Kevin's 2005 All-Star Game Trip
Bottom picture is Cal Ripkin pitching to a little Little Leaguer
Kevin's Highs and Lows
Top Five Ballpark Experiences (BIB Trips Only):
- Seattle's Kingdome: for all the same reasons as the other Brothers, plus the noise the fans make while opponents' pitchers warm-up (Whoop! when the pitcher throws it, Wuuuu! when the catcher tosses it back)
- San Diego's Qualcomm Stadium: It'll always be the Murph to me, but I won't give it first until the Pads return to their rightful yellow and brown
- Milwaukee's County Stadium: The sausage races were the wurst!
- LA's Dodger Stadium: just too cool the way the stadium uses the terrain
- Fenway: Ah, the memories of 1975 Game 6...
Bottom Three Ballpark Experiences (BIB Trips Only):
- Baltimore's Memorial Stadium: Damn good thing that Camden Yards came along
- Philadelphia's Veterans' Stadium: A close second. Scott's right - sterile is the word. Maybe if they had cheesesteak races...
- New York's Shea Stadium: A distant third, but my beloved Reds lost that night.
Top Minor League Ballpark Experiences (BIB Trips Only):
- Yakima Bears: Toolson on the crapper when he is announced as between-innings promo participant
- Rancho Cucamonga Quakes: Bunches of near-miss foul balls and my favorite ballcap, major or minor league
Bottom Minor League Ballpark Experiences (BIB Trips Only):
- Portland Rockies: Most excitement of evening was PA announcer trying to get illegal parkers out of fireworks launch zone.
- Wisconsin TimberRattlers: Thrill of free caps tainted by the dropped shirt incident
Why Baseball is Cool:
- Foul balls in the stands
- Pete Rose
- Bull Durham
- Asymmetrical fields
- No clock
- Managers wear uniforms
- John Kruk
Why Baseball is "Suck":
A site for getting Pete Rose into the Hall
- The DH
- Pete Rose isn't in the Hall
- Ty Cobb is
- Peter Gammons
- Spring Training 1/4 as long as the season
- High Salaries
- The 1994 Strike
- Stadium naming rights
- Too few doubleheaders