Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

When They Found Out
Cupid Guy
By Elena Ridgeway
spunkie_2003@yahoo.com

bar_er.jpg (2255 bytes)

I was sitting there, when a nice doc with red hair came over. She seemed like some kind of a boss: bitchy and to the point. I didn't really mind. As long as she could tell me what was wrong with my ankle, I didn't give a damn. She went to find another board, and I sat there, twiddling my thumbs. I heard a scream, and a ton of commotion. I wondered what had happened. I leaned back as far as I could, trying to clear my mind. Cops started swarming the area. One came over to me. "Did you see a man in a hospital gown come this way?"

"Nah. No one since that red haired doc. Where is she anyway?"

"Thanks for your time, sir."

"Hey, can you get a doc over here?" He walked away, and I was pissed. Where the hell were they? A nurse came over and told me she was taking me up to radiology, and to ignore all the policemen around.

"Took ya long enough."

"Well, it's been a long day sir." She seemed kind of like a latina. Pretty hot too. She could say whatever she wanted. I didn't care. We got into the elevator, and a tear slid down her cheek.

"You ok, nurse?"

"Yeah. Rough day."

"Tell me about it."

It had been a rough day. I wondered what made her day so awful. Could it really be worse that falling singing 'My Funny Valentine' to an office party and nearly breaking your ankle? I think not.

bar_er.jpg (2255 bytes)