Weight: 8100 lbs. Maximum
1. Ballast is permitted. Hanging weights may not extend more than 60 inches from the centerline of the front axle.
2. The batteries must be securely mounted. They may not be located in the driver compartment.
3. The body must be an OEM truck body. If bed floor is removed, it must be covered with a Tonneau style or aluminum/sheetmetal style bed cover. The body must retain full sheet metal. Metal aftermarket hoods are permitted. Fiberglass is prohibited. The hood must be closed and securely latched while the vehicle is hooked to the sled. The complete OEM firewall and complete OEM floor pan is mandatory.
4. Front brakes are mandatory.
5. The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body used. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back-half conversions, tube chassis, etc., are prohibited.
6. Cooling system is optional
7. Driveline 2.6: Transmission, transfer case and front axle must have been an option on a oneton
or smaller pickup. Larger rear axle may be used, rear axle bolts must be covered by a cap or
Driveline 3.0 Smooth Bore: Open driveline, rear axle bolts must be covered by a cap or shield.
8. All trucks that are not completely stock must have at least six inch wide u-joint shields around the rear u-joint constructed of at least 1/4-inch steel or 3/8 inch aluminum that will safely contain the u-joint and the end of the rear shaft. All shields must be securely mounted to the vehicle. Any front shaft u-joint that is visible from the side of the truck must be shielded to contain the u-joint and the end of the shaft.
9. The engine block must have been available as a factory option on a one-ton or smaller pickup truck.
10. All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts minimum grade 5 must be installed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other as close to the turbo as is practical.
11. The fuel must be pump #1/#2 diesel only. Soy/Bio-diesel fuel is permitted. Off-road diesel fuel is prohibited. NITROUS OXIDE is prohibited along with other oxygen extenders and the use of PROPANE is also prohibited. All system components MUST be removed from the truck.
12. Fuel Injection Pump: Maximum “P” series pump allowed. One plunger permitted per cylinder.
13. All engines turning 4500 RPM and higher must be equipped with a harmonic balancer or damper meeting SFI Spec 18.1. A shield across the frame under the front of the engine shielding the damper and engine fan area is required.
14. The hitch must be a frame mount. Reinforcements must not extend forward of the centerline of the rear axle or to the axle housing itself. Trick hitches are prohibited. Hook point must be no closer than 44” to the centerline of the rear axle. The hitch must be horizontal to the ground and stationary in all directions. Hitch must not exceed a maximum of 25 degree angle from pivot point to hook point. Bumpers may be notched or removed. The hitch’s height from the ground may not exceed 26 inches. Hooking point must have a minimum 3.0 inch x 3.75 inch opening for sled hook (3.75 inch being front to back of hitch point). The hooking point will be measured to the center of the clevis loop.
15. MAX. Wheelbase 158 inches. MAX. Width 102 inches
16. Hand throttles are permitted. They must have adequate spring pressure to automatically return to closed position.
17. Rigid or 4-link rear suspension is permitted. Rear air suspension is permitted but the compressor must be disconnected.
18. The tires must be DOT street tires. Cut tires are prohibited
19. Transmission, Automatic: Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies and internal components are permitted. Transmission brakes are prohibited. Any non-OEM floor-mounted automatic transmission shifter must be equipped with a spring-loaded positive reverse lockout device to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put into reverse gear. A functional neutral safety switch is mandatory. All transmission lines must be metallic or high-pressure-type hose. All vehicles running 4500 rpm or higher using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a transmission shield meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and must be labeled accordingly. A blanket-type shield is permitted; it must be appropriately labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and it must extend from the rear of the block to the front of tail housing with a minimum six-inch overlap where it is fastened. All nonblanket-type shields must incorporate two (or one, per manufacturers instructions) 3/4 inch by 1/8 inch straps that bolt to the shield on each side and pass under the transmission pan unless the transmission pan is labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1. All vehicles with engines using an automatic transmission running 4500 rpm and higher must be equipped with a flex plate meeting SFI Spec 29.1 and be covered by a flex plate shield meeting SFI Spec 30.1.
20. Transmission, Manual: Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket internal components are permitted. Engines running 4500 rpm or higher must have a clutch meeting minimum SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 is mandatory on all vehicles. All manual transmissions must be clutch assisted. Sequential shifters are prohibited. All vehicles with engines running 4500 rpm or higher with a manual transmission must have a flywheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI Spec 6.3 or greater. Applications for which an SFI Spec flywheel shield is not available may use a properly attached SFI 4.1 or 4.2 blanket that completely covers the bell housing; it must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the transmission with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened.
21. Turbocharger: The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; the inducer bore on the
compressor housing may be 2.6”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65-inch plug or internal
calipers. Bushing from any larger turbo size down to a 2.6 turbo is PROHIBITED. A stock
map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a
width greater than 1/4 inch. All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and
the MWE groove are prohibited. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines may utilize the factory twin-turbo
Smooth Bore PPL legal turbo limited to 3.0” inlet with no map groove ring and all air entering thru the 3.0” intake wheel opening. Wheel must protrude 1/8th inch inside the opening. Turbocharger inlet hose must be removed for inspection, whenever requested by tech. official, or vehicle will be disqualified.
22. Water injection is prohibited. All system components must be removed from the truck.
23. Master air shutoff or electronic shutoff with 2 in. diameter ring mounted at rear of truck for sled hook up highly recommended (will be mandatory for 2017 season).
24. Drivers must wear a DOT approved helmet. Helmet must be fastened. Opened body vehicle drivers must also wear eye protection.