Site hosted by Build your free website today!

A rolling Crusher gathers no Gil . . . er . . . moss.
Don't you wish all of the enemy sprites in the game were animated like me?

Strange, spherical lattices that can be found in Squaresoft's 1994 Final Fantasy VI Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) video game (said title was also later ported to the Sony Playstation and Nintendo Gameboy Advance). They can be randomly encountered at Owzer's Mansion in the town of Jidoor (World of Ruin). Crushers do battle by rolling over the opposition (hence their name), ramming with brutal 'Direct Hit' strikes, or with the 'Life Shaver' leeching phenomena (this drains hit points from the target to restore the life of the caster--in effect, a vampiric cure spell). The enemies TumbleWeed and Crusher share the same game sprite, but differ in color and ability.

Crushers are ranked as Level 36 monsters. They have 2,095 hit points (HP) and 340 magic points (MP). Every Crusher that you slay will net your party 577 experience points and $755 in Gil. Crushers are particularly susceptible to fire-based attacks and magic, but they are immune to the status effects Darkness, Imp, Petrify, Death, Doom, Berserk, Confusion, and Sleep.

'Super Ball' (a single-use attack item that deals significant damage to multiple enemies as it bounces around the battlefield) can potentially be stolen (87.5% probability) from a Crusher, or obtained after the fight as spoils (12.5% probability). Gau can learn the Rage ability 'Life Shaver' from any Crushers he encounters while in the Veldt (They won't show up there until you defeat at least one at Owzer's. The enemies Ing/Outcast, Misfit, TumbleWeed, and Psychos/Psychot also teach Life Shaver). If Relm controls a Crusher (by equipping the 'Fake Mustache' Relic), she can directly command it to execute normal attacks, Direct Hit, and Life Shaver against itself, or its' monstrous allies [if you only have Relm's regular 'Sketch' ability, the Crusher will randomly execute Life Shaver (75% probability) or Direct Hit (25% probability)]. The Ragnarok Esper can be used to morph Crushers into Remedies (a single-use medicinal item that cures all negative status effects, except for Zombie and KO) with a 50% chance of success.

Tissue paper, white glue, super glue, plastic, and acrylic paint.

2.3 cm/0.9 in. x 2.3 cm/0.9 in. (widest point x highest point)

I sculpted and painted the outer lattice in a few hours on October 28, 2009. I then made the small, interior core, and attached it, on October 30, 2009, completing the figure.

Crusher photo collage.

Pallette-swapped TumbleWeed mock-up.

For comparison/informational purposes, below are several images from the Final Fantasy VI video game:

Shadow, Relm, Locke, and Gau take on a couple of Crushers and two Soul Dancers inside Owzer's Mansion in Jidoor.

(In no particular order of importance.)

  •   Final Fantasy VI Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) video game. Note that this was intentionally mistitled Final Fantasy III in North America when it was released in 1994, to avoid consumer confusion (Final Fantasies II, III, and V hadn't been published in the region at the time, thus, VI was re-numbered as III, because it was the third Final Fantasy game, in the main series chronology, to be published in North America).

  •   Final Fantasy VI: Advance Gameboy Advance (GBA) video game.
  •   Various GameFAQs Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy VI Advance game guides.

  •   RPG Classics Shrines Final Fantasy VI 'World of Ruin' bestiary.

« Return To My Square-Enix Video Game Fan Art Gallery

This is a nonprofit web site.
Any and all copyrighted imagery, terminology, etc., depicted here belongs to its respective holders/owners.
The background graphics are from the Engine Room inside Figaro Castle.