NO radio communication (SECOND lie--one moment she says "may not be true" and in the next breath says "there WASS noS communication") with JFK Jr.'s plane after it left New Jersey.

"We had HOPED ("we" had?) that there was some radio communication of course (?), most recently at Martha's Vineyard (?). ThisS thisS (uncomfortable pause) -- last night at about NINE O'CLOCK, NINE- THIRTY (being obviously aware of the TRUTH of the radio contact she inadvertently gives the location and general time of the actual contact!!), when perhaps things STARTED TO GO WRONG (?!) (giving away the truth again!).

"We had hoped we could learn from that, but it SEEMSS thatS thereS (another uncomfortable pause)-- MAY be NO EVIDENCE (MAY be?) because (and here's the zinger) there MAY be no RECORDING to listen to TO GET THESE DETAILS FROM!"

Whew! A look of immense relief crossed the announcer's face as she manages to finish her obviously distressing task of lying bold-faced to the camera; her hands and those of her co-anchor fidgeting continuously throughout her ordeal. The entire scene just REEKS of someone having just been told by higher-ups to "get out there" and LIE.

And even in the depths of this mishmash of lies and falsifications, the announcer does not--or probably CAN not--just state plainly and simply: "the Coast Guard was mistaken--there was no radio contact between Kennedy and the airport." Period.

Naturally, our source's interest was highly provoked at this clear evidence of falsification of the record and got in touch with Corporate Media Services in regard to the situation. He was given some lame excuse as to why the station had wanted their tape archive cut at that point, which of course had nothing to do with the incredibly important information reported on during the time period missing from the tape first received.

Prevailing upon the personnel at Corporate Media Services, he was able to obtain an UN-CUT tape copy of WCVB's July 17 broadcast, which had on it the portion of the broadcast cut from the first tape.

And guess what? On the UN-CUT tape of the broadcast, Officer Burgun goes on to deliver his full report, which makes note of those points reported by UPI as quoted above: that Kennedy, completely calm and obviously "in command" of himself, his craft and the overall situation, was on approach to the airport and had given his approximate position and trajectory as well as made a comment about dropping Lauren Bessette off and then continuing on to Hyannis.

This tremendously significant information is then referred to REPEATEDLY for the next several hours by WCVB; with EVERY possible indication that Kennedy's 9:39 radio contact is absolute, ROCK-SOLID, verifiable FACT!

And that's what was cut from the tape archive of the station's July 17 broadcast.

Most interestingly as well, ALSO reported by WCVB news anchors repeatedly during that portion of the broadcast which was cut, is the fact that a reporter for the (Martha's) Vineyard Gazette who was on Philbin Beach (southwest end of Martha's Vineyard) the evening of July 16 saw an AIRBORNE EXPLOSION in the general vicinity of the sky where Kennedy's plane was destroyed at approximately 9:40.

THIS information was also covered up and outright denied by all relevant parties and agencies in all subsequent government and media accounts of the event.

Now, as we've noted, although the timing, content and tone of Kennedy's 9:39 PM communication with flight controller personnel in and of themselves almost COMPLETELY invalidate the possibility "pilot error"--especially--or even some chance catastrophic mechanical failure caused the plane's destruction, there is still an incredibly small chance that seconds after this communication one or the other eventuality did occur.

However, if that WERE in fact the case, then WHY has the absolutely undeniable FACT of this radio contact been COVERED UP in every official statement and news story on the incident beginning later in the day on Saturday, July 17 and continuing on until the present?

If Kennedy had an ACCIDENT, then WHY has the TRUTH been covered up?

This irrefutable proof of cover-up can only mean that the deaths of Kennedy, his reportedly pregnant wife and her sister didn't happen "by accident". This can only mean they were murdered by means of deliberate destruction/sabotage of the aircraft.

Just think about the degree and intensity of pressure which was applied to the owners/managers of WCVB-TV Boston to make them force their news crews to deliberately and knowingly LIE on camera about what the station had just previously reported for several hours straight; which was applied to Martha's Vineyard airport personnel to make them lie when questioned about Kennedy's radio contact; which was applied to WCVB's owners/managers to make them have Corporate Media Services alter/falsify the tape archive of the station's July 17 broadcast.

Think about WHAT THIS MEANS about present conditions in the United States of America.

There is another issue tangential to this which must be noted. We have perused NewsHawk's emails from early September, several days before author/researcher Jim Keith met his seemingly suspicious demise.

Keith had just written an article about the many suspicious aspects to the deaths of JFK Jr. and the Bessettes.

Keith had in fact been "tipped off" to much of the very same information on the JFK Jr./Bessette murders which NewsHawk had previously brought to light. An intermediary was in the process of connecting us DIRECTLY to Keith regarding the matter only a few days before his death so Keith could get access to what we'd already written. Other sources say he had been digging into the case and there is an indication that he had come into possession of this same hard evidence of COVER-UP as we've just described: hard evidence which has now been widely disseminated--as explained below.

With regret we must inform the American people and the people of the world that the proof shows the U.S. government has FORCED the TRUTH of the deaths of John F. Kennedy Jr. and the Bessettes to be covered up.

Multiple copies of the deliberately cut and falsified tape archive of WCVB-TV Boston's July 17 broadcast as well as the un-cut version as it ORIGINALLY AIRED have been sent a number of reliable, uncompromised investigators throughout the world for synchronized release on public access cable channels and websites, so that this IRREFUTABLE HARD EVIDENCE of a cover-up of the true facts of these deaths can and will be presented to the world.

© Copyright 1999 NewsHawk® Inc.
Rights of unaltered reproduction/distribution hereby waived