Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

A Time To Heal
Part One
By Amanda
rainbowx5@aol.com

Authors note: This was based on a Carter and the main characters and im going to do more storys on Carter recovering. This what i got for now. Thank you Amanda. Oh if any one wants to help me please do.

bar_er.jpg (2255 bytes)

Everyone was having a great time at the party. But then Carter went to find lucy. He enter exam room three and it was dark in there. All of sudden he felt a sharp pain in his back. He screamed Somebody help me. But then he saw Lucy on the other side and things went black. Kerry had just come in on the night shift and saw the staff having a valentines party. Then she goes to the lounge and changes into her labcoat. She then asks Luka if he has any patients he can hand off to her.

Luka: Yeah a guy with playing cupid.

Kerry: Thanks

Randi: I need some one in radiology for a patient name sanders.

Lydia:I think thats carters.

Kerry: Okay someone go find carter.

Kerry is walking by the exam room and finds the patient mr. conn waiting. She trys but the board is not working. Then she tells him that she will be right back. She is walking by exam room three and notices a foot print with blood. She opens the door and Screams. Deb Chen who was looking for Kerry had heard her scream. She asked what was wrong and she says

Kerry: I found Carter and Lucy, they been stabbed. Go to the admit desk where everbody is and tell them to get a board and a gurney in here now.

At the admit desk carol is saying goodbye about to leave when Deb comes running up to them.

Deb: Kerry and I need help getting a gurney and a backboard into exam room three.

Carol: Why do you need those in their, she asked confused.

Deb: Its carter and lucy there hurt badly. They been stabbed.

Everyone at the admit desk were in shock but then carol broke the silence.

Carol: Im going to get a gurney and someone page peter benton he would like to know what is happening and also page mark greene. They all knew that they were done with the party and had to go help Kerry with Carter and Lucy.

bar_er.jpg (2255 bytes)

Peter Benton was talking to someone in recovery when his pager went off. He went to the phone to call the ER why had they paged him. As he listen carefully he heard that his former med student John carter had been stabbed and that Kerry was the one that found him and lucy. He was running down the stairs in hurry to get to carter. When he got down there he heard Deb Chen, Luka kovac, Abby Lockheart, and Lydia working on carter.

He suddenly shouted "Is he consicous, Is he concious?

Luka had responded and told him no that he isn't conscious and that he is hypotensive. Then he asked to roll him over to see the wounds and he was shocked how bad they were. Then he told them to get a foley and then learned that the knife got his descending colon and then Haleh had to tell him that needed him for Lucy, he didn't want to leave carter there unconsicous.

bar_er.jpg (2255 bytes)

Back in the trauma room where carter is, he is still unconscious and they had just inserted the foley and now they learned that they have to intubate him because he is not breathing. All of sudden he goes into v-tach and so now they have shocked him and he is revived. He now has to go up to the or. Deb Chen runs to get peter benton.

bar_er.jpg (2255 bytes)

Peter is working on Lucy when Deb comes in, she's tells him what is happening with Carter and says that he needs to go up now. He tells Kerry he wants to get to carter and she lets him.

bar_er.jpg (2255 bytes)

Mark and Elizabeth have just come back after being paged Mark comes in to see that an unconscious carter is going upstairs to have surgery. He has asked Benton how he is. He responds not too good. He's in serious condition.

bar_er.jpg (2255 bytes)

It has been two months since Carter's attack and he is still in a coma. Lucy did died. Peter Benton is sitting at his bedside.

bar_er.jpg (2255 bytes)

Back down in the ER Susan Lewis and Doug Ross have enter and are wondering why people aren't laughing or joking around like they used to.

Haleh to Carol: I remember the time carter played a practical joke on Lucy.

Carol: I remember that. Do you remember the time he requested the song Twist and shout for Susan.

Haleh: Yep he was just a med. student then and cute one.

Susan: Carol!

Carol: Oh my god Susan, Doug what are you guys doing here?

Susan: Well Im back here as an attending and so is Doug. But whats with the mood around here it doesn't look like anyone's cheerful.

Carol: Alot things have happen since you gone. Carter is a third year resident here now.

Susan: Wow.

Carol: Well your not going see him down here for awhile, see something happen to Carter two months ago.

Susan: Really what happened? Susan and Doug waiting for Carol to answer.

Carol: Well he was attacked by being stabbed and so was Lucy. Doug she died, but Carter has been in a coma for two months.

Susan: Thats sad.

Carol: I know.

bar_er.jpg (2255 bytes)

Back in carters room carol and mark are talking.

Mark: so Susan came back as an attending.

Carol: Yep. All sudden they here a groan coming from the bed.

Carter: (in a weak voice) Hello.

Mark: Welcome back Carter.

Carter: What happened?

Carol: You gave us quite a scare?

Carter: What happened?

Mark: You don't remember do you?

Carter: No

Mark: You were stabbed and so was Lucy.

Carter: I don't remember anything about it.

Carol: Oh

Mark: Well Im going to the ER to tell everbody your out of your coma.

Carter: I was in a coma.

Carol: Yes for two months now.

Carter: Oh

bar_er.jpg (2255 bytes)

Back down in the ER everyone see Mark and Carol with a smile on their face.

Kerry to Mark and Carol: What are you guys smiling about?

Mark and Carol in unison: Carter is awake and out of his coma.

Everyone is stunned and smile to hear this.

Mark: He's going to have a long time to recover.

bar_er.jpg (2255 bytes)