Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Joined: Chapter 2: Past Lives Can Be Fun

Author: Cadey

Characters: M, Amy Thomas, Claudia

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters. Methos and Amy belong to Panzer/Davis and Claudia belongs to her PTB.

Rating: PG-13

Author's Notes: Just a short one here. Again, flashback and romance warnings are in effect. Methos/Amy Thomas romance. *ducks more flying Queen CDs, opera singers, pianos, cameras, computers, and various types of stolen jewelry* Feedback can be sent to highlandspacecadet@yahoo.com.


"Just relax. Let your mind travel back in time." Amy Thomas relaxed further back into the chair, breathing deeply. Claudia was right behind her, sitting on her desk.

Dr. Adam Pierson, known only to Amy as Methos, raised an eyebrow as he stepped into the office. "As attractive a picture this is, what's going on?"

Claudia looked over her shoulder. "Past life regression," she calmly stated, like it was a normal part of the day.

"Past life?"

"Mmm-hmm." Claudia looked back at Amy. "Amy? Where are you?"

"A stadium. Lots of men around."

"Are you frightened?"

Amy shook her head and smiled. "No. The High Priestess says that the men will not harm the priestesses of Zeus. We give them blessings from the gods." Her brow furrowed. "The men are cheering and pointing. The men that ran the distance from Marathon to Athens are running in. Oh my..."

"What do you see?"

"The one who will win. He's so beautiful."

Since Claudia's back was turned towards him, she couldn't see the blush that was creeping up Methos' neck. He could see the race from Amy's perspective, but also his own.

**472 BC**

The race was a hard one and many men could not last the full distance. He had always been good at these long races, and coupled with his Immortal healing, no mortal could catch him. The long race held in honor of an Athenian soldier running from Marathon to Athens seemed like a perfect run for him.

Caspian and Kronos had laughed when they first heard of the games where all Greek men could compete with each other in perfect peace. Silas merely looked confused and continued to carve a wooden block. Methos was fascinated. Caspian had raised the idea of killing all of the mortals at the games in Olympia, but Methos had deemed it too reckless and no chance of profit. In a secret part of his brain, barely known to himself yet, was a part of him that wished to be free of the violence he had wrought.

So here he was, running naked along side other men who had set aside their wars and battles until the games were over, and he was having *fun.* He ran past the discus area for the last time, knowing that he would triumph this day. The nearest man was seven body lengths behind him and could not catch up before Methos finished the race first. He could see the white robed forms of the priestesses of Zeus huddled near the platform of the winner. They were the only women allowed at the games, and only to bless the winners with the blessing of Zeus.

**Present Day**

Amy looked shocked for a moment. "The High Priestess wants *me* to bless the winner."

Claudia smiled. At least Amy's vision was less violent than hers. "Is the winner cute?"

Amy sighed. "He's so beautiful. I hope that I don't forget the blessing."

Methos was still frozen in place, remembering...

**472 BC**

He was sweating and short of breath, but he had won. The priestesses that were not giving him the blessing led him to the platform. Then he saw the priestess who was to give him the blessing of Zeus. She was a little less than a head shorter than he and her eyes were the most amazingly brilliant blue-gray, like the color of the sky right before a storm. She was smiling shyly at him as she settled the laurel leaves around his head. She picked up her own branch of laurel and blessed both him and his victory in the name of Zeus. Once finished, she knelt down beside him as a gesture of respect. He had to concentrate very hard on not letting every man there see that he desired the priestess. His eyes blazed with pride even as his head dipped in humbleness. The small smile that had often driven Caspian to violence curved his lips as he looked down at the priestess.

**Present Day**

"I know that he desires me, just by looking in his eyes." A smile curves Amy's lips. "Methos..."

Methos jerked as if he had been shot and the shock must have traveled down his link to Amy, since she started to come out of the trance-like state she was in.

"Whoa. Now that was an experience," Amy muttered. She could almost feel the warm Mediterranean sun on her bare arms, feel the heavy weight of her hair against her back, and smell the sweat coming off of the men.

Claudia smiled and turned back towards Methos. "Do you want to try it Adam?"

Methos gave her a charming smile. "If it's all the same to you, I'd rather stick with this lifetime."

Claudia sighed in mock exasperation. "First Nigel, and now you. What do you English guys have against this?"

"Nigel?"

"I regressed him once, and he said that he wasn't ever doing it again." Methos' smile took on unholy aspects.

"What happened?"

"He came out of it howling, and for the rest of the day, he avoided Sydney like the plague. He wouldn't look her in the eyes for a couple of days after that too." Even Amy had to laugh at that picture. Claudia slid off Amy's desk and moved to the door. "I'd better get back. They get out of class in five minutes."

"Thanks Claudia."

"Not a problem Amy." Claudia waved and was out the door. Methos jerked his head toward his office, which already had the blinds closed, preventing anyone from seeing in. Amy followed somewhat warily.

Once the door shut, Methos grabbed Amy and planted a bruising kiss on her lips.

"Whatever I did, tell me so I can keep doing it and how long I'll get the same reaction," she muttered as he pulled away from her lips.

Methos chuckled softly as he planted small kisses around her face. "I always thought that you looked fairly familiar, but I couldn't place you from anywhere."

"Now that you know, care to recreate the scene tonight?"

"It would be my pleasure."

Amy's eyes sparkled. "But that's only half the objective." She winked at him and had her hand on the doorknob when she was suddenly pulled against his lean body. He had her turned around and against the door in the space of two heartbeats. His body molded against hers as he recaptured her lips.

He stepped away from her just as she felt like her insides had completely melted. "Methos..." she breathed.

"Tonight Amy." He brought her left wrist up and pressed a kiss onto it, making her shiver. She nodded and went back out to her desk. Tonight was going to be very interesting.


End Joined, Chapter 2