Below are some of my favorite quotes,mottos and phrases I have read
about in novels and newspaper and credits MUST go to the original
writers.These meaningfull words have played a major part in my life,
I'm sure that it will too play a part in yours.To those of you who wants
to add some here,please do
mail it,be it your very own or from other sources.
* Mind over matter--Garry Wong
* I live to eat not eat to live--Garry Wong
* We do not fight for fame,money or country but for the man
next to us.
* Make a difference -- Planet Hollywood restaurant
* Prevention is better than cure.
* No pain,No gain.
* A bone to the dog is not charity.Charity is the
bone shared with the dog,when you are just as hungry
as it is.
* The difference between reality & fiction;
Fiction has to make sense.
* Perseverance is the hardwork you do after you get
tired of doing the hard work you have already did.
* Man is harder than iron,stronger than stone and more
fragile than a rose.
* Loving a child doesn't mean giving it all to his whims.
To love him is to bring out the best in him,to teach him
to love what is difficult.
* Pride comes from an achievement that does not depend on
other's help.It is the hard-earned approval we grant
* If it ain't broke,don't fixed it.
* When man has minds set on victory all they see is the
enemy.When they has minds filled with fear all they see
* (Armed Forces) It took three years to build a ship
but three hundred years to build a tradition.
* (Armed Forces) When one goes to war,be conscious that
ten generation of officers are watching over their
* "The most beautiful things in the world can neither
be seen nor touched, just felt in the heart."
- Helen Keller
* Someone who shits on you is not necessarily your enemy
.Someone who gets you out of shit is not necessarily
* A small hole could sink a great ship.
* Facts are power.
* If you find a way of working so that people are cared
for,they will give their best.
* While individually we may not be as good,as a team,we
* The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
* He who does not hope to win has already lost.
* Easy part is to know the right thing to do.The hard
part is doing it.
* "Who Dares, Wins." -- British Special Air Service (SAS)
(Other SAS variants include: "Who sweats,wins" and "Who plans, wins")
* "Not by strength, but by guile" -- British Special Boat Service (SBS)
* "The only easy day was yesterday." -- US Navy SEALs
* "There is no 'I' in TEAM." -- US Navy SEALs
* "Anyone can just go in there and kill someone,
but you can't get information from a corpse." -- SEAL motto
* "Pain is weakness leaving the body." -- Various Special Ops Instructors
* "These things we do that others may live." -- USAF Pararescue
* "Any Time, Any Place"
* "Make the Impossible Possible"
* "As long as we have faith in our own cause and an
unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us." -- SirWinston Churchill
* "The truth shall set you free." -- U.S. Central Intelligence Agency Motto
* There is no limit to the good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.
-- General George C. Marshall
* Anybody who doesn't have fear is an idiot.
* If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly.
-- Nick Lappos, Chief R&D Pilot, SikorskyAircraft.
* "It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out
how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done
them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the
arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who
strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who
knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself
in a worthy cause;who, if he wins, knows the triumph of high
achievement; and who, if he fails,at least fails while daring
greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid
souls who know neither victory nor defeat." -- "The Man in the Arena"
* Use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of
wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of
time." -- General George S. Patton, Jr.
* "Kill one, terrify a thousand." -- Sun Tzu
* "The universe is so vast and ageless that the life of one
man can only be measured by the size of his sacrifice." -- Flying Officer VA Rosewarne, RAF
* "It is better to live one day as a lion than a hundred
years as a sheep." -- Italian proverb
* Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste death but once.
-- Shakespeare: Julius Caesar
* "He who knows others is wise. He whoknows himself is enlightened.
He who conquers others has physical strength.He who conquers himself is strong."
-- Tao te Chin
* "If you're not gonna pull the trigger, don't point the gun."
-- James Baker
* No matter how long the river, the river will reach the sea.
--Eugene Fitch Ware
* No man is fit to command another that cannot command himself.
-- William Penn
* A leader is a man who had the ability to get other people
to do what they don't want to do, and like it. -- Harry S. Truman
* Cowards die many times before their deaths -- William Shakespeare