Benjamin Williams Battle
Benjamin Williams Battle was born in North Carolina on May 13, 1772. He is the son of Thomas Battle and Ann Williams.
Benjamin married 1) Sarah Greer of Rutherford Co., TN. She is listed in the 1830 Census for Rutherford Co., TN. He married 2) Beersheba ?. Benjamin moved to Gibson Co., Tennessee. Benjamin died on September 4, 1839 in Gibson Co., Tennessee
and Beersheba died about 1850 in Gibson Co., Tennessee.I have been unable to locate the time and place of Sarah Greer's death. Benjamin had eight children: Henry Battle, Elizabeth Battle, Harmon Battle, Benjamin W. Battle,
Ilaine Battle, Debra Battle, Felix Grundy Battle, and Louisa Battle.
- Henry Battle was born on October 16, 1816, he died on August 1, 1882 in Gibson Co., Tennessee. He married twice, 1. Martha Dunlap 2. Eleanor(Eley) Moore. Henry had eight
children with Martha: Mary Ann Battle, Paulina(Parilina)Battle, Martha Battle, William Felix Battle, Adaline Battle, Nancy E. Battle, Thomas(Thas)Battle, and Paralee Battle.
- Elizabeth Battle was born on December 10, 1818, she died March 28, 1888. Elizabeth married James Gibson on November 22, 1837 in Gibson Co., Tennessee. They had six children:
Azillia Gibson, ? Gibson, John P. Gibson, James(LJW)Gibson, Harmon B. Gibson, and G.A.Gibson.
- Harmon Battle was born about 1821, he died about 1865.
- Ilaine Battle was born about 1824.
- Benjamin W. Battle was born about 1828. He enlisted in the Civil War on August 1, 1863 for three years. On July 14, 1864, he was wounded at the Battle of Harrisburg,
now present day Tupelo. Benjamin served in the 20th TN Calvary,CSA Weakley Co.,TN. He was in Company "C", his company was combined
with Shaw's company to form Company "E" of the consolidated regiment. He married ? Tooms in Gibson Co., TN on April 21, 1865.
- Felix Grundy Battle was born on April 7, 1832 in Tennessee, he died November 12, 1883 in Culla Chaha, Choctaw Nation. Felix married Safronia Frances Smith on March
13,1872. They had five children: John H. Battle, William A. Battle, Carol(Marzie)Battle, Mauda(Maude)L. Battle, and Jenny Almerty(Myrtle)Battle.
- Louisa Battle was born on May 13, 1833. She married Edmund Keeley in Gibson Co.,Tennessee on October 12, 1853. They had six children: Samuel E. Keeley, Anstinia Keeley, Mark Henry Keeley, Caroline(ERJ)Keeley, Fannie(EG)Keeley, and Dollie Keeley.
- Debra Battle was born abt. 1825. She married John W. Varner in Gibson Co., TN.
These are the children of Benjamin Battle and Sarah Greer: Henry Battle, Elizabeth Battle, Harmon Battle, Ilaine Battle, Debra Battle, and Benjamin Battle. Until I know Sarah's death date, I am unsure who is the mother of Felix Grundy Battle, or Louisa Battle.
Battle Pride Homepage